Old Jul 30, 2018, 3:11 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Showers and spa reopened today
Gastrocnemius likes this.
Old Jul 31, 2018, 6:13 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by KARFA

CCR doesn’t have their own showers. The only ones are in the spa area in the GC, so if they are shut atm then that’s it and you are washing in the sink
I literally did wash in the sink in the disabled bathroom (as it has its own basin). Asked the lounge agent to locate a towel so I could do just that. Was looking forward to a shower after flying for 8.5hrs over two flights previous! They got me a towel, though, which was nice of them.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 3:38 pm

Programs: BA GGL, GfL, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, AllAccor Diamond, Marriott Ambassador Elite
Does anyone know what the latest plan is for the premium security slope? It’s been closed for a while now. I’d been told at some GGL do that it was reopening but the lady in the CCR now tells me that it is gone for good. How can BA spend so much money on the T7 refit and end up with a materially worse experience for premium passengers at the end of it all? Utter madness.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 5:07 am

Programs: BA GGL, GfL, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, AllAccor Diamond, Marriott Ambassador Elite
Apologies for the self bump but:

Does anyone know what the latest plan is for the premium security slope? It’s been closed for a while now. I’d been told at some GGL do that it was reopening but the lady in the CCR now tells me that it is gone for good. How can BA spend so much money on the T7 refit and end up with a materially worse experience for premium passengers at the end of it all? Utter madness.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 6:37 am

Programs: BAEC
I (like most) can only speculate but I heard that T7 is being demolished according to the Project Manager of this Terminal Refurb. Therefore, I suspect, the plans have changed somewhat as to how much is refurbed and spent. Digging up and/or levelling that ramp is probably quite a messy and expensive piece of the work and may just end up not being done at all as the demolition might start by 2020-1.

As for the current works, I was there a week ago and the terminal is looking a lot nicer than it was. The lick of paint, carpets, gate seating and lighting has definitely improved the building. I’m sure the new Galleries Lounge (or whatever the brand name for Lounges are now) when it opens will be an improvement too, if only temporary.

I imagine there’s a reluctance to throw too much money at building that won’t be there in a few years time.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 7:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Yes there are plans for there to be a mega terminal anchored on T5 building on the former T6 site and T7 to be paid for and managed by Jet Blue. T8 would remain separate. There will be a similar mega terminal based on T1 and T2 and using the site of T3 with a connection to T4. This terminal to be financed and managed by the LH/AF/Korean and JAL combo that currently operate T1.

IIRC the articles I've read about it the entire scheme would be completed by 2025 with BA moving into the new terminal sometime in 2022.

So yes it is likely that some of the things BA were going to do as part of their lease with the Port Authority won't be going ahead based on the short lifespan they would have.
rockflyertalk likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 7:56 am

Programs: BA Bronze
I am assuming there is no fast track security at all at the moment?
We checked in this morning, both of us have been given TSA Pre but no fast track on our mobile BP’s.
Its a real pain as security is a bit of a trek with MrD’s cabin bags.
As mentioned upthread - not exactly ‘premium’ for a route with plenty of status passengers.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 7:58 am

All plans for T7 refurbishment were drawn up in the full knowledge of when the bulldozers would be appearing.
rockflyertalk likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 7:59 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by missdimeaner
I am assuming there is no fast track security at all at the moment?
We checked in this morning, both of us have been given TSA Pre but no fast track on our mobile BP’s.
Its a real pain as security is a bit of a trek with MrD’s cabin bags.
As mentioned upthread - not exactly ‘premium’ for a route with plenty of status passengers.
yes there is. you go through the f check in area and take the corridor to the right which leads you in to fast track. this fast track lane is at the far left of the security area. i think there is a tsa-pre lane to the far right of teh security area so if you have tsa pre you may be better off heading over there.
missdimeaner likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 8:08 am

Programs: BA Bronze
Originally Posted by KARFA
yes there is. you go through the f check in area and take the corridor to the right which leads you in to fast track. this fast track lane is at the far left of the security area. i think there is a tsa-pre lane to the far right of teh security area so if you have tsa pre you may be better off heading over there.
Many thanks ! Will check out which one has less people/moves faster.
I will miss the slope - always great entertainment watching 4 wheeled cases sneak away from unsuspecting owners first thing in the morning.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 8:09 am

Programs: BA GGLfL
And in the evening peak it can be a 30 min queue!
Old Jan 7, 2019, 8:57 am

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
sorry if this was answered elsewhere but with T7 pre-check (havent been thru JFK since it started) -- i cannot find any place in my BA account to enter in my TSA pre-check number? thanks!
Old Jan 7, 2019, 9:03 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by VSLover
sorry if this was answered elsewhere but with T7 pre-check (havent been thru JFK since it started) -- i cannot find any place in my BA account to enter in my TSA pre-check number? thanks!
It should be on the booking itself, API section, not the BAEC profile.

TSA Precheck [BA participation]
Old Jan 7, 2019, 1:53 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
Yes there are plans for there to be a mega terminal anchored on T5 building on the former T6 site and T7 to be paid for and managed by Jet Blue. T8 would remain separate. There will be a similar mega terminal based on T1 and T2 and using the site of T3 with a connection to T4. This terminal to be financed and managed by the LH/AF/Korean and JAL combo that currently operate T1.

IIRC the articles I've read about it the entire scheme would be completed by 2025 with BA moving into the new terminal sometime in 2022.

So yes it is likely that some of the things BA were going to do as part of their lease with the Port Authority won't be going ahead based on the short lifespan they would have.
Reading this I’m not sure whether BA is likely moving to the new T5 complex, or the new T1 complex. I would have thought it would have made more sense for them to move to T8, although lack of space there?
Old Jan 7, 2019, 2:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Yes the issue is lack of space at T8.

From what I read in the New York Times when this was first announced BA will be in the new T5 mega terminal not the T1 anchored one based on the proximity of AA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.