Search

BA lounge access guidelines

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2017, 2:29 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by chris1922Mk2
So, just to confirm I understand scenario 5 correctly:

I booked a GLA-LHR-BOS redemption last year, in F, long before CE was introduced in domestic connections. I couldn't upgrade the GLA-LHR leg to CE, once introduced.
In time gone by, my F flight to BOS would have got me in to the GLA lounge, so this will still be the case ? irrespective of my ET domestic flight ?

I thought it would anyway, but wanted to head off any disappointment in GLA.
We do have four hours in the CCR to look forward to though..........
Yes that's fine.
Old May 1, 2017, 2:37 am

Programs: BAEC (Silver), IHG (Plat Elite)
Originally Posted by KARFA
Yes that's fine.
Lovely, thought so. Thanks for such a quick reply !
Old May 1, 2017, 3:45 am

Programs: Hilton HHonors, BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by chris1922Mk2
So, just to confirm I understand scenario 5 correctly:

I booked a GLA-LHR-BOS redemption last year, in F, long before CE was introduced in domestic connections. I couldn't upgrade the GLA-LHR leg to CE, once introduced.
In time gone by, my F flight to BOS would have got me in to the GLA lounge, so this will still be the case ? irrespective of my ET domestic flight ?

I thought it would anyway, but wanted to head off any disappointment in GLA.
We do have four hours in the CCR to look forward to though..........
Yes, you have understood correctly. You will have access to the Galleries lounge in GLA. Enjoy!
Old May 1, 2017, 4:22 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Markie
Is this correct:

BA Concorde Dining (at BOS and IAD):
  • Once access into the lounge has been granted by class of travel or status, Concorde Room cardholders have access to the inner Concorde Dining Room with a guest. The Concorde Room card in isolation does not grant lounge access.

When I was in the BOS lounge last month I was denied Concorde Dining as I was not in F (just Club with CCR card).
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Yes, rightly or wrongly, BOS doesn't allow this, whereas IAD does.
I've added some words which pick up on your experiences in BOS. Many thanks for this.

Originally Posted by chris1979
great resource - thank you as always.

2 comments:

1. is this correct?

BA Gold Guest List members

BA Concorde Room and Concorde Bar:
Member flying BA First plus two guests.

2. though not suggesting a 'negative' is better than a 'positive' the first table sort of says that everyone at every status level has access to CCR, First Galleries etc etc etc IF they travel in F. just wondering if the first table that has categories by status could / should be changed to be a bit more conditional as otherwise, it might confuse newcomers?

thank you again though for putting together - as with all the others, very useful.
I've made some minor adjustments to the summary table - added caution icons where the conditions of entry really do need to be observed. My intention is to convey the access rules using the KISS approach but as we know, the rules are often far from simple.
Old May 1, 2017, 4:32 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Originally Posted by Prospero
I've made some minor adjustments to the summary table - added caution icons where the conditions of entry really do need to be observed. My intention is to convey the access rules using the KISS approach but as we know, the rules are often far from simple.
Just saw the caution icons and like them (and doubted myself - thinking "if those were already there, it's more obvious than I first thought").

Kissing sounds good to me ! (No idea what the KISS approach is though lol).
Old May 1, 2017, 4:59 am

Programs: BA Gold GL, JJC
Now that BA has dropped it unaccompanied minors service, I do have a slight issue that they will not allow minors traveling Club/First to use the lounge because of self serve alcohol.

