Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

British Airways silver - the 4 eligible flights?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

British Airways silver - the 4 eligible flights?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2020, 4:50 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Stoat
Am I correct in assuming that LHR to Doha flown by Qatar with BA flight number BA7008 is an eligible flight for status purposes?
Yes it would be. Eligible flights include any ones which are BA operated or marketed.
Old Jan 3, 2020, 4:51 am

Programs: BAEC
Thank you Karfa.
Old Jan 5, 2020, 12:05 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Emirates Skywards Silver
[QUOTE=Modo;31612849]The QR flight is fine and the crew great. But the lounge at ARN is poor and can't be accessed until about 2 hours before the late flight. The QR lounge in Doha is a zoo when the late QR flight lands in Doha at around 5a.

I think this statement is not quite correct. IIn November 2019, I flew ARN-DOH on the last QR flight of the day (21 hrs) and accessed the ARN lounge at least 4 hrs prior to the flight.
Old Jan 5, 2020, 2:02 am

Programs: BA Silver, PR Elite, Avis Preferred Plus, PC Diamond Ambassador
[QUOTE=lall;31910367]
Originally Posted by Modo
The QR flight is fine and the crew great. But the lounge at ARN is poor and can't be accessed until about 2 hours before the late flight. The QR lounge in Doha is a zoo when the late QR flight lands in Doha at around 5a.

I think this statement is not quite correct. IIn November 2019, I flew ARN-DOH on the last QR flight of the day (21 hrs) and accessed the ARN lounge at least 4 hrs prior to the flight.
That was October 3 2019 and corroborated by several other posts in other fora at that time. May be different now, but seemed to consistently be the case in the middle of 2019. Hopefully the string of complaints that I and several other passengers on my October flight registered, caused the positive change you experienced.
Old Jan 5, 2020, 11:21 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
I was searching for a flight from Canada to the US and an interesting option came up. The flights all had BA flight numbers and were on AA metal. I am not sure what stock that the the ticket would be issued on. The OTA is Kissandfly.

Would these flights count toward the 4 qualifying flights?
Old Jan 5, 2020, 11:28 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by sbgmiles
I was searching for a flight from Canada to the US and an interesting option came up. The flights all had BA flight numbers and were on AA metal. I am not sure what stock that the the ticket would be issued on. The OTA is Kissandfly.

Yes they would. See my comment in post 91 above.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 11:47 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Thanks! I was worried that it was too good to be true.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 4:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Thanks! I was worried that it was too good to be true.
I think I would doublecheck to make sure that the ticket is being issued with the BA codes as marketing carrier. I would be concerned as to how your OTA is going to issue the ticket in this manner without a transatlantic segment(which is normally required to sell AA flights with BA codes).
Old Jan 6, 2020, 6:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold

II have also seen that Kissandfly selling US domestic itineraries with BA flight numbers but all on AA metal. As Kissandfly is a USA based OTA, I would check the e-ticket number and if it’s not starting with 125, I would cancel it within the free 24 hour cancellation period if the sole purpose of the trip is an eligible-flight-run
Old Feb 14, 2020, 3:51 pm
Suspended

Hello all,

Still a bit confused.

I should re earn my silver status this year as I have:

Economy class ABZ-SIN-LHR-SIN-ABZ 50 TP (booked via agency, all 4 legs BA)
Business class LHR-DOH-TNR-DOH-LHR 560 TP (1 leg BA LHR-DOH)

This would get me my 600 TP and 4 legs.

However still very confused as to the wording that 'some' agency bookings will not count. I shall be earning avios on all booking according to BAEC.

Would I best firing off an email to BA customer services to clarify or am I over worrying?

Anyone got experience over this 'agency bookings mught not count' thing?

Thanks,
FC
Old Feb 14, 2020, 4:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
What kind of "agency"? And what kind of booking? Usually flights booked through TAs, OTAs and corporate travel agencies are fine. Was the agency a consolidator or are the bookings agency discount tickets, industry discount tickets, or airline employee discount tickets? If not, I think you are "over worrying".

I don't think calling in ahead of time will serve any purpose as I don't think BAEC will provide their "blessing" of flights not yet flown.
Old Feb 14, 2020, 8:29 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
What kind of "agency"? And what kind of booking? Usually flights booked through TAs, OTAs and corporate travel agencies are fine. Was the agency a consolidator or are the bookings agency discount tickets, industry discount tickets, or airline employee discount tickets? If not, I think you are "over worrying".

I don't think calling in ahead of time will serve any purpose as I don't think BAEC will provide their "blessing" of flights not yet flown.
It was through 'carlton leisure' on skyscanner, so no industry discount or anything like that. Even the business class flights to Madasgascar were booked through ebookers.com. I very rarely book direct with an airline as the agencies are usually cheaper with the exception of LCC's.
Old Feb 15, 2020, 10:59 am

Programs: BA Gold, TP Gold, VS Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by flyingcrazy
Hello all,

Still a bit confused.

I should re earn my silver status this year as I have:

Economy class ABZ-SIN-LHR-SIN-ABZ 50 TP (booked via agency, all 4 legs BA)
Business class LHR-DOH-TNR-DOH-LHR 560 TP (1 leg BA LHR-DOH)

This would get me my 600 TP and 4 legs.

However still very confused as to the wording that 'some' agency bookings will not count. I shall be earning avios on all booking according to BAEC.

Would I best firing off an email to BA customer services to clarify or am I over worrying?

Anyone got experience over this 'agency bookings mught not count' thing?

Thanks,
FC
The exact wording is "Reward bookings and agency or industry discounted bookings are not eligible" - grammatically it's lacking, but the intent as I understand it here is to inform that agency[ discounted] or industry discounted fares, i.e. special fares for employees of IATA/ATOL registered travel agencies, and similar discounts available to 'aviation industry' entities are excluded from the set of eligible fares, not the larger constellation of fares available to the general public through online and High Street points of sale.
Old Feb 15, 2020, 11:31 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by southlondonphil
The exact wording is "Reward bookings and agency or industry discounted bookings are not eligible" - grammatically it's lacking, but the intent as I understand it here is to inform that agency[ [i]discounted] or industry discounted fares, i.e. special fares for employees of IATA/ATOL registered travel agencies, and similar discounts available to 'aviation industry' entities are excluded from the set of eligible fares, not the larger constellation of fares available to the general public through online and High Street points of sale.
Excellent, thanks for that clarification.
Old Feb 11, 2022, 2:13 pm

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Sorry for refreshing an older thread... and a bit of cross posting from a fare on AS in Premium Fares...

From the BA Forum Post 91 (2020 data)
Eligible flights include any ones which are BA operated or marketed. which makes sense based upon this data point from BA site
Eligible flights are defined as those flights marketed or operated by British Airways and those flights marketed and operated by Iberia.

But then in the T&Cs, Point 6 Recognition

Members must ensure they take at least 2 flights operated and marketed by British Airways during each Tier Point Collection Year in addition to obtaining either the required number of Tier Points or completing the required number of eligible flights. In order to achieve or retain Silver or Gold status Members must ensure they take at least four flights operated by British Airways during each Tier Point Collection Year in addition to obtaining the required number of Tier Points.

So do codeshares marketed by BA (lets say on AA metal) count or don't count towards the 4 flights?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.