Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA American Express 2-4-1 Voucher Discussion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA American Express 2-4-1 Voucher Discussion

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2019, 4:32 am

Programs: BA, IHG, 5C
Originally Posted by Globaliser
SJO-LGW: £269.10
... which ties in with ba.com as it includes CR transportation tax of £109.50 (=5% on the £2190 D fare), and ba.com is coming up with the same £109.50. But it appears arbitrary, as in the India situation. If you force ITA to give you a J fare, the tax jumps by £95.
Steve in Olympia likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 2:01 pm

Hi everyone

First of all, thank you everyone who contributes and helps. For a while now, I have been reading this with interest, and finally it is my time to use one of my vouchers. However, try as I might, it is not letting me use it. The redeem button is not showing for either of them, nor if I try going through with a booking. I see a couple of others have had a similar issue in the past, but could not find what they did to resolve it. Any suggestions as to what I need to do?

Thanks in advance
Old Mar 21, 2019, 2:15 pm

Programs: BA Plastic. HH Diamond. Speedwell Bar Lifetime Platinum.
I've got a similar query regarding a Club redemption TFCs.
I've booked an open jaw INV-LHR-SIN/HKG-LHR-INV, with the return booked over the phone at midnight, and using the Japanese call centre, (although I was maybe through to India). I didn't have quite enough Avios to book and be vouchered back.

Using the breakdown on ITA (Thanks @Globaliser for the heads up), its showing as £506.80 for the TFCs on an J/I/I/J itinerary.
Now this ties in with the price for the already paid for outbound to Singapore £246.18, plus £260.62 which I was quoted over the phone for the return for the ones on the 2for1 voucher.
As there's 3 of us travelling the other person was detached from the original outbound booking, and his return TFCs were quoted as £288.62 for some reason. As it was 1am by the time this was going on, I wasn't going to argue, as it wasn't much of a difference, and was just glad to get the seats booked.
Now I'm showing on my Amex 3 transactions for £87.30, although I'm also showing a pending transaction of £1.00 so there may well be further charges.

Just trying to figure out exactly what is happening with the pricing.

The supplementary question is, how long will ticketing take to resolve the return, as I'm not showing a ticket number, although it's confirmed, for the 2for1 returns.
I'm presuming that's the reason it's only showing seat choice is only available at check in.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 8:31 am

Programs: qatar airways platinum
I suspect the answer is no, but, If the voucher is in my name, is it possible for 1/2 of the avios points to come out of my account and the other half out of the account of my companions account?
Old Mar 22, 2019, 8:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by celtic_warrior
I suspect the answer is no, but, If the voucher is in my name, is it possible for 1/2 of the avios points to come out of my account and the other half out of the account of my companions account?
If you and your companion live at the same address, then you can go some way towards this by forming a Household Account. However, even if you qualify to do that and you do it, the Avios would be unlikely to come out of your accounts in an exactly 50:50 ratio, because they are deducted from each account in proportion to the number of Avios in them. So this might not achieve quite what you want to do even if you could form a HHA.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 9:10 am

Programs: qatar airways platinum
If you and your companion live at the same address, then you can go some way towards this by forming a Household Account. However, even if you qualify to do that and you do it, the Avios would be unlikely to come out of your accounts in an exactly 50:50 ratio, because they are deducted from each account in proportion to the number of Avios in them. So this might not achieve quite what you want to do even if you could form a HHA.
Thanks, so technically it is possible.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 9:27 am

Programs: BA Gold
Just used my first 241 voucher to Dubai using the new Club Suite and back from Abu Dhabi because of availability.

Guessing it was quite good use of it as this is typically an expensive route.

110k air miles and the 241 voucher.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 9:35 am

This is where I moved a load from BA to Iberia, before others in the HHA made a redemption. I had 85% of the miles in the HHA.

Moving them back was via Avios.com once the redemption was made.

Can you move from Iberia to a HHA-linked BA account via Aer Club now the Avios.com route has gone?
Old Mar 22, 2019, 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by BlueThroughCrimp

This is where I moved a load from BA to Iberia, before others in the HHA made a redemption. I had 85% of the miles in the HHA.

Moving them back was via Avios.com once the redemption was made.

Can you move from Iberia to a HHA-linked BA account via Aer Club now the Avios.com route has gone?
Yes, you can.
BlueThroughCrimp likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2019, 4:47 am

Programs: BA Executive Club, UA Mileage Plus, bmi Diamond Club
Is there an easy way of working out what taxes and fees you should be paying on a 2 for 1 booking?

I want to book LHR-MEX and CUN-LGW as an open-jaw in J using a voucher. I've tried various ways to try to work out the taxes and fees but get a different number every time I do it!

I know I need to call to book it, but the cost of the fees etc. will determine if we look at other options or not.

Any help appreciated!
​​​
Old Mar 24, 2019, 4:08 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by saint_em
Is there an easy way of working out what taxes and fees you should be paying on a 2 for 1 booking?

I want to book LHR-MEX and CUN-LGW as an open-jaw in J using a voucher. I've tried various ways to try to work out the taxes and fees but get a different number every time I do it!

I know I need to call to book it, but the cost of the fees etc. will determine if we look at other options or not.

Any help appreciated!
​​​
just do a multicity revenue booking on ba.com and look at the taxes/fees/charges shown.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 2:57 am

Programs: BA Executive Club, UA Mileage Plus, bmi Diamond Club
Originally Posted by KARFA
just do a multicity revenue booking on ba.com and look at the taxes/fees/charges shown.
Thanks - I did try that but I wasn't sure if it was correct as it seemed a bit of a random number, though I don't know why that surprises me!

I'm getting £663.72 per person for the open jaw, £683.72 for a LHR-MEX return, and £631.82 for LGW-CUN. Given the cash flights would be £2k each a voucher feels like a good deal!
Old Mar 25, 2019, 3:30 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by saint_em
Thanks - I did try that but I wasn't sure if it was correct as it seemed a bit of a random number, though I don't know why that surprises me!

I'm getting £663.72 per person for the open jaw, £683.72 for a LHR-MEX return, and £631.82 for LGW-CUN. Given the cash flights would be £2k each a voucher feels like a good deal!
I have just looked on itamatrix and that £663 figure for an open jaw J LHR-MEX/CUN-LGW seems right,
saint_em likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 4:07 pm

Add regional flight

I have booked a 2 for 1 from edi Lhr hkg adding on line with fulll avios hkg lhr as soon as it was available. I then phoned to add the return to the 2 for 1 and add lhr edi and was advised the additional taxes would be almost £400! The alternative is to book separate flights but then we would have to collect luggage and check in at lhr. Is there another option? Thanks for any advice.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by tillyholly
I have booked a 2 for 1 from edi Lhr hkg adding on line with fulll avios hkg lhr as soon as it was available. I then phoned to add the return to the 2 for 1 and add lhr edi and was advised the additional taxes would be almost £400! The alternative is to book separate flights but then we would have to collect luggage and check in at lhr. Is there another option? Thanks for any advice.
Try calling again?
I’ve recently added an open jaw return from HKG to Inverness, and the difference between London and Inverness was ~£60.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.