Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA American Express 2-4-1 Voucher Discussion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA American Express 2-4-1 Voucher Discussion

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2018, 7:02 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Dselvan
Hi omk298
Many thanks for that. I assume the numbers are the ones for customer services for Japan on ba.com? What time is best to ring Japan? Didn't know that I could book the outbound online using the voucher.
Many thanks.
Yep - check the wiki:
Q: Can I book my outbound flight at 355 days and call back to add the return booking?
A: Yes, but you will need to call BA. Once availability shows, you can call to add the return leg – the BA policy is to waive the Ł35 change fee per passenger if the return was beyond the booking window when you booked the outbound, i.e. that you booked your outbound leg when seats became available at T-355.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 12:57 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ringingup

I didn’t have any problems calling the US line!
Hi ringingup
Many thanks for that. What time did you ring the US line?
Old Feb 6, 2018, 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by FeedbirdNiner
Yep - check the wiki:
Q: Can I book my outbound flight at 355 days and call back to add the return booking?
A: Yes, but you will need to call BA. Once availability shows, you can call to add the return leg – the BA policy is to waive the Ł35 change fee per passenger if the return was beyond the booking window when you booked the outbound, i.e. that you booked your outbound leg when seats became available at T-355.
Thank you FeedbirdNiner.
I will do this for the outbound leg when it becomes available. I assume it is straight forward to do on the website? Thanks for all the advice.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 1:04 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold

Hi ringingup
Many thanks for that. What time did you ring the US line?
i think it was something like 11:40 pm.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/29326588-post532.html
Old Feb 9, 2018, 10:32 am

Programs: BA Gold, Priority Club Gold, Accor Silver, Virgin Australia Gold
Possibly reinventing the wheel here but as already using vouchers this year for long haul to SA in first and when looking at others realising going ex EU costs less is there any euro routes that people think are "good value" for a 2 for 1. Yes I know it will be on a 319/20/21etc but we only want to to spend about 28,000 Avios and 100 pound or so. As been to most euro cities just wondering if any Italian destinations from dreaded Gatwick are worthy? Will be only a quick weekend,possibly September. Grateful for some ideas...
Old Feb 9, 2018, 1:54 pm

Programs: BA GGL; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by nivsy
Possibly reinventing the wheel here but as already using vouchers this year for long haul to SA in first and when looking at others realising going ex EU costs less is there any euro routes that people think are "good value" for a 2 for 1. Yes I know it will be on a 319/20/21etc but we only want to to spend about 28,000 Avios and 100 pound or so. As been to most euro cities just wondering if any Italian destinations from dreaded Gatwick are worthy? Will be only a quick weekend,possibly September. Grateful for some ideas...
Fly to NAP and go to Positano. My favourite place on earth! If you do decide to go, DM me and I’ll give you a list of things to do, places to eat etc.
nivsy likes this.
Old Feb 11, 2018, 2:20 pm

Programs: BAEC Blue/Bronze, Krisflyer, Qantas
Not sure if anyone has tried this, but can I use the 2-4-1 to book BA metal for the first leg, but also book a connecting flight with an Avios partner on the same booking (obviously not expecting to get a discount on the connecting leg)? I'd assume i'd have to call?

An example would be BA metal from LHR-LAX (2-4-1 voucher), connecting in LAX for an AA flight from LAX-HNL (also using Avios, no 2-4-1 discount, but using BAEC availability).

I should add, I know i can book them separately but it would be good if it's possible to have them on the same booking, so i'm looked after if i miss the connection.

Last edited by email2markt; Feb 11, 2018 at 2:30 pm Reason: additional info
Old Feb 11, 2018, 2:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Had to book a open jaw and was charged a Ł40 (4 of us) booking charge. Is that correct? I can't book this type of ticket online so shouldn't they waive it?
Old Feb 11, 2018, 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by email2markt
Not sure if anyone has tried this, but can I use the 2-4-1 to book BA metal for the first leg, but also book a connecting flight with an Avios partner on the same booking (obviously not expecting to get a discount on the connecting leg)? I'd assume i'd have to call?

An example would be BA metal from LHR-LAX (2-4-1 voucher), connecting in LAX for an AA flight from LAX-HNL (also using Avios, no 2-4-1 discount, but using BAEC availability).

I should add, I know i can book them separately but it would be good if it's possible to have them on the same booking, so i'm looked after if i miss the connection.
I'm afraid you can't to that using the companion voucher.
Old Feb 11, 2018, 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by onlysuites
Had to book a open jaw and was charged a Ł40 (4 of us) booking charge. Is that correct? I can't book this type of ticket online so shouldn't they waive it?
The rule is that the charge is not due is something you should be able to do online does not work, for example because a website problem.

The fee is due for things that you cannot do online. However, in my experience, they tend to waive it if you ask.
onlysuites likes this.
Old Feb 11, 2018, 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by email2markt

Unfortunately not. Also with BA no interlining of bags either.
Old Feb 17, 2018, 11:20 am

I have managed to book the outbound online using the vouchers. As per ringingupand FeedbirdNiner, I was going to ring USA or Japan customer services at midnight UK time to book the return in about a month when it becomes available. When I contacted BA customer services today in the UK, the agent told me that it is best to book the return with full avios at midnight online and then ring UK customer services next day when they open and they will apply the voucher to the booking and refund one passenger's full avios back. Apparently they do this since they have had lots of UK customers complaining about the midnight release of redemption seats and nothing available next day by the time you ring the agents. Obviously this is easy enough for me to do online and no lengthy costly phone calls required but I was not aware that this is an option and don't want to miss out on the seats since I have a very narrow return dates due to work commitments.
Anybody had any experience with this way of booking?
Any help is much appreciated.
Old Feb 17, 2018, 11:47 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
I have managed to book the outbound online using the vouchers. As per ringingupand FeedbirdNiner, I was going to ring USA or Japan customer services at midnight UK time to book the return in about a month when it becomes available. When I contacted BA customer services today in the UK, the agent told me that it is best to book the return with full avios at midnight online and then ring UK customer services next day when they open and they will apply the voucher to the booking and refund one passenger's full avios back. Apparently they do this since they have had lots of UK customers complaining about the midnight release of redemption seats and nothing available next day by the time you ring the agents. Obviously this is easy enough for me to do online and no lengthy costly phone calls required but I was not aware that this is an option and don't want to miss out on the seats since I have a very narrow return dates due to work commitments.
I would not do this. Just stick to the calling US/JP at midnight at 355 days to book the outbound, and then again a few days later when your inbound is released.
Old Feb 17, 2018, 12:03 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, UA Mileage Plus, Hotels.com Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Pizza Express Gold
Based on my experience in November that is how it's now working. I was surprised, but it all seems to have worked. (for an open jaw as well)
Old Feb 17, 2018, 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by KARFA
I would not do this. Just stick to the calling US/JP at midnight at 355 days to book the outbound, and then again a few days later when your inbound is released.
Thanks KARFA
I was only asking since the agent said this is what they recommend since they have had lots of complaints from UK customers. I just didn't want to book it online and then for them to say they can't apply the voucher next day and we lose the seats.
So back to original plan of calling US or Japan.
Have already booked the outbound online and just waiting for the inbound to be released.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.