Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

A year later ..... [F catering issue SYD-SIN vv]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A year later ..... [F catering issue SYD-SIN vv]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2017, 3:00 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by JAXBA
True, if money is no object, or someone is mileage rich and availability is open. Otherwise, probably not a realistic solution... I know I wouldn't be able to rebook an F booking to another airline with only a few days notice, and I definitely wouldn't do it just because the meals looked poor. It'd mean I was pretty well locked in, not that I was accepting the standard of food.
I have to admit the worst F food (presentation and quantity is better than BA but most of it tasted much worse than most food I had on BA in F) I have ever had was every F sector on SQ so far.

If I were to choose an airline based on its meal quality, I'd be foregoing SQ Suite, but I don't, of course. I really like the Suite. It's lovely, spacious and has extra privacy.

Same applies to BA F. BA F catering is rather sub-par compared to most other carriers, to put it bluntly, but if BA is more convenient (whether that is schedule, routing or price) than others, then it's not as if I'd go elsewhere.

In other words the poor meals are something I'd put up with if there are other advantages. I still wish it improved a lot though (both on BA and SQ)!

Last edited by LTN Phobia; Apr 25, 2017 at 5:27 am
Old Apr 25, 2017, 5:15 am

Programs: BA Silver
Just having my lunch and that pic of the 'prawn' sandwich has put me right off...
Old Apr 25, 2017, 6:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Those pathetic sandwiches remind us both of the dismal, underfilled, not-very-fresh ones we encountered on our only BA F flight (LGW-UVF).

Saving a couple of pennies on catering = we CBA to fly BA, really. It's so sad.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 6:45 am
Suspended

Programs: *A G, OW S.
I find food from SYD as an outstation to be some of the best there is but then again I only fly there and back with Singapore Airlines.

Take your business elsewhere, if I was offered the food shown I certainly wouldn't be going back for second helpings.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 7:08 am

Programs: BAEC: BRONZE (Basic member: KLM, Emirates, United)
I don't understand why you would keep going back? Change carrier?

IMO BA F and CW and seriously subpar compared to other airlines. Ever been F on emirates or similar? Absolute leaps and bounds above BA. WIFI for a start!

Only the new WT+ on BA is a competitive product IMO. To be quite honest BA F is typically comparable to many other carriers business class. It's shocking.

Last edited by bot_beany; Apr 25, 2017 at 7:19 am
Old Apr 25, 2017, 7:33 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by Dover2Golf
I find food from SYD as an outstation to be some of the best there is but then again I only fly there and back with Singapore Airlines.

Take your business elsewhere, if I was offered the food shown I certainly wouldn't be going back for second helpings.
It shows just how opinions differ, LTNPhobia finds Singapore Airlines' food (taste wise) consistently inferior to BA's offering. See post #76
Old Apr 25, 2017, 8:42 am

Programs: BAEC: BRONZE (Basic member: KLM, Emirates, United)
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
It shows just how opinions differ, LTNPhobia finds Singapore Airlines' food (taste wise) consistently inferior to BA's offering. See post #76
This is singapore Buisness class. Superior to BA F !!
Old Apr 25, 2017, 8:43 am

Nice picture, but it has nothing to do with this thread!

(...and I have to say the model doesn't look very comfortably positioned!)
Old Apr 25, 2017, 12:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: plenty - ggl, ccr, etc, etc.
Originally Posted by beany_bot
This is singapore Buisness class. Superior to BA F !!
i cant help but notice how many more BA gold and even ggl gold bag tags I'm seeing on Star airlines this year.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 2:05 pm

Programs: Meh
Originally Posted by DFB_london
i cant help but notice how many more BA gold and even ggl gold bag tags I'm seeing on Star airlines this year.
I have been using emirates more this year and have noticed the same.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 2:12 pm

That could be read either way though...
Old Apr 26, 2017, 6:31 am
Suspended

Programs: *A G, OW S.
Star and Qatar too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.