Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA American Express 2-4-1 Voucher Discussion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA American Express 2-4-1 Voucher Discussion

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2018, 12:59 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Knickam
Looking to book flights to china using a 2 for 1 voucher
Can we leave from Inverness and return to Aberdeen?
yes no problem. You’ll have to call to book it though as you can’t do that online, although you can check reward availability online by searching for INV to China one way and China to ABZ one way.
Old Jul 14, 2018, 3:28 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by KARFA

yes no problem. You’ll have to call to book it though as you can’t do that online, although you can check reward availability online by searching for INV to China one way and China to ABZ one way.
Thank you Karfa,

I have checked availability and F is available both ways.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 6:05 am

Programs: BA GGL - maybe only briefly!
Just reading through the terms, with a view to cancelling my card, and saw this - is this recent change as it differs from the advice in the wiki:

20. Companions do not have to be people who are named within a British Airways Executive Club Household Account. Cardmembers can choose to take anyone as a Companion on their Companion Voucher booking.

Last edited by vintagepilot; Jul 17, 2018 at 6:51 am Reason: Duff typing!
Old Jul 17, 2018, 6:34 am

Programs: BA, IHG, 5C
Originally Posted by vintagepilot
Just reading through the terms, with a view to cancelling my card, and saw this - is this recent change as it differs from the advice in the wiki:
Where are you reading that? It's a real dog's dinner.

My live voucher has a link to these terms: https://www.britishairways.com/trave...club/_gf/en_gb
which say "20. Members can choose to take anyone as a Companion on their Companion Voucher booking except if the member is part of a Household Account. In such an instance, the companion must also belong to the Household Account."

But this Amex page https://www.americanexpress.com/uk/c...sPremiumPlusCC
links to these terms https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...onditions.html
with "20. Companions do not have to be people who are named within a British Airways Executive Club Household Account. Cardmembers can choose to take anyone as a Companion on their Companion Voucher booking."

This BA page also has the looser terms: https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...redit-cards/uk

You apparently have a fourth version, numbered differently.

In any case you can certainly add someone to you F&F list and have them as your companion, so neither form is correct. Practically speaking you won't be able to book a companion online who isn't on your HHA or F&F (passenger selection restrained), but I would guess the looser rule is the correct/current form and so you could force it through by phone.

You've app
vintagepilot likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 6:50 am

Programs: BA GGL - maybe only briefly!
Yes, sorry my bad cut and paste - it is para 20 as you said. https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...onditions.html
Old Jul 19, 2018, 5:25 am

Programs: BA Bronze
Hello, may I ask if anyone can help. Apologies if this is covered but I cannot seem to find it anywhere. I have booked our trip using a 241 (first time using it) however I left out the domestic leg at the start of the booking as we were not sure when we would be travelling to LHR. Now that I now we will travel to LHR the night before, is this something that can be added to the 241 booking? Many thanks in advance
Old Jul 19, 2018, 5:31 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Eyelash
Hello, may I ask if anyone can help. Apologies if this is covered but I cannot seem to find it anywhere. I have booked our trip using a 241 (first time using it) however I left out the domestic leg at the start of the booking as we were not sure when we would be travelling to LHR. Now that I now we will travel to LHR the night before, is this something that can be added to the 241 booking? Many thanks in advance
According to this, yes: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28279170-post92.html

You’ll have to call and pay a £35 change fee per person, plus the additional Avios and/or the difference in tax.
Eyelash likes this.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 3:18 am

Programs: BA Gold
Residency question

Does anyone happen to know if I change my residency from UK to US, will that have an impact on the two 2-4-1 vouchers I have in my account? I am currently a UK resident having earned vouchers using the AMEX card, and I'd like to use my US address to earn points on the Chase BA card but to do this I have to change my address to the US. Any major implications here - with the exception that I know the 2-4-1 must start in the UK.

Thanks!
Old Jul 24, 2018, 6:55 am

Programs: BA Silver
Bit of advice required. I called to add return flights to a 2-4-1 booking at the weekend however the domestic connection was not yet available, so i was advised to call back a day or two later to add the final flight, and the LH flight would be booked, which it was.. At this time no quote was given of the Avios or fees required. This would be sorted out when i booked the domestic connection
On calling up yesterday to add the domestic connection I believe I have been misquoted the correct amount of avios/fees (in my favour !!).
As yet no redemption amount has appeared in my account nor money taken from my cc

All flights are appearing in my BA account, any advice ??

Last edited by melanddave; Jul 24, 2018 at 7:06 am
Old Jul 24, 2018, 7:00 am

I can't see this confirmed anywhere, is it fine for two members of a family to both have different credit cards and thus both earn vouchers - understanding that only family members can actually fly on the voucher. Essentially we earn two of these vouchers a year and want to make sure that creating a family account is not going to prevent that. Thanks.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 7:10 am

Originally Posted by padders
I can't see this confirmed anywhere, is it fine for two members of a family to both have different credit cards and thus both earn vouchers - understanding that only family members can actually fly on the voucher. Essentially we earn two of these vouchers a year and want to make sure that creating a family account is not going to prevent that. Thanks.
If I'm understanding your question correctly, I believe the answer is yes, it is fine. My husband and I have been in an exec club household account for some time, we have separate BA Amex cards and we each earn a voucher a year. We can use both vouchers in a year without a problem using Avios from the same Household account.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 8:00 am

Originally Posted by JamieT
If I'm understanding your question correctly, I believe the answer is yes, it is fine. My husband and I have been in an exec club household account for some time, we have separate BA Amex cards and we each earn a voucher a year. We can use both vouchers in a year without a problem using Avios from the same Household account.
Perfect, that's exactly what I wanted to know - thank you very much.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 8:56 am

Originally Posted by melanddave
Bit of advice required. I called to add return flights to a 2-4-1 booking at the weekend however the domestic connection was not yet available, so i was advised to call back a day or two later to add the final flight, and the LH flight would be booked, which it was.. At this time no quote was given of the Avios or fees required. This would be sorted out when i booked the domestic connection
On calling up yesterday to add the domestic connection I believe I have been misquoted the correct amount of avios/fees (in my favour !!).
As yet no redemption amount has appeared in my account nor money taken from my cc

All flights are appearing in my BA account, any advice ??
It's probable that you haven't yet been re-ticketed, and the debits will be taken when they do that. You can check by logging-in here https://web.1a-xml.jp/eitr/webeitr/ , then hit the e-ticket button and look if both flghts are listed in the itinerary.

It's something to keep an eye on: doesn't seem so common at the moment but it's hassle if they never get round to re-ticketing you (you'll have a problem checking-in for the inbound).
Old Jul 24, 2018, 9:12 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by pauldb
It's probable that you haven't yet been re-ticketed, and the debits will be taken when they do that. You can check by logging-in here https://web.1a-xml.jp/eitr/webeitr/ , then hit the e-ticket button and look if both flghts are listed in the itinerary.

It's something to keep an eye on: doesn't seem so common at the moment but it's hassle if they never get round to re-ticketing you (you'll have a problem checking-in for the inbound).
Thanks, i have tried all combinations of booking reference number and ticket number and nothing seems to work, any hints ?
on checkmytrip all 4 flights are marked as confirmed ??

Last edited by melanddave; Jul 24, 2018 at 9:25 am
Old Jul 24, 2018, 9:26 am

Originally Posted by melanddave
Thanks, i have tried all combinations of booking reference number and ticket number and nothing seems to work, any hints ?
on checkmytrip all 4 flights are marked as confirmed ??
Should be your six character booking reference, last name, first name to log-in.

Normal checkmytrip shows your amended booking not your possibly-unamended ticket.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.