I would think that most parents would agree that the Lounges are a more safer environment, than them just wandering the Terminal. Let alone if there are cancellations or delays to the service they are on.
Old May 1, 2017, 2:27 pm

I'm arriving in LHR from ORD on a business fare BA ticket and connecting to a separate ticket purchased that is a one way economy ticket from LHR to FRA. Safe to assume I would only have access to the arrivals lounge and not to the airside galleries lounge? No status.
Old May 1, 2017, 2:41 pm

Thanks for this helpful guide. It indicates that under 18s must be accompanied by an adult with "eligibility in their own right". My under 18 kids (silver card holders) have been allowed to guest adults (known to them, not random strangers from the escalator!) into the lounges on countless occasions without any problem at all.
Old May 1, 2017, 2:51 pm

Programs: Silver, JJC (circa 1980)
Originally Posted by chris1979

Kissing sounds good to me ! (No idea what the KISS approach is though lol).
I believe KISS stands for 'Keep It Simple, Stupid'. Nothing personal, you understand!
Old May 1, 2017, 2:51 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Gold, ALL Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by aardvarkdave
Thanks for this helpful guide. It indicates that under 18s must be accompanied by an adult with "eligibility in their own right". My under 18 kids (silver card holders) have been allowed to guest adults (known to them, not random strangers from the escalator!) into the lounges on countless occasions without any problem at all.
I recall earlier discussions suggesting such a limitation, but I don't recall the source. My experience has been the same as yours, and I think it makes sense: a be-statused minor has status, which other things being equal includes guesting privileges; the only issue is being unaccompanied around alcohol, and guesting a responsible adult solves that.

Anyway if there's a BA rule to this effect it would be good to nail it down, though perhaps I should be careful what I wish for.
Old May 4, 2017, 3:34 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Hi guys,

I am a BA gold card holder flying economy from AKL to LAX (ugh) today on American, then transferring with a long layover to an Air Canada (I have no star alliance status) flight to YUL. Will I be able to use OW lounge in LAX or will I be stuck in the worlds worst airport with no lounge?

Cheers
Old May 4, 2017, 3:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by moonunit
I am a BA gold card holder flying economy from AKL to LAX (ugh) today on American, then transferring with a long layover to an Air Canada (I have no star alliance status) flight to YUL. Will I be able to use OW lounge in LAX or will I be stuck in the worlds worst airport with no lounge?
No lounge access as you must be departing on a oneworld marketed or operated flight.
Old May 4, 2017, 3:48 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by moonunit
Hi guys,

Cheers
Stuck yes, it would appear so, leaving oneworld means leaving oneworld's lounges. AC leaves from T2 and I can't think of any viable options for you there. unless you are Star Gold or something similar. World's worst airport? You haven't lived! I'll raise you to Simón Bolívar International, CCS. Or LTN.

If it's a really long layover, take the city bus to In-N-Out Burger. You could try and blag your way into the Admirals Club in T4, they sometimes are prepared to accept people after travel, but I wouldn't show your AC boarding pass. Alternatively Alaska do "paid for" entry in T6, at USD 45 for a day pass.
Old May 4, 2017, 5:03 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Stuck yes, it would appear so, leaving oneworld means leaving oneworld's lounges. AC leaves from T2 and I can't think of any viable options for you there. unless you are Star Gold or something similar. World's worst airport? You haven't lived! I'll raise you to Simón Bolívar International, CCS. Or LTN.

If it's a really long layover, take the city bus to In-N-Out Burger. You could try and blag your way into the Admirals Club in T4, they sometimes are prepared to accept people after travel, but I wouldn't show your AC boarding pass. Alternatively Alaska do "paid for" entry in T6, at USD 45 for a day pass.
Thought as much.
Thanks a lot for the tips and yes I will agree it was an exaggeration but I don't think anyone would describe LAX as pleasant at least.
Old May 6, 2017, 11:53 am

Programs: AA EXP (LT Plat 2MM), Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat75, UA1K
Traveling on 10 May BOS-LHR-ARN in WT. I am a OW Sapphire (AA Platinum). I understand that I have access to the Galleries Lounge at Boston & Heathrow for myself and husband due to my OW status. I do not have my current "physical" AAdvantage Card showing my Platinum status - though I do have the digital version on my phone. Will this be an issue at the clubs as I know from past experience BA has been a stickler for seeing the physical card.

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.