Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Catering enhancements for May

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2017, 8:18 am

I'm pleased about the flower in F. The empty holder looks very sad. Same they are not bringing back the canapes though, rather than the amouse bouche.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 8:19 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Melia Gold, Shangri-La Jade, BA Amex PP, Iberia+, Nandos Card
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
It's the pretzels that probably have the greatest impact here, in terms of "setting the scene" for the 30-40 WTP passengers. From what I make out, this service item had a near 100% take-up, it wasn't a wasted item. So a welcome bit of good news, which was hinted at in the recent Plan4 engagement sessions.
I LOVED those pretzels last time I had them!!
Old Apr 28, 2017, 8:22 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Melia Gold, Shangri-La Jade, BA Amex PP, Iberia+, Nandos Card
Originally Posted by DFB_london
no no no . Send feedback for things they never should have cut to start with? You are joking right?

Clearly this all bombed badly and there is no need to congratulate any company for merely going back to where it was (which by the way still lags the competition - which I suspect more if their regular punters have now tried and may decide not to return from.)
Who said anything about congratulations? Feedback can say "thank you for restoring the pretzels you should never have removed in the first place"...

They say they listen to feedback. Provide them with it.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 8:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Originally Posted by Flexible preferences
I'm pleased about the flower in F. The empty holder looks very sad. Same they are not bringing back the canapes though, rather than the amouse bouche.
I agree, I would like to see nuts offered pretakeoff and canapés with the first drink.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 8:34 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
no no no . Send feedback for things they never should have cut to start with? You are joking right?
Among the feedback that FT has put out over the years is "no one likes scones", "the ATH lounge is awful", "the food in ET is terrible", "I liked the BMI toastie". I don't recall many people saying "I liked a newspaper choice in CE", but plenty of "that awful Daily Mail.....". Now assuming BA receive similar feedback to FT, and given BA's management will naturally reinterpret this feedback via a very special prism, you can see where we are.

So, yes, yes, yes!
Old Apr 28, 2017, 8:37 am

Programs: BA Gold; Swiss Blue
"no one likes scones"
And I have often wondered what there is to not like about scones?

Especially with clotted cream and strawberry jam

I might as well come out and say it...

I liked afternoon tea as it was served. Scones clotted cream sandwiches and all...
Old Apr 28, 2017, 8:40 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Originally Posted by SWISSBOBBY
And I have often wondered what there is to not like about scones?

Especially with clotted cream and strawberry jam

I might as well come out and say it...

I like afternoon tea as it was served. Scones clotted cream sandwiches and all...
You're not British if you don't like scones with clotted cream and jam. And this is British Airways. I always look forward to my scone in the lounge.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 8:41 am
Suspended

Programs: plenty - ggl, ccr, etc, etc.
Originally Posted by obduro
Who said anything about congratulations? Feedback can say "thank you for restoring the pretzels you should never have removed in the first place"...

They say they listen to feedback. Provide them with it.
so thank you for putting back what you should nt have removed anyway?
Not in my book. Cold clear cash - or not - is the only feedback BA listens to and will get - or more the case not get from me now.
Putting back what they had before still means a need to work very hard: the cuts saw me fly the competition a lot more and guess what? It's generally much better - including United in Polaris, Lufthansa, SAS, Delta etc. To get more of my cash back BA needs to restore and much improve on the pre cut stuff - including basic stuff like cleanliness and de-zooing 'priority' boarding. It also needs to stop cutting other things to make it a net improvement - not robbing Peter to pay Paul - which is the present modus operandi still.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 8:44 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Yes, this is good news. However, I still fell it is rather like moving the deckchairs on the Titanic.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 9:03 am

Originally Posted by TheOldMan
Yes, this is good news. However, I still fell it is rather like moving the deckchairs on the Titanic.
I did chuckle
Old Apr 28, 2017, 9:04 am

so thank you for putting back what you should nt have removed anyway?
Not in my book. Cold clear cash - or not - is the only feedback BA listens to and will get - or more the case not get from me now.
Putting back what they had before still means a need to work very hard: the cuts saw me fly the competition a lot more and guess what? It's generally much better - including United in Polaris, Lufthansa, SAS, Delta etc. To get more of my cash back BA needs to restore and much improve on the pre cut stuff - including basic stuff like cleanliness and de-zooing 'priority' boarding. It also needs to stop cutting other things to make it a net improvement - not robbing Peter to pay Paul - which is the present modus operandi still.
True, point taken - particularly around voting with your feet!
Old Apr 28, 2017, 9:43 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, HHonors Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Silver
I am in WT+ on Monday so look forward to any enhancement (but will see take my bags on dry salted and chilli nuts with me just in case).
Old Apr 28, 2017, 10:16 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
Originally Posted by Can I help you
From the 1st May the pre starter or Amuse Bouche will be reintroduced.
The flowers in the First toilets are back.
In WT plus cheese and biscuits and pretzels are back and there is a slight improvement to the second service basket pass.
All good, the WT+ improvements seem more significant to me, even if the FT sturm und drang over the amuse bouche and especially the flower had to be seen to be believed.

Thanks, as always, for the detailed info, CIHY.

The enhanced basket pass on outbound flights in World Traveller and World Traveller Plus will allow customers to take three different items of their choice. Depending on the flight time, they will include snacks such as chocolate pastries, crisps, yoghurts, multigrain bars, fresh wraps, biscuits and Cadburys chocolate.
The basket rather than a real meal item is still somewhat miserly of BA in my opinion, but this will make it seem far less so to many passengers, including me. "Would you like some snacks? You're welcome to two or three if you would like." is a far better message than "Here are snacks. You can have ONE." I think in terms of improving the customer perception, this is a big improvement - but yet not overall very costly. A smart move by BA.

It's the pretzels that probably have the greatest impact here, in terms of "setting the scene" for the 30-40 WTP passengers.

Incidentally: very important! If you travel WTP or First and approve of this, make sure you send in positive feedback in for it.
The pretzels will be more welcoming also, and as you say I rarely saw anyone leave them behind. The same is true when similar items are offered on other carriers; most passenger take their drink and start eating the snack and look satisfied. This also improves customer satisfaction for little cost.

I can only second the need for feedback emphatically. While BA may be ultimately a profit-guided business, revenue, profit and loyalty changes after a service change take a long time to measure properly (months). Customer satisfaction measures, by survey or by feedback analysis, are fast. So they are often used as a proxy for the real business metric a company cares about, and so positive feedback for a change matters. Also if you get a survey about this, fill it in.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 11:27 am
Suspended

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hyatt Plat, Amex Plat.
More details of the "enhanced" basket pass.
It will be in both the WT cabins and at preset out of London to JFK/BOS/IAD/DXB.

The enhanced basket pass on outbound flights in World Traveller and World Traveller Plus will allow customers to take three different items of their choice. Depending on the flight time, they will include snacks such as chocolate pastries, crisps, yoghurts, multigrain bars, fresh wraps, biscuits and Cadburys chocolate.
As a seasoned WTP traveler on the a380 LAX route, a cabin that has been almost universally rammed since the a380 introduction, these last months have seen plenty of empty seats. Indeed, Wednesday, I'd say the cabin was half full. In this class of travel, the small things can make a huge difference.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 11:36 am

Programs: BA Gold; Hilton Honors Diamond
I may have to consider upgrading from WT to WT+ on the BA283 on 4th June just to sample the new catering! All of this is very welcome. As others have said, it's often the small things (like pretzels or cheese) that make the most difference. I would also echo the call to provide feedback. Positive feedback is just as important, if not more so, than negative!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.