Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Best Price Guarantee...

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2018, 1:04 am

Programs: QF, BA
Just booked a WT fare on BA.com after finding a OTA fare 43GBP (16%) cheaper. Figured I'd give the process a go despite some of the reports on here.
Request sent and was initially worried there was no file upload on the claim form. Let's see if they ask for screenshots (ready to go) and will report back.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 9:36 am

Programs: BA
BA Redemption Guarantee & other OW carriers

BA guarantee 2xC seats on every flight. Do any other OW carriers offer something similar?

I'm looking at JAL flights from LHR-NRT and wondered what my chances are if I book well in advance?
Old Sep 7, 2018, 12:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold
Changes to BA Best Price Guarantee

Just submitted my regular BPG claim for the same route I travel quite often. Once again it has been accepted however rather than a refund of the fare difference back to my method of payment, I have been issued an eVoucher. I wasn't aware of this change, but now the Ts and Cs state this is what they will do.

However I was surprised that the eVoucher I have received for £200 is around £60 more than the value of my BPG claim itself! Not sure if this is a one-off or the eVouchers are only issued to the nearest £50 or £100?
Old Sep 7, 2018, 2:03 am

Programs: BAEC OW Gold/Emerald
That's interesting... I have just tried the BPG for the first time yesterday. Difference in price was only £40 but will be interested to see if BA accepts my claim and what and how they pay out if accepted....
Just received an email stating my claim is approved and will get £90 e-voucher valid until Sept 2019. Result ^

Last edited by IntVic; Sep 7, 2018 at 2:34 am Reason: update
Old Sep 7, 2018, 2:24 am

Programs: BA Silver, HHonors Gold, Club Carlson Silver Elite
On Tuesday I had a rate guarantee uplifted from £86 to £100. Less than 24 hours for a response, pretty good all round.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 5:25 am

Sorry for my ignorance but what is this?
Old Sep 7, 2018, 7:35 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by andymcdonnell
Sorry for my ignorance but what is this?
https://www.britishairways.com/en-de/flights-and-holidays/flights/price-promise
batwins likes this.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 11:57 pm

Lock in fare

Hi all
apologies if it's already been answered, couldn't find it. Does BPG work if I lock in the fare for up to 72 hours? And if so, which day should I use for comparison, day I locked the fare or day I actually paid for it?
Thank you in advance!
Old Sep 11, 2018, 12:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by flyslow
Hi all
apologies if it's already been answered, couldn't find it. Does BPG work if I lock in the fare for up to 72 hours? And if so, which day should I use for comparison, day I locked the fare or day I actually paid for it?
Thank you in advance!
No I don't believe it would work. See Ts and Cs:

"To be eligible for a Best price guarantee refund (BPGR) offer you must have booked and made full payment for a Qualifying Flight(s) at ba.com using a credit or debit card or PayPal (where available), in the currency of your departure country. "
Old Sep 11, 2018, 7:46 am

Programs: BA Silver
BA made some changes recently where instead of refunding the price difference to your payment method, they will give you DOUBLE the price difference in the form of a voucher, as long as you're a BAEC member.

The T&Cs were on the price match page for this yesterday but strangely today it is no longer mentioned. According to the T&Cs they would give you double the difference up to a maximum of £200 (which would explain the OP getting £200 for a ~£140 claim).

Anyway, I submitted two claims yesterday for a price difference of £55 each and received two vouchers for £110 this morning. Vouchers valid for 1 year, no screenshots required.

One of the bookings I used UUA immediately after booking and the voucher was still granted with no issue.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 9:51 am

Programs: BA Gold
BA price guarantee vs USD TA quote. UK - USA - UK.

I haven’t tried to use the price guarantee but if I get a quote for a ticket with a UK airport as the start / finish point (UK - USA - UK), but it’s in USD $, do BA Match the pricing?
Old Sep 12, 2018, 11:05 am

Programs: BAEC OW Gold/Emerald
I have only used BA BPG once, and I suspect that you need a same currency quotation. If I remember, you have to submit the claim the same day or something
Old Sep 12, 2018, 11:36 am

Programs: BA - GL, Disgruntled ex LH HON
Do report back, please, on whether they accepted it, I've been wondering the same.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Requirements and Restrictions

4. The fare (including all taxes, fees and charges) plus any associated booking and card payment fees must be cheaper than the flight purchased through ba.com and must be for the same route, with each leg of the trip flown in the same order, for the same dates, for the same flight numbers, in the same class of travel, for the same type of ticket (including fare conditions such as whether tickets are/are not flexible, refundable or changeable and the cost of making such changes) and be sold over the internet in your country of departure, in the currency of the departure country, on the same calendar day (based on the local time of departure country) you purchased your ticket on ba.com (the “Lower Online Fare”). The website with the Lower Online Fare must provide capability to book that fare. Websites showing fares but not providing booking capability will not qualify for the BPGR. Comparisons will be made based on the same payment type as used on ba.com for payment. Where a payment method is not available on the website with the Lower Online Fare the comparison will be based on the nearest comparable payment method as determined by British Airways.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 11:45 am

Programs: BA Gold
Ah, that won’t work then. Needs to be the same currency. Worth a call later on though

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.