Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA American Express 2-4-1 Voucher Discussion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA American Express 2-4-1 Voucher Discussion

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2017, 4:34 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by nufnuf77
Is there any leniency in extending the 2-4-1 by 6 or even 3 months? Would really help me take family for xmas away, as my current one expires beginning of December.(bad planning on my part!)
I've had a 241 extended, but this was in special circumstances (our daughter needed an operation which meant we had to postpone our holiday). The BA Helper on here at the time was brilliant and extended it for around 6 months.

This was 5 years ago though, and BA was a different company back then.
Old May 30, 2017, 4:38 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by nufnuf77
Is there any leniency in extending the 2-4-1 by 6 or even 3 months? Would really help me take family for xmas away, as my current one expires beginning of December.(bad planning on my part!)
Fortunately as GGL the answer is "probably". They extended mine by 3 months last year in very similar circumstances. Drop the GGL line an email and see what they say, but it was a fairly simple process when I did it.

They will obviously tell you this all comes down to Amex and no guarantees, etc.
Old Jun 6, 2017, 5:00 am

Fantastic discussion and some really helpful advice. I have a question though regarding availability.

Currently we have F booked outbound and J booked for the return on a 2-4-1 next year to JNB. I'm trying to get F on the return sector however for the date we are due back there is no availability in F. Is there any pattern as to when F may become available? We are due to return of on a Saturday night, all other Saturday nights in that month have availability in F, however the night we are trying to return there is no F available. By me constantly checking is this alerting BA there is demand for this date? We booked both the outbound and return at the -355 limits and checked the return at 2359 GMT. There was no availability in F when the seats were released for the return leg.

I have been pretty regimental in checking everyday. Im aware that BA will only issue 2 J and 4 Y seats per flight, when do cabins currently unavailable get released (I am aware there is no guarantee of F opening up), is it at Midnight GMT or can it happen any time during the day?

I have an ExpertFlyer alert setup as well, however I expect I will have to keep checking daily on the off chance F opens up.

Thanks for all your help in getting this far..

AB
Old Jun 11, 2017, 10:14 am

Amex should step up

Amex should step up and put pressure on BA to honour redemptions in class.
I have honeymoon booked on 2-4-1 and if we are downgraded I will cancel Amex cards and not fly BA as loyalty does not get you anywhere!
Remember the BAPP cost £195.

If it wasn't for BA's near Monoply at LHR it would be struggling.
Old Jun 11, 2017, 10:54 am

How long is the gap between hitting the £10k to getting the voucher posted to me BAEC account?

I hit the spend on Thursday, transaction was pending till yesterday (Saturday).

Is there any chance it'll post tomorrow and I'd be able to take advantage of the £100 off £500 that expires tomorrow midnight?
Old Jun 11, 2017, 11:49 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by Smanc
I have honeymoon booked on 2-4-1 and if we are downgraded I will cancel Amex cards and not fly BA as loyalty does not get you anywhere!

That seems like quite an over-reaction and a lot of fear to something very unlikely to happen.
Also, you would most likely end up in J, which, according to those who tried it, is not the end of the world
Old Jun 11, 2017, 12:28 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Smanc

You are probably more likely to be involved in a car crash on the way to the airport than you are to be downgraded

There is no reason to believe BA are systematically downgrading 2-4-1 bookings.
Old Jun 12, 2017, 7:15 am

Programs: BA Silver, ZSL Silver
Quick question and apologies if this has been answered elsewhere but I'm on the mobile site so can't easily search.

Can you change redemption band on the return leg if availability comes up? I know the outbound can't change but if say I book ORD-LHR on the return and I find MIA-LHR later, can that change be made?
Old Jun 12, 2017, 7:18 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by gustavmahler
Quick question and apologies if this has been answered elsewhere but I'm on the mobile site so can't easily search.

