Search

UK/EU to Sydney

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2017, 2:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: VA Platinum
UK/EU to Sydney

Hi again all,

I'm trying to find well priced tickets from London (or EU) to Sydney.
Don't mind connections but do want to travel in business or premium on the overnight legs.

I've tried using ITA but I can't seem to find a way to get only certain legs in Premium/Business.
ie: DOH- SYD since I can travel LON - DOH during the day (or KUL)

It seems to constantly put the whole ticket in Business.

I need to leave 30/31 May or 1 June, and need to be back in UK by 6pm 27 July.
Happy to do ex-EU
I've got about 225k BA miles too.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 2:57 am

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Gold
Discussions on this route currently taking place in the Premium Fares thread.

Head on over
Old Apr 28, 2017, 3:21 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I suspect that you will find that the price of an economy r/t to DOH plus a business return trip to Sydney may be more expensive than just a business class r/t to Sydney

You may find that a r/t to Cairo in economy plus then purchasing a business r/t to Sydney may be cheaper option
Old Apr 28, 2017, 4:53 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Try ex-Italy or Spain for premium economy and ex-Norway or Sweden for business class. If you wanted to split classes your best bet would be to be OK with economy and bid to upgrade. No guarantees of savings that way or even that you will travel,in the class you want.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 6:04 am

Programs: BA Silver AA Lifetime Gold
If price is the key then why not do daytime economy flights all the way with a day or two in KUL both ways. I know the outbound arrives at 0645 but leaving London at 1025 you're pretty much going to be awake all the way. KL can be a fairly cheap place for a couple of days.

https://www.google.co.uk/flights/#search;iti=LHR,LGW,STN,LTN,LCY,SEN,QQS_KUL_2017-05-31*KUL_SYD_2017-06-02*SYD_KUL_2017-07-23*KUL_LHR,LGW,STN,LTN,LCY,SEN,QQS_2017-07-25;tt=m;sel=LHRKUL0MH3,KULSYD0MH141,SYDKUL0MH122,K ULLHR0MH4

Spike

Last edited by Funky Spike; Apr 28, 2017 at 6:07 am Reason: Fat fingers
Old May 2, 2017, 10:41 am
Original Poster

Thanks all.
Checked all the above and the Premium Fare thread and having no luck really. I've tried every creative route I could and ex-EU didn't help either

I've asked a travel agent to try and find some IT fares.
Old May 2, 2017, 10:57 am

Be careful with your travel agent, make sure they send you to the right Sidney or they might just find some very nice business class fares to another Sidney, it has happened before...
Old May 2, 2017, 11:02 am

Location: All over the place often South Wales and Lake District
Programs: BA Gold for Life Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Calum
Be careful with your travel agent, make sure they send you to the right Sidney or they might just find some very nice business class fares to another Sidney, it has happened before...
[pedant hat on] They might not find any place called Sidney, you might find a person called Sidney in Sydney, however. [pedant hat off]
Old May 2, 2017, 11:08 am

Programs: BA GGLfL, WoH Lifetime Globalist, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Sidney (SNY) is in Nebraska, USA. Doc Copper
Old May 2, 2017, 11:10 am
Suspended

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH DIAMOND, AVIS Presidents Club, Karahi Express
Whats your budget and do you need to make some TP'S?
Old May 2, 2017, 2:28 pm
Original Poster

Ideally I need about 200 tier points to retain Silver. This will help me when I move permanently to Oz until I get Qantas status.

As for budget, my other half wouldn't be happy if I spent more than Ł1500, hence why I was hoping to do some sectors in economy but not sure its going to be possible...
Old May 2, 2017, 2:49 pm

Programs: BA Silver, AA Gold, A3 Gold, Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by DoctorCopper
But I think Calum may have been referring to this: https://www.thestar.com/amp/news/gta...ng-sydney.html

Sydney, Nova Scotia vs Sydney, Australia.
Old May 2, 2017, 2:53 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
I think you'll struggle with that budget but I'll watch the thread like a hawk to see if anyone manages it.
Old May 2, 2017, 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by DoctorCopper
Originally Posted by mrow
But I think Calum may have been referring to this: https://www.thestar.com/amp/news/gta...ng-sydney.html

Sydney, Nova Scotia vs Sydney, Australia.
Yes I was talking about Sydney NS, Canada. It's been on CBC quite a few times about people turning up there thinking they were going to aus. Most of the time they seem to have been using a TA to get there.
Old May 2, 2017, 3:54 pm

Programs: BA Silver, AA Gold, A3 Gold, Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Calum
Yes I was talking about Sydney NS, Canada. It's been on CBC quite a few times about people turning up there thinking they were going to aus. Most of the time they seem to have been using a TA to get there.
Indeed...it's quite funny how people respond. Most seem to take it in good spirits, despite being surrounded by snow when they were expecting to be sitting on Bondi beach!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.