Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA American Express 2-4-1 Voucher Discussion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA American Express 2-4-1 Voucher Discussion

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2018, 3:29 am

Two years ago when I was GGL - I booked a nice little trip for myself and family to the west coast. 2 x 241 (one mine, one wifes), 4xGUFx and a joker. All under one booking/PNR, no problems.

Last night - now just gold - called Japan to try and book a trip just using 2 x 241s (amex) - one in my account, one in my wife's (both in the same household account) and was told "nope - must be two bookings". I challenged that I had done it before and had there been a policy change? Was told no - just the way it is - but i was welcome to call the exec club line in the morning if the flights were available and see if they could do it differently because I was talking to "sales".

Looking at the route I wanted - it looked like the seats were going to hang around, so I waited. Called Gold line this morning - got Newcastle - and was told the exact same thing. MUST be two bookings when using a 241 from a different account. Again - challenged to say "but I've done it before" and was told "maybe GGL can do it differently"

Have I missed something? Am I wrong? Can GGL just do different things?
Old Aug 15, 2018, 5:41 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by MPH1980
Two years ago when I was GGL - I booked a nice little trip for myself and family to the west coast. 2 x 241 (one mine, one wifes), 4xGUFx and a joker. All under one booking/PNR, no problems.

Last night - now just gold - called Japan to try and book a trip just using 2 x 241s (amex) - one in my account, one in my wife's (both in the same household account) and was told "nope - must be two bookings". I challenged that I had done it before and had there been a policy change? Was told no - just the way it is - but i was welcome to call the exec club line in the morning if the flights were available and see if they could do it differently because I was talking to "sales".

Looking at the route I wanted - it looked like the seats were going to hang around, so I waited. Called Gold line this morning - got Newcastle - and was told the exact same thing. MUST be two bookings when using a 241 from a different account. Again - challenged to say "but I've done it before" and was told "maybe GGL can do it differently"

Have I missed something? Am I wrong? Can GGL just do different things?
don’t know anything about GGL doing anything different, but the basic answer you’ve been given sounds right to me- two vouchers held by 2 different people means 2 bookings, unfortunately.
Old Aug 15, 2018, 10:52 am

Programs: BA GGL. HH Diamond. CC, SPG, MR Gold.
Evening all, a quick question about the comp voucher and a closed BAEC account.

If I made a booking with a companion voucher on my account, and subsequently closed my BAEC account prior to the flight being taken, would the PNR be cancelled or would I be able to take the flight as a non-member?

I realise there would certainly be issues if the booking needed to be cancelled as the voucher would not be re-deposited, but I’m just looking into a simple straightforward booking, just where the BAEC account is closed prior to the flight taking place.

Thanks all.
Old Aug 15, 2018, 11:16 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by memorex
If I made a booking with a companion voucher on my account, and subsequently closed my BAEC account prior to the flight being taken, would the PNR be cancelled or would I be able to take the flight as a non-member?
According to the wiki FAQs you should be fine.
Old Aug 15, 2018, 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by KARFA
According to the wiki FAQs you should be fine.
Thank you. I did check the Wiki - what I’d read appears to refer to the cancelling of the BAPP card, but not the BAEC account, hence the post, but apologies if i’d missed anything.
Old Aug 15, 2018, 12:39 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond

Thank you. I did check the Wiki - what I’d read appears to refer to the cancelling of the BAPP card, but not the BAEC account, hence the post, but apologies if i’d missed anything.
ah, apologies I misread your post. Not sure on that and as you say it isn’t dealt with in the wiki. It’s a bit unusual wanting to close your account. Why do you want to close your BAEC account out of interest?
Old Aug 15, 2018, 1:00 pm

Any chance of 4 x J class LHR - JFK with 2 x 2for1

I'm looking to book 4 first tickets LHR to New York July 2019 with 2 x 2 for 1 vouchers. I can see the odd amount of availability for early in the year but none for July (only 2 seats)
We're quite flexible with dates and times and don't mind which airport in the New York area. What is the best tactic? Book 2 x J and 2 x CW and then try to upgrade the CW tickets if availability becomes free. We do want to travel together.
Any advice would be helpful. Thanks
Old Aug 15, 2018, 2:07 pm

Programs: BA, IHG, 5C
Are the vouchers in different names? You can’t split classes if it’s two of your own vouchers. (And J is CW, FIRST is F.)

Given it’s NYC, I might suggest you wait and see for a month. Does the F availability end with the school holidays or maybe 330 days from now?
Old Aug 15, 2018, 2:12 pm

There is plenty of availability for 2 seats but only limited for 4. The nearest dates are in April when 4 seats are available in J.
Old Aug 15, 2018, 4:25 pm

Originally Posted by munch2001
I'm looking to book 4 first tickets LHR to New York July 2019 with 2 x 2 for 1 vouchers. I can see the odd amount of availability for early in the year but none for July (only 2 seats)
We're quite flexible with dates and times and don't mind which airport in the New York area. What is the best tactic? Book 2 x J and 2 x CW and then try to upgrade the CW tickets if availability becomes free. We do want to travel together.
Any advice would be helpful. Thanks
I've been monitoring this route for a while for the same reason. There's a good chance July 2019 will start appearing in 3 months time. Currently the latest is April 2019 and last month it was March, with it following this trend for they last 6 months at least.
munch2001 likes this.
Old Aug 15, 2018, 4:51 pm

Evening all, a quick question about the comp voucher and a closed BAEC account.

I realise there would certainly be issues if the booking needed to be cancelled as the voucher would not be re-deposited, but I’m just looking into a simple straightforward booking, just where the BAEC account is closed prior to the flight taking place.

Thanks all.
I suspect there are few precedents for this, but there is nothing in the BAEC or Amex Ts and Cs that I’m aware of that would imply any problem. Nor would common sense- you have entered into a contract with BA for them to provide passage. Why would they not want to just because you have cancelled your membership of their loyalty scheme?
Old Aug 15, 2018, 5:22 pm

Please explain why you would ever close your Executive Club account, particularly when you have pending reward flights in the account. Something is missing here.
Old Aug 15, 2018, 6:00 pm

Programs: Skyteam Elite+, VS Red, HHonours Diamond, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by Steve in Olympia
Please explain why you would ever close your Executive Club account
To change the TP renewal date?

But yeah, doing it with pending flights is asking for trouble.
Old Aug 16, 2018, 1:08 am

Programs: BA, IHG, 5C
Originally Posted by Steve in Olympia
Please explain why you would ever close your Executive Club account, particularly when you have pending reward flights in the account. Something is missing here.
Because some of the avios came from over the border?
Old Aug 16, 2018, 1:18 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
ah, apologies I misread your post. Not sure on that and as you say it isn’t dealt with in the wiki. It’s a bit unusual wanting to close your account. Why do you want to close your BAEC account out of interest?
The intent is to change the membership year end date. I have some flights upcoming where my wife is coming with, and earns 1520TPs in two weeks. She’s disabled (blind) and it’s pretty much the only time I could ever foresee her getting anywhere near a Gold Card, so I’m keen to get the most out of it for her. She doesn’t have enough lifetime TP’s to make them worth considering saving, so the 241 is the only thing making me cautious about just cancelling the account to gain her an extra 9’months of OWE.

Originally Posted by pauldb
Because some of the avios came from over the border?
I assume you’re refering to the recent Iberia promo - no, didn’t go for that one so that’s nothing to do with it.
pauldb likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.