Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA American Express 2-4-1 Voucher Discussion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA American Express 2-4-1 Voucher Discussion

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2018, 11:30 am

Programs: BA GGL - maybe only briefly!
Not sure about the protocol of editing the wiki, but this bit appears to be out of date, as the 'tool' mentioned is no longer available. Instead, you need to go to the contact us link under 'executive club' and select the appropriate country from the drop-down.

Q: As redemption seats are released at midnight GMT, what is the best way to secure them? There is no guarantee they will be available when the BA office opens in the morning!
A: A common practice on the forum is to use this tool and call a BA office that is open at midnight GMT. You will then be able to make the booking without waiting for your local office to open. Depending on timezone, Japan, Hong Kong and even the USA are frequently contacted for this purpose.
Old Jun 22, 2018, 3:18 am

Got my first class return !

just thought I’d post an update after only being able to secure a business class flight home from Hong Kong next year ( when I called Japan Sunday night ) .
got an email alert from BAredemption finder yesterday eve - so I phoned uk BA immediately and managed to get first class albeit 2 days later than planned ! And on the second flight out of HKG ( the 777 not the A380 ) ... but still ... mission accomplished! Thanks to all the help you peeps have given me x
KARFA likes this.
Old Jun 22, 2018, 4:47 am

Programs: BA Bronze SPG
We've just redeemed our 241 voucher from INV-LHR-HKG-LHR-INV. We booked at T-355 for outbound in J and again at T-355 for inbound on F. We phoned the London office at 6pm on T-355 having seen the F tickets were available so got them no bother. BA held the tickets for us as we had to phone in the following day to get the domestic portion added. Couldn't believe how easy and straightforward it was, no need for phoning HK or Japan at 1am.

Anyway my question is this. We paid for our seats with an Amex Preferred Rewards Gold as we needed to trigger the Ł2k spend for 22k avios. The voucher was earned on the BAPP. We are about to cancel the BAPP and downgrade it to a Blue/Free. The Amex PRG will be cancelled at the end of the year (Apr 19) before we get to fly out (May 19)

Our booking schedule has now come in and it states 'the payment card holder is travelling, you must bring the card used to pay for this booking to the airport with you, for verification, before you can travel.'

Given that cancelling the BAPP is rather common once the Ł10k send has been triggered for the voucher - has anyone ever been asked for the original payment card at the airport when travelling on Redemption bookings. This has just got me thinking - I also booked Redemption flights on CX and QF through BA.com on that BAPP - is it likely to be problematic???

Thanks in advance.
Old Jun 22, 2018, 4:52 am

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Gold Amb.
Originally Posted by FEMW
has anyone ever been asked for the original payment card at the airport when travelling on Redemption bookings.
We were not asked for it when we went to LAX on a 241 in May.
Old Jun 22, 2018, 4:56 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by FEMW
....has anyone ever been asked for the original payment card at the airport when travelling on Redemption bookings. This has just got me thinking - I also booked Redemption flights on CX and QF through BA.com on that BAPP - is it likely to be problematic???

Thanks in advance.
No I haven't but I guess it's always possible. I do always carry the payment card with me to the airport even if it has subsequently been cancelled.
Old Jun 22, 2018, 5:02 am

Programs: BA Bronze SPG
Originally Posted by fruitcage
No I haven't but I guess it's always possible. I do always carry the payment card with me to the airport even if it has subsequently been cancelled.
That's a good point. I'll ensure we keep hold of them for that purpose.

Thanks Fruit Cage!
Old Jun 26, 2018, 8:55 am

Programs: BA Gold. EI GoldCircle
I finally took the plunge and got myself a BA AMEX.

I am close triggering my Ł10k spend and now I am thinking of my 2-4-1. I have 400k of Avios so can pretty much go anywhere.

I am based sed up north and Dublin so my question is can I start in Dublin to avoid the ADP charge? I have searched but cannot find the answer. I know this is possible for jersey and I think Belfast.

I know that Dublin is not in the UK but have a feeling there is/was some loophole about it.

Thanks in advance
Old Jun 26, 2018, 9:03 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by HarryBA

I am close triggering my Ł10k spend and now I am thinking of my 2-4-1. I have 400k of Avios so can pretty much go anywhere.

I am based sed up north and Dublin so my question is can I start in Dublin to avoid the ADP charge? I have searched but cannot find the answer. I know this is possible for jersey and I think Belfast.

I know that Dublin is not in the UK but have a feeling there is/was some loophole about it.

Thanks in advance
Don't think you can start in DUB as not UK or Jersey. No loophole that I'm aware of but would be interested if you find one!
Old Jun 26, 2018, 9:08 am

Programs: BA, IHG, 5C
Originally Posted by HarryBA

Thanks in advance
No DUB is rejected online as not being UK (but yes JER gets through the net illegitimately). INV has an APD exemption if you're really far north.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 9:14 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
For a UK issued 2-4-1 it has to start and finish in the UK or Jersey (Jersey is not in the UK but is included for some reason). In order to avoid APD you need to start in JER or INV - you don't have to return there so can just return to LON or some other UK airport if you wish.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by KARFA
For a UK issued 2-4-1 it has to start and finish in the UK or Jersey (Jersey is not in the UK but is included for some reason).
Does IOM work? (I haven't got a 2-4-1 at the moment so I can't test it.)
Old Jun 26, 2018, 9:39 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Globaliser
Does IOM work? (I haven't got a 2-4-1 at the moment so I can't test it.)
It does! Just tried it as I have a 2-4-1. Priced up a J return from IOM to JFK. It doesn't seem to be zero APD though from IOM according to the figures on ba.com so I guess no advantage starting there unless it is your local airport.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 10:37 am

Programs: BA Gold. EI GoldCircle
Thanks for the replies

i am based in the Liverpool/Manchester area and I don’t think the OH would go to INV for a trip. In fairness she does put up with the EXEU and some other FT carry on.

JER is possible due to the frequency of flights from Liverpool so I will investigate when the time comes. The LGW-LHR doesn’t appeal to me so I would need to plan that in with a 24Hrs stopover.

I’ve done this before to get around the Saturday night stay when going to LAS. fly MAN or EX-EU (DUB) -LHR on the Saturday evening stay in Sofitel then have a leisurely morning then walk over to T5 arrive in Vegas on Sunday evening with a room rate of $100-120 a night where it can be $4-500 on the Saturday.

Now to think of where to go
Old Jun 27, 2018, 4:21 am

Programs: BA Gold
Looking for some help please!

Family of 5, 2 in F on a 2-4-1 and 3 in J paid in cash. Is it possible for me (the 2-4-1 holder) to swap with a family member in J once we board? I know we could swap if all on cash tickets etc, but unsure if the 2-4-1 makes a difference?
Old Jul 4, 2018, 4:49 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCH, SK Gold, Marriott Platinum Premier/Platinum Lifetime, Hilton Diamond
Using companion voucher with connection to/from Europe

I have been a lurker on this forum for a long time, and would like to thank everyone contributing to this forum - excellent source of information!

I am looking to book a flight from GOT to SYD using a combination of a 2-4-1 voucher (UK issued) and GGL redemption to open availability in F. Will it be possible to add the GOT-LHR flights under the same PNR, so that the GGL redemption would be applied to the whole itinerary, while the 2-4-1 is only applied to LHR-SYD flights?

That failing does anyone have any experience with regards to whether the check-in agents generally allow you to check your bags through in the event I have to book the GOT-LHR flights separately. Just wanted to understand what to expect in terms of the transfer experience at LHR, particularly as my partner is a non-EU passport holder (no UK visa).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.