Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA American Express 2-4-1 Voucher Discussion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA American Express 2-4-1 Voucher Discussion

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2017, 4:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Thank you for the replies. Last question and I am sure the answer is in this thread somewhere but would appreciate a quick reply. Two seats have opened up on the route that I want on the date that I want. Can I grab those two with voucher 1 and then book the other two seats if and when they open on the next voucher that I earn in a few weeks?
Old Dec 15, 2017, 5:56 am

Programs: BA, IHG, 5C
Originally Posted by onlysuites
Thank you for the replies. Last question and I am sure the answer is in this thread somewhere but would appreciate a quick reply. Two seats have opened up on the route that I want on the date that I want. Can I grab those two with voucher 1 and then book the other two seats if and when they open on the next voucher that I earn in a few weeks?
Are both vouchers in the same name, your name - i.e. you want to do a 4-4-2? I think you would normally have to make the double booking in one go to use that special feature. Otherwise BAEC will expect you to be personally on the first 241 booking and on the second which of course won't achieve your 4 person booking. They may be willing to work around this to later rework the booking, to achieve the same legitimate end, but you'll have to ask them or hope an FTer has managed this.
If the Cardmember has two valid Companion Vouchers on their account they have the option to redeem both of them together for one flight booking allowing the Cardmember to travel with 3 companions and pay the Avios flight price for only 2 people travelling on the booking.
onlysuites likes this.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 10:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pauldb
Are both vouchers in the same name, your name - i.e. you want to do a 4-4-2? I think you would normally have to make the double booking in one go to use that special feature. Otherwise BAEC will expect you to be personally on the first 241 booking and on the second which of course won't achieve your 4 person booking. They may be willing to work around this to later rework the booking, to achieve the same legitimate end, but you'll have to ask them or hope an FTer has managed this.
Yeah both are on my name. Any more experiences on this?
Old Dec 17, 2017, 5:30 pm

Programs: BA Exec Gold , Qatar Priviledge Club Plat
Having a utter nightmare trying to get my companion voucher added to my account. Amex said everything is okay on their side and have given me the voucher number along with saying it is a BA issue that it has not shown up , I have emailed BAEC along with a phone call to check up on what is going on - no progress thou. As mentioned Amex have given me the voucher number and the agent i spoke to today said some folk have had luck booking with just the voucher number ? Is this true , i highly doubt it , but does anyone know ?

Day 30 now , and no companion voucher with only 2 seats left ! grrrr
Old Dec 18, 2017, 5:59 am

Programs: British Airways - Gold member
I'm in a very similar position. My companion voucher triggered almost 6 weeks ago and still hasn't appeared on my account despite several phone calls and e-mails to BA. Amex are clear that the issue lies with BA, and they have done all they can. I can get no information from BA on a) why the problem has occurred b) when this will be resolved.
Given the time critical nature of being able to book reward flights in a timely fashion, this unexpected delay has been rather frustrating. If anyone else has experiences of how this is rectified, this would be gratefully received.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by JoshE
I'm in a very similar position. My companion voucher triggered almost 6 weeks ago and still hasn't appeared on my account despite several phone calls and e-mails to BA. Amex are clear that the issue lies with BA, and they have done all they can. I can get no information from BA on a) why the problem has occurred b) when this will be resolved.
Given the time critical nature of being able to book reward flights in a timely fashion, this unexpected delay has been rather frustrating. If anyone else has experiences of how this is rectified, this would be gratefully received.
Incredibly annoying , I am 100% sure it is a BA issue. I have spoken to Amex and they said if it was their issue the voucher would of never been sent to BA nor accepted by BA and given a voucher number from BA side , the Amex agent i spoke to was a guru in this area of knowledge as i could tell 100% he knew what he was talking about and this definitely confirms that it lies with BA to sort it out now. The annoying thing is BA have yet to truly reply with an update or any form of explanation to my original email and two follow up emails along with an email yesterday to Customer Relations as i wished to complain about the whole thing - all those emails had backlogged incident references and internal refs on BA side included. I called BA two days ago with an internal incident ref to check up and the agent said , it was being followed up and will take 7 days. I am now stuck in the cycle of "we have forward you email to BAEC contact centre for further review and they will reply soon " or " we are looking into it and will take 7days max and get back to you" ....lies.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 12:51 pm

