Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA American Express 2-4-1 Voucher Discussion

BA American Express 2-4-1 Voucher Discussion

Old Nov 15, 2018, 4:17 pm

Programs: BAEC: Silver. Nothing else as TopCashBack trumps all hotel programs
I just got my voucher through. But it's only valid for 1 year?? This is on the premium plus card.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 1:25 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by cupsandsaucers
I just got my voucher through. But it's only valid for 1 year?? This is on the premium plus card.
Definitely looks wrong . I would chase with Amex first but they may put you on to BA.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 1:32 am

Anyone any idea why I am only given 12 months on my voucher? Should I call BA or AMEX?
Old Nov 16, 2018, 1:34 am
Suspended

Anyone any idea why I am only given 12 months on my voucher? Should I call BA or AMEX?
Your companion voucher validity will be shown in your BAEC account as 2 years.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 1:38 am

Originally Posted by drakepassage

Your companion voucher validity will be shown in your BAEC account as 2 years.
It's not. Look two posts up

EDIT: Called Amex and they said they "sent" a 2 year voucher to BA but BA have only posted a 1 year voucher. So will take some time to fix.
aidy likes this.

Last edited by cupsandsaucers; Nov 16, 2018 at 2:06 am
Old Nov 16, 2018, 2:17 am

Programs: BA Gold, several other less interesting cards...
Another question!

I'm looking to add a return SYD-LHR. I have two options. First is the BA 16 which should be no problem. The other is the BA16 SYD-SIN and then the BA12 SIN-LHR. Can I book the BA 16/12 combo as the return on a 241 voucher or does the return have to be on the BA16?
Old Nov 16, 2018, 2:34 am

Programs: BA, IHG, 5C
Originally Posted by srbrenna
Another question!

I'm looking to add a return SYD-LHR. I have two options. First is the BA 16 which should be no problem. The other is the BA16 SYD-SIN and then the BA12 SIN-LHR. Can I book the BA 16/12 combo as the return on a 241 voucher or does the return have to be on the BA16?
You can do it (or indeed, in theory, have a stopover too). But it does cost more avios than the direct option, and I think you'll have to book it by phone as I believe the website is a bit crude about what short connections it will allow you.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 2:52 am

Thank you!

Does the stopover run to more Avios too? I’ll have to call up anyway to add the return so that’s not a problem.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 3:09 am

Programs: BA, IHG, 5C
The direct flight is 150k peak, whereas if it's booked as two flights (straight-through or stopover) it will be 60k+105k. Offpeak 125k or 87.5k+50k.

If you are trying to do this with a stopover close to T-355, bear in mind you probably can't add SYD-SIN on it's release, and then add SIN-LON a few days later, i.e. I don't think they'll let you have a booking LON-SYD-SIN even temporarily, and if you did it might not be changeable again to LON-SYD-SIN-LON. So you either chance it by waiting until your SIN-LON date opens up (and for reference a few SYD-SINs are available now, post-release, for Nov19), or you book a straight-through SYD-SIN-LON on release and then hope to move the date of the SIN-LON leg a few days later (for Ł35).

One more thing! I'm not sure BA actually release 2J SYD-SIN every day (I presume they would say that 2J SYD-LON on BA16 meets their obligation). But as above they do seem to be releasing at least some in Nov19.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 3:53 am

Programs: BA, Hilton
It's not. Look two posts up

EDIT: Called Amex and they said they "sent" a 2 year voucher to BA but BA have only posted a 1 year voucher. So will take some time to fix.
I wonder if its a mess up if you upgraded from the classic card, which only has 12 months. But as I understand it, upgrading that way is fine and you should get 24 months.

Hopefully won't take long to sort - as you've discovered the 12 month voucher is much less useful for some destinations as you have to book them 355 days out.

​​​​​​
cupsandsaucers likes this.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 2:02 am

Still having issues with this. BA saying AMEX are at fault, AMEX saying BA are not posting the correct voucher.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 5:20 pm

Originally Posted by pauldb
The direct flight is 150k peak, whereas if it's booked as two flights (straight-through or stopover) it will be 60k+105k. Offpeak 125k or 87.5k+50k.

If you are trying to do this with a stopover close to T-355, bear in mind you probably can't add SYD-SIN on it's release, and then add SIN-LON a few days later, i.e. I don't think they'll let you have a booking LON-SYD-SIN even temporarily, and if you did it might not be changeable again to LON-SYD-SIN-LON. So you either chance it by waiting until your SIN-LON date opens up (and for reference a few SYD-SINs are available now, post-release, for Nov19), or you book a straight-through SYD-SIN-LON on release and then hope to move the date of the SIN-LON leg a few days later (for Ł35).

One more thing! I'm not sure BA actually release 2J SYD-SIN every day (I presume they would say that 2J SYD-LON on BA16 meets their obligation). But as above they do seem to be releasing at least some in Nov19.
Thank you for your help - just to update.

I called and got the 2 J SYD-LON at midnight when they were released. I wanted to make sure I'd get back to London (although I haven't bagged any TYO-SYD ones yet!). I'll sort out any stopovers later.
^
Old Nov 25, 2018, 5:39 am

Book online or phone

I am looking to book an open jaw mixed class return flight. Can this be done online or just via phone? The open jaw meets the distance requirements.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 8:46 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Jerseylily2
I am looking to book an open jaw mixed class return flight. Can this be done online or just via phone? The open jaw meets the distance requirements.
you cant do open jaw rewards online unfortunately so you would have to call to book.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 10:24 am

Thanks Karfa. Just waiting for the voucher to appear and will get straight on it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.