Can you change redemption band on the return leg if availability comes up? I know the outbound can't change but if say I book ORD-LHR on the return and I find MIA-LHR later, can that change be made?
You can only change if the old and new flights are within the same avios band.
Old Jun 12, 2017, 7:19 am

Programs: BA Silver, ZSL Silver
Ok, great. I think there was something from DFW so will look at that. Thanks, KARFA.
Old Jun 12, 2017, 2:37 pm

Programs: Mucci des canapes, Skywards Gold, BAEC, IC Plat Amb, LH FTV
Thanks for this comprehensive thread. I have tried a search but not seen anything that exactly fits with my question.

I have a 2-4-1 booked for myself and a friend travelling to JNB. My friend has a serious illness which was known before booking and it is possible that this may prevent travel. In the event that in the end she is unable to travel I am aware that I am not able to transfer her ticket to my daughter without cancelling the whole booking and taking the chance that both seats go back into the redemption pool (very unlikely I fear).

I would still want to travel on my own in any event (it is too close to cancel the safari trip and I would not be able to get my costs back on travel insurance although she probably would). Am I able to cancel her seat in advance but keep mine - no return of companion voucher but charges returned? Alternatively are both my outbound and inbound flights safe if she simply fails to show for the outbound flight?

Hopefully it will all be fine but advice on the best way to proceed if not would be very welcome. Thanks.
Old Jun 12, 2017, 3:16 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by shadowline
How long is the gap between hitting the £10k to getting the voucher posted to me BAEC account?

I hit the spend on Thursday, transaction was pending till yesterday (Saturday).

Is there any chance it'll post tomorrow and I'd be able to take advantage of the £100 off £500 that expires tomorrow midnight?
not sure. It isn't long, but you won't get the £100 off £500, because that was for 7,000 cards only or something and that was full a while ago
Old Jun 13, 2017, 6:17 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, MH Platinum, SPG Plat75
Am hoping that someone can help me.
I am GGL and have 2 jokers to use in addition 2 x GUF2.
I have a friend who is Gold and has 2 x Amex241.

Effectively we want to travel as a group of 4 using my Joker to open availability, both my GUF2 and both my friends Amex241. Is this possible. is it easier if we become a household account?

Any help advise would be gratefully received. Many Thanks
Old Jun 13, 2017, 8:02 am

Programs: BAEC GGL
Originally Posted by Brookhouse
Am hoping that someone can help me.
I am GGL and have 2 jokers to use in addition 2 x GUF2.
I have a friend who is Gold and has 2 x Amex241.

Effectively we want to travel as a group of 4 using my Joker to open availability, both my GUF2 and both my friends Amex241. Is this possible. is it easier if we become a household account?

Any help advise would be gratefully received. Many Thanks
I believe it's not possible as the GUF2 and AMEX241 belong to separate accounts, I tried to use both my GUF2 and my wife's AMEX241 on a single booking recently (both travelling and in a household account) and was told it wasn't possible...
Old Jun 13, 2017, 12:43 pm

Programs: F
Originally Posted by pomkiwi
Thanks for this comprehensive thread. I have tried a search but not seen anything that exactly fits with my question.

I have a 2-4-1 booked for myself and a friend travelling to JNB. My friend has a serious illness which was known before booking and it is possible that this may prevent travel. In the event that in the end she is unable to travel I am aware that I am not able to transfer her ticket to my daughter without cancelling the whole booking and taking the chance that both seats go back into the redemption pool (very unlikely I fear).

I would still want to travel on my own in any event (it is too close to cancel the safari trip and I would not be able to get my costs back on travel insurance although she probably would). Am I able to cancel her seat in advance but keep mine - no return of companion voucher but charges returned? Alternatively are both my outbound and inbound flights safe if she simply fails to show for the outbound flight?

Hopefully it will all be fine but advice on the best way to proceed if not would be very welcome. Thanks.
You should be able to cancel her seat and travel alone, and get her taxes refunded. I even think you will get the voucher back.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.