BA lounge access guidelines

Reply

Old Jun 10, 17, 3:29 pm
  #46  
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Scotland
Programs: TK*S, A3*G, BA Silver
Posts: 1,322
Originally Posted by KARFA View Post
I don't think there is a point calling BA again. One or two people had some success at the time when domestic CE was introduced but that soon ended. At the end of the day they are still getting what they booked - a change to CE would be an upgrade.

In terms of lounges this is correct, same day connection inbound long haul in J connecting to short haul or domestic in Y would get lounge access to any of the GC lounges in T5 - they will need to keep hold of their inbound bp as they will need to show it.
Thanks KARFA
gate4lounge is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 17, 11:30 pm
  #47  
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Club Carlson Gold
Posts: 1,458
Originally Posted by yabadoo View Post
Yes, that is correct, wife and 2 kids. It maybe much to ask but will give it a try if they're willing to let the kids enter.
I have seen many arguments outside GF re guesting kids. (usual argument is that the passenger travels every week solo and guests no-one and the one time they want to guest they want to bring their family ...response is that rules are rules) During school holidays they put signs up to confirm the guesting rules and that one guest means one guest. I would just head to Galleries since you are all in J there will be no problems
caz312 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 17, 7:50 am
  #48  
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: ABZ
Programs: BA Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador
Posts: 77
Originally Posted by KARFA View Post
Generally at T5 they do follow the rules. I think whilst you can ask I expect they may say no to guesting in so many people
Just out of curiosity, do BA staff in T5 generally check who you've guested in for the day?

For instance - could you guest in one person into a lounge, wander out 15 minutes later, then re-enter and guest a second person in? :P

Not that I'd suggest or condone such behaviour, of course! Hadn't ever crossed my mind (so far) to bend the rules like that - my view is you abuse it and you risk losing it!

Having said that, I have asked very politely in the past in the ABZ lounge if I could guest in my mum and sister for a couple of journeys, and the answer has been a very generous yes.
RandomStan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 17, 7:57 am
  #49  
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Krakow
Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Posts: 2,046
it is recorded that you have guested someone yes
scottishpoet is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 17, 7:57 am
  #50  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Leeds, UK
Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Posts: 24,972
Originally Posted by RandomStan View Post
Just out of curiosity, do BA staff in T5 generally check who you've guested in for the day?

For instance - could you guest in one person into a lounge, wander out 15 minutes later, then re-enter and guest a second person in? :P

Not that I'd suggest or condone such behaviour, of course! Hadn't ever crossed my mind (so far) to bend the rules like that - my view is you abuse it and you risk losing it!

Having said that, I have asked very politely in the past in the ABZ lounge if I could guest in my mum and sister for a couple of journeys, and the answer has been a very generous yes.
The system (FLY) keeps a track in T5 of who your guest is.

No issue explicitly asking if you can take an extra guest - although the answer is very likely to be no at T5. However, guesting one person in and then 15 minutes later trying to guest another in is unlikely to work and is clearly an abuse as you note - it isn't worth trying.
KARFA is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 17, 7:15 am
  #51  
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 3
Under 18 Lounge Access

I'm 16 and going to be traveling alone on BA first from JFK to LHR. I was wondering if I will be able to access the Concorde room in JFK, Heathrow and the arrivals lounge. Has anyone had any personal experiences as well with this? Thanks.
Jamie Simonson is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 17, 7:18 am
  #52  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Leeds, UK
Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Posts: 24,972
Originally Posted by Jamie Simonson View Post
I'm 16 and going to be traveling alone on BA first from JFK to LHR. I was wondering if I will be able to access the Concorde room in JFK, Heathrow and the arrivals lounge. Has anyone had any personal experiences as well with this? Thanks.
You should be fine with accessing the CCR at JFK. You will not have access to the CCR at LHR unless you are connecting on to somewhere after you arrive from JFK. Arrivals lounge should be fine as well.
KARFA is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 17, 7:21 am
  #53  
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
2019 FlyerTalk Awards
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Posts: 37,654
Welcome to Flyertalk Jamie Simonson, and welcome in particular to the BA forum. I hope you have a good flight and that you will let us know how it went.

I can't add much to KARFA's reply. The usual problem with lounge access is unsupervised access to alcohol, but as it happens CCR in JFK and Arrivals don't have this issue, so you should be fine.
corporate-wage-slave is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 17, 7:23 am
  #54  
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 3
Originally Posted by KARFA View Post
You should be fine with accessing the CCR at JFK. You will not have access to the CCR at LHR unless you are connecting on to somewhere after you arrive from JFK. Arrivals lounge should be fine as well.
Ok thanks. Ba has repeatedly been unhelpful with this issue. Each time I ask they give a different response. Glad there won't be any trouble, though.
Jamie Simonson is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 17, 7:26 am
  #55  
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 3
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave View Post
Welcome to Flyertalk Jamie Simonson, and welcome in particular to the BA forum. I hope you have a good flight and that you will let us know how it went.

I can't add much to KARFA's reply. The usual problem with lounge access is unsupervised access to alcohol, but as it happens CCR in JFK and Arrivals don't have this issue, so you should be fine.
Thanks I'll definitely let you know how it goes. This will be my first BA flight in first, so I want to get a good feel for all aspects of the product including the lounges I got concerned when I read they only allow 18+ into lounges, but I didn't know CCR would be different. Thanks for clarifying.
Jamie Simonson is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 17, 8:05 am
  #56  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Leeds, UK
Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Posts: 24,972
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave View Post
Welcome to Flyertalk Jamie Simonson, and welcome in particular to the BA forum. I hope you have a good flight and that you will let us know how it went.

I can't add much to KARFA's reply. The usual problem with lounge access is unsupervised access to alcohol, but as it happens CCR in JFK and Arrivals don't have this issue, so you should be fine.
Thankfully no unsupervised alcohol in the CCR - those that frequent the place could never be left alone with unsupervised alcohol
KARFA is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 17, 2:56 pm
  #57  
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Programs: Executive Club
Posts: 46
Having just attained Gold status for the first time, and booked a long haul BA flight from SFO to LHR in Y (sigh), I was looking forward to trying out the T5 Arrivals lounge for the first time. However, I'm travelling with my wife (Silver status), and it seems that I won't be able to guest her in, even though we are on the same booking - is that right?

At least we should both be able to try the F lounge on the way out.
bras0978 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 17, 3:00 pm
  #58  
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 2,655
that's correct. only GGL can guest into the arrivald lounge.
MPH1980 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 17, 12:09 am
  #59  
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Programs: QF, BA
Posts: 96
I'm travelling on a BA coded Flybe flight from ABZ, same day connection to Club Europe. Am I eligible for lounge access in ABZ?
joequimby is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 17, 1:16 am
  #60  
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
2019 FlyerTalk Awards
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Posts: 37,654
Originally Posted by joequimby View Post
I'm travelling on a BA coded Flybe flight from ABZ, same day connection to Club Europe. Am I eligible for lounge access in ABZ?
Only if you are a BAEC Gold cardholder and it is a 125 ticket (and I suspect at ABZ it would still be declined, though it shouldn't be). Otherwise not.
corporate-wage-slave is online now  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread