Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

he's not wrong [President of Ghana commenting about BA's Accra route]

he's not wrong [President of Ghana commenting about BA's Accra route]

Old May 24, 17, 6:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
It's not too far for the B767 but we no longer have the longhaul ones and the shorthaul one go next year.
Old May 24, 17, 9:29 am

Programs: BAEC GGL+CCR, HH D, QFF, EB
Originally Posted by philthegreek View Post

What I cannot understand is why, if the route is so popular for WT, they don't have two flights on certain days.
I'd imagine it would be a number of reasons not least is there sufficient demand for 2 flights and more significantly I would imagine there are more profitable routes that BA would prefer to use planes and runway slots on
Old May 24, 17, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

And id they moved to T5, they would complain that it cost more for taxis for London based passengers........

This seems to be a pattern. Witness the ongoing Ghana/Delta Airlines saga:

http://www.ghananewsagency.org/econo...-airlines-7717

Its not like when they have their own airline(s) flying these routes that their a/c are any better or their fares any cheaper.

If I were BA, I'd move the flight to LGW, just for the hell of it..............
Old May 24, 17, 11:10 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by hfly View Post
And id they moved to T5, they would complain that it cost more for taxis for London based passengers........

This seems to be a pattern. Witness the ongoing Ghana/Delta Airlines saga:

http://www.ghananewsagency.org/econo...-airlines-7717

Its not like when they have their own airline(s) flying these routes that their a/c are any better or their fares any cheaper.

If I were BA, I'd move the flight to LGW, just for the hell of it..............
Good Heavens! hfly, I actually agree with what you have to say. From what CIHY has to say it is not even true. A Head of State who worries about which Terminal BA leaves and collects its passengers should have his people deeply concerned how little he cares about them. I hope that Alex Cruz care less about such utter nonsense.
Old May 26, 17, 3:12 am

Programs: BAEC, LHM&M, and even a dusty KLFB!
Originally Posted by Diver Boy View Post
Originally Posted by philthegreek

What I cannot understand is why, if the route is so popular for WT, they don't have two flights on certain days.
I'd imagine it would be a number of reasons not least is there sufficient demand for 2 flights and more significantly I would imagine there are more profitable routes that BA would prefer to use planes and runway slots on
They did run a double daily 777 a couple of years ago when Virgin pulled off the route, but I guess they then figured that using a 747 instead of the 777 would be more efficient. Except they still haven't bothered to improve their handling, not realising that it can take a bit longer to unload a 747 than a 777, so you end up spending a LONG time in ACC waiting for your bags...

However, going back to a single daily has returned the invol upgrade ratio to my customary 75% of flights over the past 6 or 7 years

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE View Post
A Head of State who worries about which Terminal BA leaves and collects its passengers should have his people deeply concerned how little he cares about them.
You might be surprised just how high profile the quality and intricacies of air services are to politicians in various parts of the world. For several reasons - 1) populism, 2) if there isn't much competition, folks don't want to feel they're being exploited/treated badly, and 3) when they're negotiating for the rights in the first place, BA and everyone else trowels it on about how marvellous and competitive they are, so they should be challenged if they don't live up to that image!

Having said that, by far the most painful bits of that route are at the ACC end, so I don't think he's got too much to complain about - but then again, everyone on here moans about the unrefurbished 747's and T3 as well, so maybe it's just a sign that El Presidente is on flyertalk!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: