Wiki Posts
Search

BA lounge access guidelines

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2019, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by mrmanz
Ive read and seen that you can allow a guest but what about the kids? they are all over 2 years, but they are just kids.. so im not sure if BA will just allow us to take my sister + one kid and leave on behind
Isn't that's what the nanny is for - to look after the other child?

More seriously, how old are the children?

The rules are that children over 2 count as guests. So strictly speaking you may guest up to two out of the four in that group; your choice as to whom.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 2:58 am

Denied access to f wing

My app recently changed to Gold, so I must have hit the TP requirements without realising.

I checked in, got my boarding pass on my phone and proceeded to the F Wing entrance at LHR. Was greeted on way in, went down to the podiums before gates where they scanned my pass and looked confused. Their PC was showing I was Silver, but my app and boarding pass were Gold. I was told unfortunately then I do not qualify for access.

At at this point I was slightly embarrassed so put my tail between my legs, said ok no problem and went through normal security.

My question is has this happened to anyone before and what do you think they should have done? As I was quite embarrassed!!

Old Mar 3, 2019, 3:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Welcome to FT, HighFlyer2019!
Originally Posted by HighFlyer2019
My app recently changed to Gold, so I must have hit the TP requirements without realising.
Had you actually qualified for Gold, and had the necessary BA processes all done their job? (It takes a few days.) I'm wondering whether this was actually an app bug, so that the LHR screens were correct and your app was wrong.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 3:12 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold;BA GGL; hhonors lifetime diamond; Marriott lt Gold; IH Plat Amb; Amex Centurion
Originally Posted by Globaliser
Welcome to FT, HighFlyer2019!Had you actually qualified for Gold, and had the necessary BA processes all done their job? (It takes a few days.) I'm wondering whether this was actually an app bug, so that the LHR screens were correct and your app was wrong.
The app’s tier point count should give an immediate answer to this.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 3:14 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by HighFlyer2019
Welcome to Flyertalk and welcome to the BA forum HighFlyer2019. It's good to see you here and I hope we will see more of you in the future.

Perhaps you can clarify how many tier points you got in this membership year? And if your membership year recently turned over, whether you got 1500 TP + 4 Eligible Flights last year? You best look at the website rather than app version of BA.com for this.

The other factor is whether you were caught up in any of the major IT meltdowns in the last 12 months of so.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 4:00 am

Programs: SK EBG, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Globaliser
I'm wondering whether this was actually an app bug, so that the LHR screens were correct and your app was wrong.
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
You best look at the website rather than app version of BA.com for this.
Would an error in the app though also affect the downloaded boarding pass? That seems a bit odd (though with BA IT maybe not impossible ...)
Old Mar 23, 2019, 7:39 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Concorde Access?

Arriving in F the day before. Our connection is less than 24 hours after an overnight @LHR. I was already assured we can use the First wing for our check-in but will it also get us into the Concorde lounge before our flight? Thanks.
Old Mar 23, 2019, 7:54 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by david55
Arriving in F the day before. Our connection is less than 24 hours after an overnight @LHR. I was already assured we can use the First wing for our check-in but will it also get us into the Concorde lounge before our flight? Thanks.
the rule is same day connection. Day before arrival and departing the next day doesn’t give access based on the inbound flight. Ask by all means but they may say no.

who assured you?
Old Mar 23, 2019, 9:45 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by KARFA

the rule is same day connection. Day before arrival and departing the next day doesn’t give access based on the inbound flight. Ask by all means but they may say no.

who assured you?
I just re-read the email from YouFirst..... which actually answers my own question. They say I have access to both the First Wing and the Concorde Lounge.

Thank you for your enquiry. As you are travelling onwards within 24hrs of arriving please just keep your First boarding cards to show at the Concorde Room lounge reception for access.

You can also use the new First Wing checkin area when you come back to the airport at T5 on the XX April to go through departures, again just show your First boarding cards there. If there is any query just mention you are in transit within 24hrs from a BA First flight.
Old Mar 23, 2019, 9:45 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold / Marriott Platinum
I have a question, bit of a long-shot I'm guessing.
Flying CW Mex-Lhr-Cdg and back. The last leg of this (LHR-MEX) will take me over tier points for first time at gold level. How likely is it I could get into Galleries first? Zero chance or a possibility bearing in mind I'll be able to show app with enough TPs before adding the 140 I'll get from the last leg? I'm guessing probably not much chance, but thought I'd ask anyway.

Thanks a lot
Old Mar 23, 2019, 10:44 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by TTmex
I have a question, bit of a long-shot I'm guessing.
Flying CW Mex-Lhr-Cdg and back. The last leg of this (LHR-MEX) will take me over tier points for first time at gold level. How likely is it I could get into Galleries first? Zero chance or a possibility bearing in mind I'll be able to show app with enough TPs before adding the 140 I'll get from the last leg? I'm guessing probably not much chance, but thought I'd ask anyway.
At LHR this may work, particularly if it is a quiet time. I have seen it happen and other FTers have reported other instances. You obviously can't take it for granted but if the App shows you very close then I think you have a reasonable chance.
Old Mar 23, 2019, 11:12 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold / Marriott Platinum
Cool. I will ask when I'm there. If it's a no, club lounge will be fine. Thanks for the response.
Old Mar 24, 2019, 3:14 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by david55
I just re-read the email from YouFirst..... which actually answers my own question. They say I have access to both the First Wing and the Concorde Lounge.

Thank you for your enquiry. As you are travelling onwards within 24hrs of arriving please just keep your First boarding cards to show at the Concorde Room lounge reception for access.

You can also use the new First Wing checkin area when you come back to the airport at T5 on the XX April to go through departures, again just show your First boarding cards there. If there is any query just mention you are in transit within 24hrs from a BA First flight.
Fair enough. That's not what the lounge eligibility guide says but if you have that reassurance from YouFirst then youcan certainly cite that if there is an issue.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 3:57 pm

First time of doing this as a Silver member. I'm positioning to Inv in Jan on a Wednesday evening in CE. On the Thursday, I will fly to LHR then on to NYC in First. Will I be able to use the first wing and the CCR on the Wednesday night, seeing as I am flying in F about 12 hours after?
Old Apr 2, 2019, 6:23 pm

Programs: BA GGL
You can try, but by the letter of the rules, no, you won’t be allowed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.