Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA American Express 2-4-1 Voucher Discussion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA American Express 2-4-1 Voucher Discussion

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2018, 12:56 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by Globaliser
It should arrive soon after being triggered by spend. However, IME it takes a day or two for the purchase to post to the credit card account, then it takes a day or two for that to post to the Avios section of the Amex account to trigger the voucher, then it takes a day or two for the voucher to reach BAEC.
Thanks for the very fast reply!
Old May 8, 2018, 4:11 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by pauldb
You can open-jaw at the origin as well as the destination, but the 241 booking must start and end in the UK so JFK or even AMS would be disallowed.
Ahh woops, missed that. Thanks!
Old May 8, 2018, 4:30 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Managed, after a bit of work, to bag a LHR - KUL (F) - BKK - LHR (J) for March/April next year so was pretty pleased with the Ł1100 far + Avios
Old May 12, 2018, 8:32 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Stopovers - is it possible to book these online or does it have to be done over the phone?

I'd like to go to SYD via SIN for example with 2 or 3 days in SIN.
Old May 12, 2018, 9:10 am

Programs: BA Blue, EI Silver, Honours Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by firstlight
Stopovers - is it possible to book these online or does it have to be done over the phone?

I'd like to go to SYD via SIN for example with 2 or 3 days in SIN.
In theory you can do this online. However on LHR-SIN-SYD you might struggle to book this due to availability of J seats all the way to SYD. You will be able to book the initial UK-SIN online and then add the SIN-SYD three days later, assuming you are booking 355 days in advance. At least that avoids one nerve-wrecking 0100 phone call.
Old May 16, 2018, 1:57 am

Programs: BA GGL - maybe only briefly!
This is a bit of a combined 241 and B787 cancellation question. We have a 241 outbound to Calgary in September. Given the 787 issues, and that there is only one direct BA flight a day, what happens if the planned flight is cancelled -

Can we be re-routed via another carrier, or a connecting route which includes another carrier, given the booking conditions for 241 being BA metal only?
Is it more likely that it will just be an aircraft change on a route with only one flight per day?
Old May 16, 2018, 2:36 am

Programs: BA, IHG, 5C
Originally Posted by lincolnite
This is a bit of a combined 241 and B787 cancellation question. We have a 241 outbound to Calgary in September. Given the 787 issues, and that there is only one direct BA flight a day, what happens if the planned flight is cancelled -

Can we be re-routed via another carrier, or a connecting route which includes another carrier, given the booking conditions for 241 being BA metal only?
Is it more likely that it will just be an aircraft change on a route with only one flight per day?
I think you're unlikely to see a cancellation but the 241 won't prevent you being rerouted if it comes to that (it doesn't affect BA's EU261 obligations). It might be more complicated if there are downgrades required, but I assume you are in J not F, and a plane switch is likely to provide more J not less.
Old May 16, 2018, 4:29 am

Programs: BA GGL - maybe only briefly!
Yes, only J on that service, No F.

Maybe my poor wording, but not so worried about being re-routed - just wondering if that was even possible given that the booking 241 condition is that it is on BA metal. 'Can a 241 be re-routed onto non-BA metal' would have been a better question. I don't want to book everything else, hotels/car etc, to find the flight cancelled with no alternatives provided.
Old May 16, 2018, 6:30 am

Programs: BA, IHG, 5C
Yes, only J on that service, No F.

Maybe my poor wording, but not so worried about being re-routed - just wondering if that was even possible given that the booking 241 condition is that it is on BA metal. 'Can a 241 be re-routed onto non-BA metal' would have been a better question. I don't want to book everything else, hotels/car etc, to find the flight cancelled with no alternatives provided.
That's the question I understood and answered: no the BA-metal restriction shouldn't be relevant to any rerouting, including on to other carriers.

