Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA American Express 2-4-1 Voucher Discussion

BA American Express 2-4-1 Voucher Discussion

Old Jul 26, 2017, 8:29 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by mastutio
I have a redemption booking for next month for four people using two Amex 241 vouchers which expire in August 2017 and August 2018 respectively.

I now intend to cancel this booking as we can no longer go.

However my Amex 241 for this year has triggered already (expires July 2019).

I know I cant have 3 vouchers on my account and I assume one of the three things will happen

The exp Aug 2017 voucher will disappear (no problem)
The exp Aug 2018 voucher will disappear (this would be a problem)
The exp Jul 2019 voucher will disappear (possibly to reappear when the exp Aug 2017 voucher expires?)

Should I worry? Do I need to do anything or just cancel the booking and see what happens?
Why can't you have three 2-4-1 vouchers on your account? There is a condition that a maximum of 2 vouchers can be redeemed at any one time, but I can't see a limit on how many you can actually have.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 8:40 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
Why can't you have three 2-4-1 vouchers on your account? There is a condition that a maximum of 2 vouchers can be redeemed at any one time, but I can't see a limit on how many you can actually have.
Good point. An assumption on my part!

T&C say 'Only one Companion Voucher can be earned in any 12 month period.'

I seem to have broken this rule having earned one in August 17 and another in July 18.

However this is regardless of whether I cancel the current booking or not.

I think I will just cancel and see what happens. Thanks
Old Jul 26, 2017, 9:28 am

You were spot on KARFA. Now have three vouchers sitting in my account.
Old Aug 1, 2017, 6:11 am

Programs: BAEC, LH M&M
I have snagged two seats LHR - SYD on a 2-4-1 for next July, and will be returning hopefully via HKG. Based on the requirements for open jaw on this thread, I think I should be okay:

From the Great Circle Mapper:

LHR - SYD 10,574 miles
SYD - HKG 4,581 miles
HKG - LHR 5,995 miles

So my open jaw distance is less than the other two legs. Is my logic sound?

Also, as I am likely to be phoning Japan at T-355 for the HKG - LHR flights, is this policy written down somewhere in T&Cs, or is just something that all agents know?
Old Aug 1, 2017, 9:26 am

Originally Posted by Cambus
I have snagged two seats LHR - SYD on a 2-4-1 for next July, and will be returning hopefully via HKG. Based on the requirements for open jaw on this thread, I think I should be okay:

From the Great Circle Mapper:

LHR - SYD 10,574 miles
SYD - HKG 4,581 miles
HKG - LHR 5,995 miles

So my open jaw distance is less than the other two legs. Is my logic sound?

Also, as I am likely to be phoning Japan at T-355 for the HKG - LHR flights, is this policy written down somewhere in T&Cs, or is just something that all agents know?
Yes this is fine.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 5:16 am

Programs: AA EXP, 1MM
Hi all, I have a trip LHR-SIN ticketed in J on BA using avios and a 2-4-1. On arrival in SIN, I want to go straight on to Penang. I can book this cheaply in Y with MH. Ideally, I would prefer to be in J and be on a single booking through from LHR, so I don't have to collect bags in SIN and am protected in case of delays. This would enable me to book on an earlier flight out of SIN. There isn't a way to add to the MH flights on to the existing booking is there? Thanks
Old Aug 3, 2017, 5:28 am

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
Originally Posted by jlsw7
Hi all, I have a trip LHR-SIN ticketed in J on BA using avios and a 2-4-1. On arrival in SIN, I want to go straight on to Penang. I can book this cheaply in Y with MH. Ideally, I would prefer to be in J and be on a single booking through from LHR, so I don't have to collect bags in SIN and am protected in case of delays. This would enable me to book on an earlier flight out of SIN. There isn't a way to add to the MH flights on to the existing booking is there? Thanks
You cant add it to your booking but I have done the same trip and as long as you leave a few hours between its very simple. The J MH are normally cheap enough to book and if you do get a delay there is normally another flight you can purchase in Y for next to nothing too..

I love penang, I love the E&O - enjoy
Old Aug 3, 2017, 5:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by jlsw7
BA won't interline your baggage at check in - even with another OW carrier. SIN is a very efficient airport, and you should be able to get bags and re-check them reasonably swiftly.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 5:15 pm

Programs: BA Exec Gold , Qatar Priviledge Club Plat
Just having a look on my wife's BAEC account , she has a companion voucher as shown in the picture. However i am having trouble finding anywhere to redeem it, is this just a case of calling BA up and giving them the voucher number ? In addition she is set to get another one very soon , when she does have two will it just be a case of giving both voucher numbers and then the agent will just input it so we as family of 4 can travel together ?

Companion vouchers aren't not my forte
Attached Images  
Old Aug 8, 2017, 6:35 pm

Originally Posted by mastutio
Good point. An assumption on my part!

T&C say 'Only one Companion Voucher can be earned in any 12 month period.'

I seem to have broken this rule having earned one in August 17 and another in July 18.

However this is regardless of whether I cancel the current booking or not.

I think I will just cancel and see what happens. Thanks
If you look at yout statement it will show you what your 12 month period is normally the anniversary of your join date. So if you just get a voucher just before your 12 month period expires you could earn another one the following month if you are in your next 12 month period and reach the spend target which gets reset at the end of each 12 month period.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 11:30 pm

Originally Posted by Flame3601
Just having a look on my wife's BAEC account , she has a companion voucher as shown in the picture. However i am having trouble finding anywhere to redeem it, is this just a case of calling BA up and giving them the voucher number ? In addition she is set to get another one very soon , when she does have two will it just be a case of giving both voucher numbers and then the agent will just input it so we as family of 4 can travel together ?

There should be a "Redeem" button in the far-right column of your voucher line. If not, click on "More voucher information" and you will see a redeem button. It can be redeemed on line, no need to call.

Yes to your second question.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 12:01 am

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)

If you go to her home EC page and look at the flight booking panel on the left hand side of the page ( the one where it lets you select whether you want to book with avios or cash), once you select avios, a radio button with an option to book using a voucher appears, and if you choose it, further radio buttons enable you to choose between the available vouchers.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 12:50 am

As well as the suggestions already noted, when you go in the find reward flights screen and under the "Book with avios" tab you should see your voucher listed for selection.

Old Aug 9, 2017, 12:40 pm

Programs: BA Exec Gold , Qatar Priviledge Club Plat
Originally Posted by Steve in Olympia
There should be a "Redeem" button in the far-right column of your voucher line. If not, click on "More voucher information" and you will see a redeem button. It can be redeemed on line, no need to call.

Yes to your second question.
Originally Posted by Frequentflyer99
If you go to her home EC page and look at the flight booking panel on the left hand side of the page ( the one where it lets you select whether you want to book with avios or cash), once you select avios, a radio button with an option to book using a voucher appears, and if you choose it, further radio buttons enable you to choose between the available vouchers.
As well as the suggestions already noted, when you go in the find reward flights screen and under the "Book with avios" tab you should see your voucher listed for selection.

Thank you all for your help , it seems none of these options are of use to solving the issue at hand. Maybe a call to BA might help

Last edited by Flame3601; Aug 9, 2017 at 12:46 pm
Old Aug 9, 2017, 12:52 pm

Thank you all for your help , it seems none of these options are of use to solving the issue at hand. Maybe a call to BA might help
Have you tried a different browser? It seems very odd that you have a valid voucher showing but none of the functionality to redeem it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.