Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA American Express 2-4-1 Voucher Discussion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA American Express 2-4-1 Voucher Discussion

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2018, 7:58 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Nandos
Originally Posted by tenn_ace

exactly what I was hoping for. Where are we going? ��
Wow - use of the voucher AND I get to decide where we're going? This sounds too good to be true

Last edited by TPRun; Dec 27, 2018 at 9:00 am
Old Dec 30, 2018, 2:16 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Just qualified for my first 241. Chuffed!

I want to use this with a return in First somewhere. Thinking JNB.

Are two First reward tickets hard to come by on this routing from your experience.

Cheers
Old Dec 30, 2018, 7:22 pm

Originally Posted by eugegall

Are two First reward tickets hard to come by on this routing from your experience.

Cheers
https://baredemptionfinder.com/
Old Jan 2, 2019, 7:01 am

Hi all!
I have a question
I've got a 241 voucher but my friend wants to use it for him and his wife and I don't mind giving it to them is there any possibility of giving it over to someone else say if I add them to my account or anything like that?
and if yes how much is a 241 worth in points since they wanna pay me back in points
thanks in advanced
Old Jan 2, 2019, 7:04 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by Palty
Hi all!
I have a question
I've got a 241 voucher but my friend wants to use it for him and his wife and I don't mind giving it to them is there any possibility of giving it over to someone else say if I add them to my account or anything like that?
and if yes how much is a 241 worth in points since they wanna pay me back in points
thanks in advanced
Afraid you cannot transfer the voucher at all.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 7:04 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Palty
Hi all!
I have a question
thanks in advanced
No that’s not possible. One of the rules of the voucher is that the voucher holder must travel on the booking. I can’t see there would be any way around this.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 7:08 am

Thanks guys
that's what I figured but just wanted to make sure
happy new year
Old Jan 5, 2019, 5:32 am

Bit of a straw poll advice please.

My wife and I both have BA Premium, I also have Amex Gold. I am BA gold and my wife and two children are silver.

Our spend is more than enough to trigger all bonuses.

However it's a little complicated right now
  1. My wife is not super mobile due to illness so we are unlikely to do much long haul together for a while, though this might change
  2. Due to 1. we have two companion vouchers, one expiring late August on my wife's account and one in October '20 on my account
  3. We have the possibility of completing the spend on a third companion voucher in February on my wife's card but due to a mixup we are 3k spend to go so would potentially need to buy a fully flex ticket or similar to push over spend (monthly spend is generally 2 - 2.5k per month)
Given the situation with my wife's health my goal is to accumulate as many avios as possible in the bank and amex rewards whilst retaining Gold via Business travel. I'd also potentially like to limit my personal travel spend over the next 18 months to fund something else.

Questions
  1. Would you downgrade my wife's BA Premium account to Blue?
  2. Is it worth the hassle of spending fully flex or similar to accumulate another voucher we may not to get to use on 1st class or J redemptions?
I appreciate this is all opinion based but would love to hear some thoughts.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 9:53 am

Programs: BA Blue, Marriott Plat Life, UA Silver (thx Marriott), IHG Gold, Accor Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by flyer200
Questions
  1. Would you downgrade my wife's BA Premium account to Blue?
  2. Is it worth the hassle of spending fully flex or similar to accumulate another voucher we may not to get to use on 1st class or J redemptions?
I appreciate this is all opinion based but would love to hear some thoughts.
My thoughts:

1 - Yes, you've got another voucher in any case which since it's premium lasts for 2 years.
2 - No, as you're not likely to use it from what you say.

I know that some people really don't like not using their vouchers, but I've often skipped (we tend to do long haul every 2 years for holidays). I just see the fee for the Amex as investment into next year's holiday.

I'd focus on your wife and whatever else you're looking at. Sounds like you've a nice stash of avios and another project to focus on in any case.

T
flyer200 likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 12:48 pm

Programs: BA, IHG, 5C
On the other hand I’d go for it, if you think it’s more than 50/50 you’d use the third voucher for a shorthaul trip. It would save you something between 9,000 and 40,000 avios. That’s a pretty good return on £3k of spend (+ the 1.5x normal avios) and £20 of annual fee. The fully flex thing is 10mins effort, or buy some supermarket vouchers.
flyer200 likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 1:49 am

Originally Posted by pauldb
On the other hand I’d go for it, if you think it’s more than 50/50 you’d use the third voucher for a shorthaul trip. It would save you something between 9,000 and 40,000 avios. That’s a pretty good return on £3k of spend (+ the 1.5x normal avios) and £20 of annual fee. The fully flex thing is 10mins effort, or buy some supermarket vouchers.
Thankyou. What’s the deal with supermarket vouchers. Can I go in store and buy 500 pounds of Waitrose vouchers or do I need to do it online?

apologies for the naivety of the question.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 5:22 am

Programs: IHG Platinum; Marriott Silver; Avis president's: Hertz President's
Originally Posted by eugegall

Cheers
I have found F there and J back usually no problem for JNB, but F both ways never comes up for me on or near dates we want.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 12:39 pm

Programs: BAEC - Silver, Virgin Flying Club, Delta Skymiles
We have multiple 2-4-1 vouchers in hand at the moment and are planning to use one to get to the Masters in April. ATL is/has been unavailable for months, but we are open to going in via IAH (with a US domestic turn into ATL) which has J and F availability on our planned dates. Can anyone advise on the aircraft quality - looks like a 772 and 747 most days, two flights a day. We actually haven't flown Club World before, and I want to make sure we don't waste the points on a dog of an aircraft. Alternatives would be ORD, BNA, or some open jaw itinerary.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 2:06 pm

Need some help guys - really just need the benefit of everyone's experience. I may not see the booking through, but it'll be useful to know for future redemptions.

I'd been playing about looking at a Club World/241 redemption from Edinburgh to Punta Cana, but I'm slightly confused about the taxes/charges that are included when you do it from Edinburgh vs cutting out the regional leg and just going from London.

The Avios needed stays the same, which is as I expected.

The taxes/charges from Gatwick are £572.74, but with Edinburgh added are £686.32. If I was the book the Edinburgh to Gatwick flight separately, then the taxes/charges are only £50.

Is that normal?
Old Jan 6, 2019, 3:49 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by sondra_finchley
We have multiple 2-4-1 vouchers in hand at the moment and are planning to use one to get to the Masters in April. ATL is/has been unavailable for months, but we are open to going in via IAH (with a US domestic turn into ATL) which has J and F availability on our planned dates. Can anyone advise on the aircraft quality - looks like a 772 and 747 most days, two flights a day. We actually haven't flown Club World before, and I want to make sure we don't waste the points on a dog of an aircraft. Alternatives would be ORD, BNA, or some open jaw itinerary.
If it’s your first time in club world you’ll enjoy it irrespective of what aircraft it is.

For information, I booked outbound to Atlanta the weekend before the Masters (in August) but Nashville going back to the UK. Availability wasn’t that great when I booked due to the Masters demand. You’ll be very lucky to get something at this stage. We’ve managed to secure tickets for the practice day on the Tuesday (have two spares due to a call off). We considered changing our booking when direct flights to Charlotte opened up but availability dried up very quickly,

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.