Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA American Express 2-4-1 Voucher Discussion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA American Express 2-4-1 Voucher Discussion

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2018, 3:11 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Delta Plat
I had to cancel an existing 241 booking and the same agent also rebooked me. The agent seemed to do the new booking quite manually and it was an open jaw. Something isn't quite right with the booking, but its in my favour. Payment has been taken and I have e-ticket numbers. Is this enough to mean my booking is safe?
Old Dec 14, 2018, 12:43 pm

Programs: BAEC
We have a 2-4-1 booking in F next October LHR-YYZ.

We chose this route mainly due to the F availability.

It is looking like BA may start to phase out F on this route for this time of year, and change to 3 class planes. As such there would be a chance of being downgraded to CW.

We would probably rather fly somewhere else in F if this is the case.

Am I correct in assuming if BA downgrade us to CW, we would be able to cancel the tickets, and get a full refund?

Are there any circumstances where we could insist of being changed onto another flight to a different nearby location (For eg Chicago) that has a F service?
Old Dec 14, 2018, 12:57 pm

Worth splashing on the 50% extra avios and 2x 241s?

I currently have 2x 241s and 165k avios and I need to get 2 adults and 2 kids to Singapore next year in October.
I am half considering buying the extra 185k odd avios in the current 50% extra promo to get enough for 4 of us to go in ba club world but am still baulking at the thought of splashing that much on avios. It will make the total cost about 4.3k which isn't bad for four people direct from London and there is availabity at present.

However I am conscious January sales are coming and I'm happy to do a positioning flight to get an ex EU bargin but not sure if it would work out much if any cheaper.

Any thoughts from the gurus on here?

cheers
Old Dec 14, 2018, 1:56 pm

Programs: BA, IHG, 5C
Clearly you’re getting better value from the first 241 and the existing avios, less so from the rest. Would you split up: 1ad and 1ch do an ex-EU and the others use the first 241 with the avios you already have. if both vouchers are in your name, it would have to be your OH doing the ex-EU. To add to the “better value” they’d earn some avios for using with the second voucher, if it’s realistic for you to use it within its validity.

Alternative have a look at any sneaky one-way options back from SIN, and use the avios/vouchers oneway x4?
Old Dec 23, 2018, 3:11 pm

Hi all.

I often read the thread but haven't contributed a lot to date, although that will change!

In the last little while, I've been able to build up a nice pot of 220,000 Avios and a 2-4-1 voucher. The next bit of the puzzle is working out what to use it for.

Having done some basic research, I was keen to look at going all out on a First redemption on the newer 787-9 8 seat layout. Clearly somewhere like the Seychelles would be fantastic, but I'm not certain that BA open up First redemptions on that route?

Assuming they don't, is there an 'easy' way of knowing which routes do have reward seat availability in First?

Both BA's and other sites checkers seem to be defunct for Seychelles.

Thanks in advance all, and I look forward to adding more to the thread.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 3:46 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by Alan Shave
Hi all.

I often read the thread but haven't contributed a lot to date, although that will change!

In the last little while, I've been able to build up a nice pot of 220,000 Avios and a 2-4-1 voucher. The next bit of the puzzle is working out what to use it for.

Having done some basic research, I was keen to look at going all out on a First redemption on the newer 787-9 8 seat layout. Clearly somewhere like the Seychelles would be fantastic, but I'm not certain that BA open up First redemptions on that route?

Assuming they don't, is there an 'easy' way of knowing which routes do have reward seat availability in First?

Both BA's and other sites checkers seem to be defunct for Seychelles.

Thanks in advance all, and I look forward to adding more to the thread.
baredemptionfinder.com and the BA app will help you check which routes have first redemptions available. SEZ is a blind spot for these general search systems so you have to use the app or BA.com to try to make a booking in order to find availability.

Good luck- it’s a beautiful place and definitely worth venturing off Mahé.

Old Dec 26, 2018, 2:28 am

Hi all
i haven’t been able to find an answer to this on the internet and this thread (at least within the search terms used!). Hope someone can help.

