BA lounge access guidelines

Old Dec 26, 2019, 11:43 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Stickboy46
Can someone clarify on this, I THINK i should have access to the BA Heathrow First Galleries lounge (T5).

Flying from Chicago -> London in First
6 hour Layover
London to Bangalore in Club World (no first available).

So because i'm arriving in First, I can access the First Lounges at LHR correct? It doesn't have to be departing on first right?
As long as your connection is the same day, keep the F boarding pass from ORD and you can use the F lounge.

In fact do one better and enjoy the Concorde Room (CCR) with the F boarding pass.
Old Dec 26, 2019, 1:04 pm

Flying into LHR T3 in business class from Tokyo Haneda on BA4609 - booked with BA & on BA flight number but operated by JAL - will I get access to the AA arrivals lounge?

Flight lands at 06:25 so would be nice, but assuming not based on the AA webpage for this lounge saying the flight must be marketed and operated by BA.

The BA arrivals lounges webpage is a bit less clear, saying flying on a scheduled British Airways flight in First or Club World - by scheduled do they also mean operated?
Old Dec 26, 2019, 1:38 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
On AA I doubt you would get access, the front desk has a list of flights that they expect to see, and the JAL flights won't be on this list.

For BA at T5? Well you may be able to blag your way in, but in theory it is for BA and AA operated flight, not the rest of oneworld.

Welcome to Flyertalk hpsc, I hope that we will see more of you here, and best wishes for Boxing Day.
Old Dec 26, 2019, 2:01 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
On AA I doubt you would get access, the front desk has a list of flights that they expect to see, and the JAL flights won't be on this list.

For BA at T5? Well you may be able to blag your way in, but in theory it is for BA and AA operated flight, not the rest of oneworld.

Welcome to Flyertalk hpsc, I hope that we will see more of you here, and best wishes for Boxing Day.
Thank you for the input and welcome. I prefer the T3 arrivals lounge - T5 is nice too, not quite worth changing terminals and then blagging for after a red-eye from Japan
Old Dec 26, 2019, 2:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
It might be worth putting the link to the relavent AA page re the T3 arrivals lounge.

No mention of JAL only BA. AA. CX and QF.

For BA it specifically states this

Flights must be marketed and operated by British Airways or marketed by American and operated by British Airways.
Old Dec 30, 2019, 1:10 pm

We are flying in Y GLA -LHR -SNN in Y. First leg on BA, second leg on Aer lingus. Paid for the tickets a couple of months ago on BA.com (crediting to AA). We all recently made platinum on AA but we don't have the Platinum cards yet. Can we use the lounge?
Old Dec 30, 2019, 1:30 pm

AA platinum is, as I understand it, OneWorld Sapphire - which would grant you access to the BA Galleries business lounges. If you have entered your AA frequent flier number on your booking then your status ought to be on your boarding pass. That, and/or whatever virtual cards the AA app provides, should work even if you dont have the physical cards.

edit: just realised your onward flight is Aer Lingus (I guess T2?), which is not a full OneWorld member and has some funny rules about lounge access even from BA... so you may wish to check with someone more knowledgeable than I!
Old Dec 30, 2019, 1:50 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by jkenn
We are flying in Y GLA -LHR -SNN in Y. First leg on BA, second leg on Aer lingus. Paid for the tickets a couple of months ago on BA.com (crediting to AA). We all recently made platinum on AA but we don't have the Platinum cards yet. Can we use the lounge?
I guess you have a Platinum card on your App? You should be able to tap your name rectangle in the Dashboard and it then shows your card. If so that work at the GLA lounge. If your boarding card says Sapphire then that will also work fine.

For LHR-SNN there is no access for AA members. You can buy access on Aer Lingus' website but I think it may not work with a BA ticket. T2 is a pleasant terminal even you don't have lounge access.
Old Dec 30, 2019, 6:13 pm

Thanks for the info, forgot about using the app that will work for the hubbie and I. I can download the app onto our daughters phone. We can just use priority pass lounge in T2
Old Jan 30, 2020, 4:12 am

Infant guest

Hi,

Could anyone guide me in regards to visting a lounge with my wife and infant (6 months)? I am a silver card member and we could be flying Y or J. (or Economy/CE)

Does my Daughter could as another +1?

Many thanks
Old Jan 30, 2020, 4:15 am

Programs: BA, Hilton
Originally Posted by Bankside01
Hi,

Could anyone guide me in regards to visting a lounge with my wife and infant (6 months)? I am a silver card member and we could be flying Y or J. (or Economy/CE)

Does my Daughter could as another +1?

Many thanks
Infants are not counted against guest allowance, so you will all have access by virtue of your Silver status
Old Jan 30, 2020, 5:55 am

Originally Posted by BertieBadger
Infants are not counted against guest allowance, so you will all have access by virtue of your Silver status
Many thanks BertieB
Old Feb 6, 2020, 3:53 am

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Im arriving DEN-LHR in BA J, and connecting to INV in Y. Do I have access to the OW lounges? I dont have any OW status.
Old Feb 6, 2020, 4:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by NWplatinum
Im arriving DEN-LHR in BA J, and connecting to INV in Y. Do I have access to the OW lounges? I dont have any OW status.
On the assumption that this is a same-day connection, then yes: you should have access to the Galleries Club lounges at LHR T5. This is because you seem to fit into scenario 4 in this post (albeit in the reverse direction): BA lounge access guidelines

There are three of these lounges, but AIUI Galleries Club North in the main building (T5A) is likely to be the most convenient for you because it's likely that your LHR-INV flight will depart from the north end of the terminal (low-numbered A gates). This lounge is at the same level as security in the main building. Turn left when you exit security and walk all the way to the end of the building.

If you want to clear to landside on arrival, you can also use the Arrivals Lounge before clearing security back to airside.
Old Feb 6, 2020, 7:51 am

I know there's a thin chance, but still want to ask: I am holding BA Gold outbound from LHR in CW, inbound (different date) back to LHR in F, both legs on the same reservation. Can I access CCR in LHR on departure day?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.