Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Best Price Guarantee...

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2019, 7:43 am

Programs: Some
I was denied a Best Price Guarantee claim recently as my claim was deemed not eligible 'as your booking has been discounted by use of an eVoucher', the eVoucher being one I had received from a previous claim.
Old May 1, 2019, 7:51 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
I was denied a Best Price Guarantee claim recently as my claim was deemed not eligible 'as your booking has been discounted by use of an eVoucher', the eVoucher being one I had received from a previous claim.
Thanks for that, seems like I made the right choice this time, it seems a bit of a shame that BA do this, it means that either people will end up with many eVouchers (if they use the BPG often) or will end up using OTAs anyway and defeating the point of the BPG.
Old May 1, 2019, 8:01 am

Programs: BA Gold, Delta Plat
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
Same happened to me.
Old May 1, 2019, 8:03 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
Duplicate post, mods please delete.
Old May 1, 2019, 8:05 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
Originally Posted by wilsnunn
Thanks for that, seems like I made the right choice this time, it seems a bit of a shame that BA do this, it means that either people will end up with many eVouchers (if they use the BPG often) or will end up using OTAs anyway and defeating the point of the BPG.
Perhaps, alternatively, it is a sensible to stop people exploiting any revenue issue by multiple claims and given you have found it cheaper, already, its not like you are out of pocket and I'm not sure BA really looses out that much by people using OTAs. Part of the appeal from such systems for companies is that it drives further custom (usually the amount of difference will be small- so profit will still be made). The BPG is to drive traffic to BA's site or app to purchase flights, many sites use such tactics (look at hotel booking sites, many of them contain best price guarantees, and they can't all be offering the best price every time- so it is an advertisement tool essentially).
Old May 15, 2019, 5:37 pm

British Airways Price Guarantee and e-voucher use?

Hello,

Hoping for some advice/opinions please!

Have an e-voucher from a previous price guarantee claim from BA. Planning to book another flight LHR-KUL for October in PE. Skyscanner prices are approx 120 pounds cheaper so was thinking of doing price guarantee again for this flight.

My question is, if I use the e-voucher I have to part-pay for this new flight, would it invalidate the price guarantee claim? T&Cs imply that part payment with a voucher is not allowed (though not explicitly stated).

If it is not allowed, just curious, what do people use their e-vouchers for?? Prices on BA.com are usually more expensive than other websites (travelup, ebookers etc) esp for long-haul flights...

I miss the cash refunds for price guarantee!
Old May 15, 2019, 10:07 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Welcome to Flyertalk and welcome to the BA forum Lblace, I hope that you will find this place helpful and that you will continue to participate here.

This question came up a few weeks ago in this thread, and there were some data points that suggest that you can't do a guarantee claim on bookings wholly or partly paid via an e-voucher.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...ouble-dip.html
Old May 16, 2019, 1:22 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
Originally Posted by Lblace
If it is not allowed, just curious, what do people use their e-vouchers for?? Prices on BA.com are usually more expensive than other websites (travelup, ebookers etc) esp for long-haul flights...

I miss the cash refunds for price guarantee!
Hi Lblace, it was me who asked recently in the thread linked by c-w-s. And the majority of people seemed to suggest that it was not possible unfortunately!

I find that the best use of the vouchers is on short haul economy flights where OTAs are rarely any cheaper than BA.com even by a few pounds. But I agree with you completely, it would be much better if we could “double dip” for those longer flights!
IntVic likes this.
Old May 16, 2019, 1:40 am

Thanks so much c-w-s and wilsnunn. I suspected as much, but wanted to clarify. Not sure how come that thread didn’t come up in my search on the forum before I posted!

Thanks again
Old May 16, 2019, 1:52 am
A13

Programs: BA Silver
Tried this yesterday. Claim was declined as not paid in full with debit/credit card/PayPal.

“Thanks for submitting your claim for the British Airways Best Price Guarantee.

We've reviewed your claim and have found that it is not eligible, as your booking has been discounted by use of an eVoucher.”

Lblace likes this.
Old May 16, 2019, 2:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
See the first T&C here
https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb.../price-promise

Must have booked and made full payment ... using a credit or debit card or Paypal
Lblace likes this.
Old May 16, 2019, 3:38 pm

I asked this very question in a private message on Twitter last week. The reply I received confirmed what has been said upthread:

“The comparisons is based on the same payment type as used on http://ba.com for payment. However, since you can only use your eVoucher with us, it's not possible to price match with another booking agent.”

It’s also worth bearing in mind that only one eVoucher can be redeemed per booking.
Lblace likes this.
Old May 16, 2019, 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by jacobchr

It’s also worth bearing in mind that only one eVoucher can be redeemed per booking.
Thanks jacobchr has not realised that.
Old May 16, 2019, 4:13 pm

There are a few more restrictions for eVoucher redemption so let me add a link to the full eVoucher terms and conditions: https://www.britishairways.com/trave...r/public/en_gb

If anyone knows of a way to redeem them in the iOS app then please educate me. To my frustration I’ve only been able to locate the relevant field in the legacy website, with an easy-to-miss link in the checkout flow of the new site.
Old May 17, 2019, 10:14 am

Does anyone else think that this is BA's way of restricting you to book with them, as once you've found a flight elsewhere (that's cheaper) and used the Best Price Guaranty, you can no longer do it again otherwise you can't use the eVoucher!?

Last edited by The Wingman; May 17, 2019 at 10:15 am Reason: Spelling error

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.