My spouse and I have a companion voucher each. We are in the same HhA. Does anyone know if it is possible to apply both into a single booking for 4 pax? Also, when I call to make the booking, will BA insist on being able to speak to my spouse as one of the voucher holders, or will they be able to sort both out given we are all in the same HhA? (Normally not an issue but given the plan is to call at midnight..)

thanks in advance.
Old Dec 26, 2018, 4:14 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by asy949
Hi all
i haven’t been able to find an answer to this on the internet and this thread (at least within the search terms used!). Hope someone can help.

My spouse and I have a companion voucher each. We are in the same HhA. Does anyone know if it is possible to apply both into a single booking for 4 pax? Also, when I call to make the booking, will BA insist on being able to speak to my spouse as one of the voucher holders, or will they be able to sort both out given we are all in the same HhA? (Normally not an issue but given the plan is to call at midnight..)

thanks in advance.
Hi
We did a similar thing and they wanted to speak to both of us. If availability is there for 4 redemption seats, then you can use the voucher any way you want. The card you are paying with for the taxes can be either of you. Hope that helps.
Old Dec 26, 2018, 4:19 am

Originally Posted by Dselvan
Hi
We did a similar thing and they wanted to speak to both of us. If availability is there for 4 redemption seats, then you can use the voucher any way you want. The card you are paying with for the taxes can be either of you. Hope that helps.
very helpful! Many thanks.
Old Dec 26, 2018, 6:26 am

Originally Posted by Dselvan
Hi
They won't need to speak to your spouse if you have made a third party nominee at ba.com.
Old Dec 26, 2018, 9:53 am

It is possible, if you’ve upgraded from the Free to Premium card, to have dates several months apart for your card year and the annual fee renewal date. This leads to a question:

If one triggers the £10,000 spend between the beginning of the card year, and the annual fee being charged, one presumably gets a second voucher - and could, in theory, downgrade the card before being charged?

An example: if one signed up for the free card in autumn, say 1st Sept, and upgraded to Premium the following summer (say 1st June), before triggering the 2-4-1 prior to the anniversary of signing up (i.e. by 31st Aug) - that gives you 2-4-1 #1. Then spend another £10,000 after 1st Sept, but before 31st May the following year to give you 2-4-1 #2. As long as you downgraded the card prior to being charged the next year’s fee on 1st June, you’d have 2 x 2-4-1 vouchers but have only paid one fee.

Is this correct?
Old Dec 26, 2018, 12:17 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR
I just wanted to share my experience of using the 2-4-1 voucher for the first time; I'd heard all the tales of being able to book the outbound flight then desperately trying to get an inbound flight to match and was quite worried it would be so difficult I'd end up not using it.

I was planning on taking my sister to Hong Kong and Singapore next year for her X0th birthday (can't tell you how old she is, she'd kill me!) using the AMS-BKK fare and a GUF2 but I left it too late and the rules changed, making it much more expensive. I don't know if it's because I'm booking 8 months ahead or we were a bit flexible on dates or I just got lucky but I checked the BA reward fight finder, found dates with both J and A availability and rang the Gold line. The girl in the call centre couldn't have been more helpful and although the whole process took about an hour I ended up with 2 LBA-LHR-SIN//HKG-LHR-LBA tickets in First for 195k Avios and taxes. She even tried to book SIN-HKG RFS seats for me, but sadly there was no availability on the dates I need.

Perhaps I was just lucky but the whole experience was far less stressful than I thought it would be - the only downside is I won't get the TPs but, on the other hand, the taxes were half of the cost of the original tickets I planned to buy so I'm sure I can make the TPs up somewhere else!
jonkx and grantsteve like this.

Last edited by Tiffywren; Dec 26, 2018 at 12:18 pm Reason: typo
Old Dec 26, 2018, 5:21 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold; Le Club Accorhotels Plat; Marriott Gold
All right, here you... recently single so don’t really know what do with my leftover vouchers... �� any advice?
Old Dec 26, 2018, 5:35 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Nandos
Originally Posted by tenn_ace
All right, here you... recently single so don’t really know what do with my leftover vouchers... �� any advice?
Im free most of Feb.

squawk, mtikky and ScienceTeacher like this.

Last edited by TPRun; Dec 27, 2018 at 9:00 am
Old Dec 26, 2018, 6:18 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold; Le Club Accorhotels Plat; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by TPRun

I’m free most of Feb.

exactly what I was hoping for. Where are we going? 😉

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.