That's not to say they won't perhaps try and move you +/- a day instead of rerouting, but that won't be down to the 241.
Old May 16, 2018, 12:45 pm

Smile

I'm in the exact same position. My understanding is that the problem is more with the 787-9 (those that have F cabin) so we should be ok being on a route which flies without F. That's what I'm thinking/hoping anyway...
Old May 20, 2018, 7:21 am

Programs: BA Bronze, Accor Gold, Amex Plat, Hertz 5 Star, Global Entry
Nabbed 2x LGW-MCO in J for Disney next April with my companion voucher, not going to complain about Ł600 each return!
Old May 21, 2018, 9:27 am

Programs: Skywards, British Airways Executive Club
I have secured LHR x SJC (San Jose) in F travelling May 2019 using a companion voucher. In the next few days I need to book the return....In preparation I have a couple of questions;
Is it 12 mid-night or 01:00 that I have to phone either the USA or Japan call centre?
Are the USA call centre staff dealing with these request, I have read here that there have been occasions when they have declined to assist a UK caller?

Thank you

Last edited by Rookersa; May 21, 2018 at 9:51 am
Old May 21, 2018, 11:49 am

I have just returned from a 2-4-1 F journey from Man to Mex via LHR and I am looking at booking the same for next year. I have done a few dummy bookings and notice that including the Man - LHR legs adds over Ł300 to the cost of the journey (same amount of miles though!). I have booked the LHR to MEX leg in first using my voucher but what I would like to know is can I book the return so it is MEX to LHR to MAN when the availability opens up? The dummy booking for MEX to MAN does not show quite as much price difference.

Sorry if this is explained elsewhere bout couldn't see this specific scenario. Cheers!
Old Jun 7, 2018, 5:28 am

Hello everyone - thank you in advance for any advice.

I'd like some help on the best means of arranging a trip from Mancester to Las Vegas via LHR for my parents and I next May. They have never travelled business class so I'd like to use my avios stash and a 2-4-1 voucher to best effect to book in such a way that they can travel in business, myself in premium and we can all enter the business lounges in LHR T3. I have BA Gold status, they have no status.

So specific questions:

1) Is there anyway for me to be booked into a reward premium economy seat and they have the 2 business seats? Or will I have to be seated in the business seat and see if a kind cabin crew member will let me swap before take off?
2) I think I am right in saying that regardless of whether I am booked into premium or club, we will all have access to the oneworld business class lounges in T3? Or do they need to hold status to visit anywhere but the BA lounge?

Thank you again for any help!
Old Jun 7, 2018, 5:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by BobOnBA
1) Is there anyway for me to be booked into a reward premium economy seat and they have the 2 business seats? Or will I have to be seated in the business seat and see if a kind cabin crew member will let me swap before take off?
2) I think I am right in saying that regardless of whether I am booked into premium or club, we will all have access to the oneworld business class lounges in T3? Or do they need to hold status to visit anywhere but the BA lounge?
1) If you're using the 2-4-1 voucher to book the two business class seats, then you will have to be one of the passengers on that booking. One of your parents would be the other passenger on that business class booking. The other parent would have to be the passenger on the premium economy booking. However, from my experience, it would not be a problem for you to sit in the premium economy seat throughout, so that your parents will actually be together in business class for the whole flight. Whenever I have done anything like this, I've told the cabin crew on boarding that this is the plan, and asked if it's OK - it's never been a problem. One useful thing may be to make sure that the parent with whom you're swapping is the one of the same gender as you, so that the business class booking will be for one male and one female passenger.

You will have to be aware that to get a specific premium economy seat pre-allocated on that booking, you'll have to pay as the named passenger won't have status and therefore won't be entitled to free pre-allocation (as you would be, if you were on that ticket). This is one of the costs of the plan, but probably pretty trivial in the grand scheme.

2) You, as a Gold, can guest in the parent whose ticket is in premium economy, and into any of the oneworld businss class lounges. The other parent is in business class and will get into the business class lounges anyway on the strength of that (and this should apply to all of the oneworld lounges). However, you won't all be able to get into first class lounges because your entitlement would be for you plus one guest only.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.