Programs: BA
I have an open jaw 241 booking LHR-SIN and back HKG-LHR but I may need to change the booking to a one way HKG-LHR and cancel the outbound. Is this possible or does the booking need to be from the UK (where I’m based), and also will the lower surcharges apply?
Old Dec 18, 2017, 12:59 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by heronb
I have an open jaw 241 booking LHR-SIN and back HKG-LHR but I may need to change the booking to a one way HKG-LHR and cancel the outbound. Is this possible or does the booking need to be from the UK (where I’m based), and also will the lower surcharges apply?
a UK issued 2-4-1 voucher has to be for a trip starting and finishing in the UK (or Jersey). However, on the upside, exHKG reward bookings have very low taxes/fees/charges.
Old Dec 22, 2017, 10:02 am

BA Companion Voicher

Hi All,

I have recently acquired a BA Companion Voucher 2-4-1

I am looking to use it end of June early July, just wondering if anyone can help in regards to what places in the Caribbean I can fly to from Manchester.

I would like to use it for an all inclusive summer holiday, I ended up wasting my last one by flying to Europe for a weekend break and obviously the Business class wasn’t that great.

I only currently have 60,000 air miles.

If anyone can help with regards to this and the best places I can use to search it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your help.
Old Dec 22, 2017, 11:44 am

Programs: BA Blue
I've used the 2-4-1 a few times in the past for TATLs, always booking my outbound as soon as available and adding my inbound at the earliest opportunity. Currently I'm sitting on an outbound to TPA next November and the desired inbound (TPA, MCO MIA or FLL) will shortly open up. My issue is that we are originating from GLA so I need the inbound connection from LON to GLA (or EDI) the day after. This means that, if I wish to book the inbound all at once, then I need to wait an extra day after the TATL becomes available, to include the domestic connection.

In the past waiting the extra day has not proved a problem but I've been following availability on a rolling basis to my intended return date and availability isn't spectacular - I'm looking to travel in J. In view of this I'm thinking of grabbing the return TATL as soon as, and then adding the domestic connection the following day, when availability opens. I know there won't be a charge for adding the TATL. Would there be an amendment fee for adding the domestic connection the following day?
Old Dec 22, 2017, 12:43 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Avis President
No doubt been asked before...extending voucher beyond 2 years...??

Possible or not...??

BA say no...Amex say no...so no...??

Can flights been booked after 2 years expired or does outbound have to take place before 2 years up..??

Thanks...Chris
Old Dec 22, 2017, 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by Chris_G
Possible or not...??

BA say no...Amex say no...so no...??

Can flights been booked after 2 years expired or does outbound have to take place before 2 years up..??

Thanks...Chris
The outbound portion must occur prior to expiration of the voucher.
Old Dec 23, 2017, 6:08 am

Originally Posted by JoshE
My one has just shown up in my account, thank god !

Follow these steps to get it sorted...( When waiting after 7+ days)

1) Call American Express to check that you BA FFN is still linked to your Amex account and that there is no issues on their side , then while on the phone confirm that both your BAEC stored residential address along with name matches what they have on file . If Amex says all good then ask for the voucher number and note this somewhere.
2) Send an email to the executive club including the voucher number and tell them American Express has said there is no issue on their side and it is a BAEC issue , so that you have an incident number handy for following up on progress if needed.
3) Then once a reply is received via the email, call BA, make sure you get through to the executive club in the UK. Forget it if you get through to Indian team - as sadly they are no help. Once through to the UK based BA Exec club team let them know what is going on and ask for someone to check on it , suppliyng your incident ref also helps ,the agent i dealt with submitted a internal form that he told me it will be dealt with as a matter of priority.

3 days later ... sorted !
Old Dec 25, 2017, 12:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I hit my target last week in the morning and got a email from BA at 11pm same day. Logged in at 1130pm and it was there.
Old Dec 27, 2017, 8:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Lenny80
I have recently acquired a BA Companion Voucher 2-4-1

I am looking to use it end of June early July, just wondering if anyone can help in regards to what places in the Caribbean I can fly to from Manchester.

I would like to use it for an all inclusive summer holiday, I ended up wasting my last one by flying to Europe for a weekend break and obviously the Business class wasn’t that great.

I only currently have 60,000 air miles.
You can only use a 2-4-1 for a full award redemption for flights only, so you will not be able to make an all-inclusive holiday out of this without adding to the flight-only booking.

Having only 60,000 Avios will also limit you in where you can go if you are looking to fly in Club/business class. If you have a look at the first chart in this post - https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/27691531-post3.html - you will see that you're limited to zone 5, which will not get you to the Caribbean. If you bump your balance up to 62,500, you would be able to get an off-peak flight to the next zone, but you will then be limited to off-peak travel dates; it's not clear whether "end of June early July" refers to your intended travel dates or your intended booking dates. You'd also have to be alive to potential difficulties with availability.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.