Why do BA partner with AMEX?

Old Sep 25, 2017, 5:56 pm

Programs: GGL
Originally Posted by Roger
Are you referring to the 2.99-don't-dare-call-it-3% currency surcharge on UK AmEx cards?

It most certainly does!
Originally Posted by yurtripper
The US AMEX charge cards don't have the FX surcharge; the UK ones do.
My apologies, I didn't realise the UK charge cards had a forex fee, not had one for a while, has this always been the case?
Old Sep 25, 2017, 9:21 pm

Programs: CAMRA GGL (Gold Card Holder/Lifetime membership)
Originally Posted by bot_beany
I'm sure this will have been mentioned before but its madness that BRITISH airways partner with a card that's hardly accepted in BRITAIN. Surely Visa or MC would make much more sense. I have no intention what so ever in getting their AMEX card as I had AMEX before and got tired of being told "we don't accept that".

Just seems so odd.
At least when I ring AMEX customer services its generally answered in Britain.

Whenever I call Barclays/Barclaycard its answered in India !!
Old Sep 25, 2017, 10:20 pm
Suspended

For what it's worth, here in Vegas (or Henderson I should say) a lot of places won't take the Amex. Mainly restaurants. Also had issues with other places such as the vet the other day.

A couple of weeks ago some friends came in from London so we went on a mad one down the strip. At the restaurant I was amazed when they said they don't take Amex. First time I had that experience on the strip.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 2:22 pm

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze
deleted

Last edited by ahmetdouas; Nov 10, 2017 at 11:36 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.