Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA American Express 2-4-1 Voucher Discussion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA American Express 2-4-1 Voucher Discussion

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2018, 11:00 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond
Hi Guys, thank you it's very much appreciated, I'll book then.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 12:17 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, *A Gold
Originally Posted by WorldClub

Thanks KARFA, lesson learned the hard way I guess. I’m going to try to get it extended, it never hurts to try, otherwise I’ll have to wait for a new one to come in.
Just as another data point, BA extended my voucher with 6 months, happy me!
chrismk, argonath and memesweeper like this.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 9:12 am

Programs: BA Gold, several other less interesting cards...
Hi All

I'm looking to book a 241 outbound leg and add the return in the next few weeks. I note that the outbound taxes are about £750 whereas the taxes for the whole booking are about £1,100. When I book the return will I just be charged the difference in taxes?

Cheers
Old Nov 7, 2018, 9:18 am

Programs: BA, IHG, 5C
Originally Posted by srbrenna
Hi All

I'm looking to book a 241 outbound leg and add the return in the next few weeks. I note that the outbound taxes are about £750 whereas the taxes for the whole booking are about £1,100. When I book the return will I just be charged the difference in taxes?

Cheers
Yes, in principle the inbound taxes will be the small half as you've paid UK APD/taxes on the outbound and your destination's departure taxes will typically be lower on the inbound.

Note you now have a choice of how to book the inbound. You can call and add it and you should end up with the £1100 total. However you can now also book the inbound standalone online, for full 2x avios, then call and have it "vouchered" prompting the return of half the avios. However this route leaves you with 2 oneway bookings and the inbound ticket will be priced with the destination country's level of carrier surcharge (same as if you price a oneway XXX-LON online), not the UK's carrier surcharge. Whether this is a good idea depends where you go: the US has much higher YQ so the total will be more; most of the Far East has lower YQ so it's a good idea. Sorry for the complicated answer!
Old Nov 9, 2018, 12:26 am

Programs: BA Gold, several other less interesting cards...
Thank you!

i have booked the outbound and eagerly await the return upon which I shall report back!
Old Nov 9, 2018, 1:42 am

Programs: BAEC: Silver. Nothing else as TopCashBack trumps all hotel programs
If (when) I upgrade my blue card to the black card, how do I pay the £190? Do I just pay it at that time? lump sum? How does that work
Old Nov 9, 2018, 2:16 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by cupsandsaucers
If (when) I upgrade my blue card to the black card, how do I pay the £190? Do I just pay it at that time? lump sum? How does that work
It just gets added to your outstanding card balance.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 2:23 am

Originally Posted by fruitcage

It just gets added to your outstanding card balance.
Ok so just a lump sum then I guess (if you want to pay in full every month)
Old Nov 10, 2018, 9:56 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Shangri-La Jade, Accor Pleb
Is it permitted, providing both flew on the outward journey (including the cardholder/person that paid out the avios), that only one person flies back?
Old Nov 10, 2018, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by xerosum
Is it permitted, providing both flew on the outward journey (including the cardholder/person that paid out the avios), that only one person flies back?
In this situation, according to the rules the person who flies back must be the card holder / voucher holder.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 5:18 am

I need to book a Sydney Club ticket using a 241 in a few weeks time. The night when my flights release on a Saturday night (i.e. midnight on a Sunday). from what I can see is that the USA call centre is closed at the weekend. What is the best number to call on a Saturday night to get this booked?
Old Nov 12, 2018, 5:41 am

Programs: BA Blue
You can book the outbound online.
You can also book the inbound online - you will end up with 2 single bookings but you need to check if this is the best cost option for Australia taxes wise.

If the inbound online option isn't financially advantageous it can be booked by ringing New York say at around 23.45.
You will probably speak to an Indian Call Centre who, based on my recent experience, will be familiar with your request and will be happy to wait until 00.00 for the seats to be released.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 3:22 am

ERight, probably the simplest of questions but where can I actually see/find my 2/4/1 voucher? Im scoured BA and AMEX accounts for 30 mins now and can't see it.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 3:28 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by cupsandsaucers
ERight, probably the simplest of questions but where can I actually see/find my 2/4/1 voucher? Im scoured BA and AMEX accounts for 30 mins now and can't see it.
It will appear in your "my eVouchers" table on your BAEC homepage. That section doesn't show until you have at least one voucher to display.

Also selectable when using the reward booking screen.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 3:29 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
It will appear in your "my eVouchers" table on your BAEC homepage. That section doesn't show until you have at least one voucher to display.

Also selectable when using the reward booking screen.
Hmm cant see evouchers anywhere.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.