Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JFK T7 Investment plans

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2017, 2:30 am

Programs: BA Bronze
Originally Posted by Nicksta
In MMB today, there is a message posted about the First check-in area being closed and temporarily relocated at JFK. The message continues on, stating that the new official check-in area will open this Autumn.

Has anyone been through there recently to advise on what the status is? I assume it will resemble the T5 Wing.
I passed through early on the 19th. First check in was definitely closed as was the slope with hoardings.
There were check ins for all classes of travel on the 'premium side' - interestingly one for WTP use (sans WT).
We stood in the queue and were called forward by one of the First check in agents then directed to security around the corner. There seemed to be two queues that the agents were directing passengers to follow, I'm assuming that it was priority/non priority.
There was quite a large hoarded off area near the lift to the lounge and one of the escalators was behind it meaning the options were lift or 'stairs' (static escalator).
The club lounge is exactly the same- no work there.
Hope this helps !
Old Sep 29, 2017, 5:49 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Indeed the idea is a First Wing feel, but I would reckon we are still several months off that opening up. Zone A is a bit of building site, there are some temporary desks nearer the windows, but it's still a check in area and since it's not a big Zone I'm sure you'll find the relevant check-in desk.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 6:24 am

Programs: Tufty Club (Gold), BAGA Gymnastics level 4, 440yds swimming certificate
According to a link in Manage my booking the new First Check-in area at JFK opens today? 5th October 2017 - Is that still true? or is it Fake News
Old Oct 5, 2017, 7:10 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by A P Yu
According to a link in Manage my booking the new First Check-in area at JFK opens today? 5th October 2017 - Is that still true? or is it Fake News
I would be amazed if that were the case as it still looked very much a building site this past Saturday. They were also only using the single security lane which meant the "fast track" queue reached all the way back to the WT check in area.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 8:42 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by A P Yu
I will be there on the 15th October and will report back.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 10:14 am

Programs: Mucci (Scirocco Sash), BAEC Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador
I may have missed this in the few pages of this thread, but I am guessing nothing specific has been mentioned in terms of lounge closures to facilitate the renovation? Flying back in F from JFK on 31st Dec, and would like to experience the Concorde Room, but sod’s law is that it will be closed then…
Old Oct 12, 2017, 8:54 am

Programs: BAEC
New F Check in now open.

I just discovered this on BA.com...(see attachment)

Has anyone passed through to see what its like in person? I'm intrigued!
Attached Images  
Old Oct 12, 2017, 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by rockflyertalk
I just discovered this on BA.com...(see attachment)

Has anyone passed through to see what its like in person? I'm intrigued!
I will post some pictures on Sunday.
Prospero and Tobias-UK like this.
Old Oct 12, 2017, 2:01 pm
Suspended

I still think in the long term, BA should move to the currently empty lot in T8 after building the unfinished part of T8 with AA and NYPA. And also move its JFK flights from T5 to T3 once the new Heathrow Central (still in planning and concept) is built. T7 is cute but resources are more efficient when combined and shared. And I think it is better for both BA and AA if all things in planning can be pushed forward while the environment is in their favour.
Old Oct 12, 2017, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by chongcao
I still think in the long term, BA should move to the currently empty lot in T8 after building the unfinished part of T8 with AA and NYPA. And also move its JFK flights from T5 to T3 once the new Heathrow Central (still in planning and concept) is built. T7 is cute but resources are more efficient when combined and shared. And I think it is better for both BA and AA if all things in planning can be pushed forward while the environment is in their favour.
I really don't see BA moving JFK flights to T3 simply due to the numbers of passengers connecting on and off the route and BA (and HAL) won't want hundreds of people (and luggage) a day doing the T5-T3 dance for basically no reason.
Old Oct 12, 2017, 3:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by chongcao
And also move its JFK flights from T5 to T3 once the new Heathrow Central (still in planning and concept) is built.
Heathrow Central as a concept died quite a while ago.

The current plan (ignoring a third runway and T6 for the time being) is to expand T2 over the former T1 site, eventually removing T3 altogether. But this is quite a way off once you add back in the current third runway plans.
Old Oct 12, 2017, 3:22 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by golfmad
Thanks and look forward to them!
Old Oct 15, 2017, 4:51 am

Originally Posted by golfmad
As promised here are some photos of the new First experience at JFK T7 prior to the day flight this morning.

As you'll see it looks vaguely similar to the First Wing at LHR although it's a little different.
Attached Images      
Old Oct 15, 2017, 5:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Semi-detached question. I (and my back!) like the low-level bag-drop arrangements, which I've encountered at LAX. But ... what happens to the bag[s] then? I like the confidence of seeing my tagged luggage on a conveyor belt, heading into 'the system', instead of just being sat behind a desk.
Old Oct 15, 2017, 5:07 am

The corridor from the check-in area towards the new priority security is a little stark and it's a little further to walk from the new priority security to the CCR but ahead of the flight I could do with the extra steps.
Attached Images   
Prospero and NoTiersForMe like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.