Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Questionable music choices [JFK CCR lounge]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2017, 7:43 pm
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat

Sitting here in a lovely CCR in JFK, having had a satisfying supper and shower, can't fault them much, the staff is really nice and attentive.

Music is what bothers @Charlie26r, and I agree. Who chooses the music in JFK CCR (as far as I remember LHR one does not have music or it's so much in the background I don't notice)? Can we have a poll suggesting better music to BA, I would appreciate some jazz or classical, not this modern popular .... and depressing romantic hits.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 7:45 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL
Originally Posted by nufnuf77
Sitting here in a lovely CCR in JFK, having had a satisfying supper and shower, can't fault them much, the staff is really nice and attentive.

Music is what bothers @Charlie26r, and I agree. Who chooses the music in JFK CCR (as far as I remember LHR one does not have music or it's so much in the background I don't notice)? Can we have a poll suggesting better music to BA, I would appreciate some jazz or classical, not this modern pop and depressing romantic hits.
To say this evening's offering is a little depressing would be an understatement. Princess Beatrice is sat having dinner opposite us, perhaps I should guage her opinion, and also ask her if she's on FT
Old Apr 21, 2017, 8:19 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Music is what bothers @Charlie26r, and I agree. Who chooses the music in JFK CCR (as far as I remember LHR one does not have music or it's so much in the background I don't notice)? Can we have a poll suggesting better music to BA, I would appreciate some jazz or classical, not this modern popular .... and depressing romantic hits.
No win situation, nothing is best. If jazz is played I would just leave the room, you'll never please every one.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dougzz
No win situation, nothing is best. If jazz is played I would just leave the room, you'll never please every one.
Indeed. Jazz or classical would truly make it feel like an OAP's home.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 11:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Charlie26r
To say this evening's offering is a little depressing would be an understatement. Princess Beatrice is sat having dinner opposite us, perhaps I should guage her opinion, and also ask her if she's on FT
worst pick up line ever! I hope you found something better!!
Old Apr 22, 2017, 2:45 am

How did you know it wasn't Eugenie? They all look the same to me!
Old Apr 22, 2017, 2:54 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Get your hearing tested: music is played in CCR T5 as well as T7. One of the things I do is try to work out what's playing since it's too quiet to Shazam.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...orde-room.html
Old Apr 22, 2017, 3:34 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
are you sure it's not each other's company (plus the gazillion cocktails you two have consumed on this trip) that is leading to this feeling of depression? or heading home after the trip you've just had!

just don't start singing yourself - you know where that ends......
Old Apr 22, 2017, 3:43 am

Programs: BA BLUE BADGE
Originally Posted by umba815
How did you know it wasn't Eugenie? They all look the same to me!
Or was it the horse?

My preferred music would be The Jam.
Old Apr 22, 2017, 3:49 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Get your hearing tested: music is played in CCR T5 as well as T7. One of the things I do is try to work out what's playing since it's too quiet to Shazam.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...orde-room.html
You know, since I started that topic I still can't say I've noticed the music in the CCR T5 - thank goodness it's kept a level that doesn't attract my attention. I find it noticeable in the CCR JFK (especially if it is quiet in there) but rarely in CCR T5 ... and long may it continue that way!
Old Apr 22, 2017, 4:56 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold (current GGL), HH Diamond

I was there Thursday night and had the same impression...my initial thought was what elevator from hell did I they steal this playlist from?

Then I recognized that it skewed a bit more modern than I originally thought...and I wondered if perhaps someone was testing a playlist for some new future elevator technology that wouldn't be commercialized for another 20 years. Thankfully that musing took my mind off the music...or maybe it was the Brooklyn Lager that did that...in either case, I am grateful to have a mind that is so easily distracted.

My music tastes run quite diverse...and I will admit to frequently using Shazam to expand my own playlists (on a recent trip to Amsterdam, I made multiple trips back to the Troost brewpubs primarily to Shazam their eclectic playlists, braving intoxication to complete my musical espionage)...but in this case, I prefer not knowing. I'm afraid for this thread to continue as someone will undoubtedly come forward and publish the playlist details, despite my preference to remain blissfully ignorant. Potential leakers, be forewarned that the Otis Elevator company is notoriously litigious and extremely protective of its' trade secrets...so tread carefully...they are the only entity that Wikileaks is afraid of...and coincidentally they have an elevator to hell installed in the Ecuadorean embassy...but I digress.

Another flyer did pass by where I was seated and was happily humming along, so I guess there is an audience to which this music appeals.
Old Apr 22, 2017, 5:07 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
I was in the JFK CCR on Monday evening and the music must have been so 'background' that I did not hear it. I agree with the OP in that I found the staff very nice indeed. The very nice JFK CCR experience was enhanced on Monday by the lovely view of Manhattan in silhouette over a beautiful sunset. I think that, after controlling for music, the JFK CCR is nicer that the LHR CCR.
Old Apr 22, 2017, 5:24 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by drpabs
I was in the JFK CCR on Monday evening and the music must have been so 'background' that I did not hear it...
That's how it should be! ^
Old Apr 22, 2017, 5:43 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
That's how it should be! ^
agreed! I never notice it in T5.
i did notice music in ORD flagship and they were playing musical hits, so I started singing along to west side story and my fair lady.
btw Rona in JFK CCR was once again absolutely great and took wonderful care of us!
Old Apr 22, 2017, 7:34 am

Programs: Cunard WorldClub-Gold,Silverseas Venetian society,Alitalia Mille miglia,SPG,Fairmont,IHG.
I was onboard QM2 a few years ago, perusing the selection of books in the library- the background music was some sort of 1970s cheese cd...most notably, "Mouldy Old Dough" by Lt Pigeon....anyone remember that? I wondered who was responsible for the CD selection..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.