Buy on Board & Y pax in CE toilets

Old Apr 25, 2017, 9:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
Buy on Board & Y pax in CE toilets

Done quite a few SH flights recently and noted that the BOB is seeming to take longer & longer as more punters get used to it. Unfortunately for those nice people in CE it means the rear toilets are blocked by the trolley for at least an hour (and often 90 mins) and the great unwashed "have" to use the front loos..

I guess Alex cant spin this as an enhancement.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 9:58 am
formerly southsidesilver

Programs: BA Gold, UA Silver, HH Diamond
I noticed this the other day. A321 CPH-LHR.

Once people started to need the bathroom about half way through the flight rows 7 could not go back as there was one cart blocking at rows 14-15 and then even further back another, so no one you could reach the two bathrooms at the back.

So the crew were letting people come forward to use the bathroom, which I can't blame them for as 200 people are going to need to pee at some point.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 10:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
"Our customers told us they want to pee everywhere ... "

Another unintended consequence, that sadly further diminishes the already-marginal CE experience.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 10:21 am

Cruz to start selling: http://www.incontinencechoice.co.uk/...ReqRoCS8bw_wcB
Old Apr 25, 2017, 10:47 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze
I was flying back today in Y. Waiting for the trolly near the last few rows in the back. The crew didn't seem in an particular rush to move and were focused on finishing the BoB service. Admittedly I only had to wait about 3-5 min before i could get past
Old Apr 25, 2017, 11:00 am

Programs: BA Gold, several other less interesting cards...
It happened a lot before but now it will be a fact of life.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 11:03 am

Programs: BA, TK, HHonours, Le Club, Best Western Rewards
I do wish people would not use derogatory terms for passengers travelling in Y.

Yes it is seriously annoying. I have seen J pax, join the queue that starts in the Y cabin. Doubt that Cruz is loosing any sleep over it.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 11:09 am
Suspended

Programs: BAEC, IHG, HH, AZ MilleMiglia, Amex Platinum
To be honest I've always seen on SH flights people in Y coming to the front toilet supposedly reserved for CE before the BoB even started... and only once in many flights I've seen cabin crew sending people back to the toilet reserved to economy. I was never a fan of the thing but never allowed myself into a DYKWIM kinda attitude during a flight (especially since I'm a Y customer more times than I'd like to be...)
I think now we just need to get used to it and on the long run this will only devalue CE product I guess...
Old Apr 25, 2017, 11:11 am

Originally Posted by Worcester
I do wish people would not use derogatory terms for passengers travelling in Y.
Punters? Just slang for customers is it not?
Old Apr 25, 2017, 11:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by 710 77345
Punters? Just slang for customers is it not?
I suspect it was the "great unwashed" that triggered the response.

As a recent Y pax, I assure you I was bathed and fragrant
Old Apr 25, 2017, 11:22 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Poor Alex Cruz gets blamed for everything. Economy passengers have been relieving themselves in the forward toilet for years.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 11:33 am

Programs: BA Silver
Is the front toilet being exclusive an advertised benefit of CE? Perhaps its in the private service operational manual that cabin crew are trained with, but I've not seen it documented.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 11:35 am

Programs: BA Blue
Originally Posted by HIDDY
Economy passengers have been relieving themselves in the forward toilet for years.
And sometimes they go to the forward toilet to pee too
Old Apr 25, 2017, 11:52 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold(twice), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by HIDDY
Poor Alex Cruz gets blamed for everything. Economy passengers have been relieving themselves in the forward toilet for years.
Well I haven't, ever. When I used to travel (weekly) always in CE, I rarely noticed Y pax using the forward facility despite always being in row 1, or maybe I thought it not worth looking for. Now that I won't pay for CE with reduced legroom, I haven't gone forward yet, I realise and accept it is intended for CE only. But on Band 4 flights with BoB taking up to 2 hours or more, and at my age, I may have to, really HAVE TO. But, due to the unecessarily offensive references to Y pax in this thread, I will of course demur gratefully to all as I pass. Not sure what I will do if I am sent back, but it may not be pleasant all round, stress can have an adverse effect on my self control. Get a life you DYKWIA's (not directly intended to you Hiddy as I don't think you normally show this trait).
Old Apr 25, 2017, 12:14 pm

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by 'andad
Well I haven't, ever. When I used to travel (weekly) always in CE, I rarely noticed Y pax using the forward facility despite always being in row 1, or maybe I thought it not worth looking for. Now that I won't pay for CE with reduced legroom, I haven't gone forward yet, I realise and accept it is intended for CE only. But on Band 4 flights with BoB taking up to 2 hours or more, and at my age, I may have to, really HAVE TO. But, due to the unecessarily offensive references to Y pax in this thread, I will of course demur gratefully to all as I pass. Not sure what I will do if I am sent back, but it may not be pleasant all round, stress can have an adverse effect on my self control. Get a life you DYKWIA's (not directly intended to you Hiddy as I don't think you normally show this trait).
And neither have I until flying Glasgow recently. Had anyone attempted to stop me it would have been the scene from meet the parents all over again!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.