Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA American Express 2-4-1 Voucher Discussion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA American Express 2-4-1 Voucher Discussion

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2017, 1:49 pm

Programs: BAEC
I'm wanting to use a 2-4-1 voucher for a flight on the 14/10/18. Am I right in assuming I should be calling the Japan office (from UK) at Midnight on the 23/10/17 to book the two CW seats that will be released?

Thanks in advance!
Old Oct 3, 2017, 2:24 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by PointsPointsPoints
I'm wanting to use a 2-4-1 voucher for a flight on the 14/10/18. Am I right in assuming I should be calling the Japan office (from UK) at Midnight on the 23/10/17 to book the two CW seats that will be released?

Thanks in advance!
Can you not book it online, at least the outward leg, then call to add the return later?
Old Oct 3, 2017, 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by melanddave
Can you not book it online, at least the outward leg, then call to add the return later?
Not sure really!?

I didn't know you can do that for a 2-4-1...

Can someone confirm?

Also am I correct on the timing to book online/ call up?
Old Oct 3, 2017, 8:28 pm

Not sure really!?

I didn't know you can do that for a 2-4-1...

Can someone confirm?

Also am I correct on the timing to book online/ call up?
Yes, very easily done on-line. On your Executive Club homepage, right next to your voucher, just click on the "Redeem Voucher" button.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 1:05 am

Programs: BA, IHG, 5C
No I think your timing is out. Today 4 Oct you can book 23 Sep. Your date of 14 Oct is 21 days from 23 Sep, so you need to wait another 21 days from today: until 25 Oct. (And just to be clear this is first thing in the morning on 25 Oct, not staying up late on 25 Oct.)

Secondly the release is at midnight GMT. We are on summer-time until 29 Oct so you actually need to grab the seats online at 1am UK time (BST) 25 Oct.

If you are later phoning to add an inbound leg, presumably after the clocks change, that then would require a call to Japan at midnight.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 1:18 am

Originally Posted by pauldb
No I think your timing is out. Today 4 Oct you can book 23 Sep. Your date of 14 Oct is 21 days from 23 Sep, so you need to wait another 21 days from today: until 25 Oct. (And just to be clear this is first thing in the morning on 25 Oct, not staying up late on 25 Oct.)

Secondly the release is at midnight GMT. We are on summer-time until 29 Oct so you actually need to grab the seats online at 1am UK time (BST) 25 Oct.

If you are later phoning to add an inbound leg, presumably after the clocks change, that then would require a call to Japan at midnight.
Thanks pauldb most helpful
Old Oct 5, 2017, 5:56 am

Next question... Is it possible to book a forward flight when booking a 2-4-1 outbound leg?

We need to book the internal flight in the Seychelles between islands, and our TA has recommended we book the flight through the airline such that if our outbound flight is delayed we will be transferred to a later internal flight for free...
Old Oct 5, 2017, 6:01 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Next question... Is it possible to book a forward flight when booking a 2-4-1 outbound leg?

We need to book the internal flight in the Seychelles between islands, and our TA has recommended we book the flight through the airline such that if our outbound flight is delayed we will be transferred to a later internal flight for free...
Do you mean add a cash/non-BA flight to the 2-4-1 booking? No you can't do that and your non-BA flight would have to be a completely separate booking.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 6:13 am

Programs: BA, IHG, 5C
It's good advice but not possible as KARFA has explained. Even Air Seychelles' cheapest fares (assuming you're going to Praslin) appear to be changeable for a $30/35 fee in the case of a no show, which I take to mean all is not lost (or too costly) if you are delayed, though of course neither option would guarantee you space on a later flight. There's always a pleasant ferry option, particularly if you're going to La Digue or the north/east of Praslin.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 7:23 am

Originally Posted by pauldb
It's good advice but not possible as KARFA has explained. Even Air Seychelles' cheapest fares (assuming you're going to Praslin) appear to be changeable for a $30/35 fee in the case of a no show, which I take to mean all is not lost (or too costly) if you are delayed, though of course neither option would guarantee you space on a later flight. There's always a pleasant ferry option, particularly if you're going to La Digue or the north/east of Praslin.
Originally Posted by KARFA
Do you mean add a cash/non-BA flight to the 2-4-1 booking? No you can't do that and your non-BA flight would have to be a completely separate booking.
Thank you both...

A couple of options, should the flight be delayed. ^
Old Oct 7, 2017, 7:15 am

my first 121

Just booked my first 241 redemption following the guides. Would like to thank the community for their support and hard work that has gone into this. I would just like to share some of my experience on the process

1. Booked Club World LHR to LAS for Sept 17th Sept online.No problems there
2. Tried to book the return leg last night but got caught out as the phone tool was down all night and now last time i checked I had saved numbers for Tokoyo and USA but they were both closed. (It seems the trick is to call a few minutes before 1am BST and get the agent to wait ?)
3. In the end i waited till 6am and called the local UK number where they were able to add the return leg
4. The Tax for the return leg worked out to be more than half the price than the outbound which i was surprised by as the BA reward tool calculates them at the same price ( outbound £757.14 / £373 return)
5.The Avios taken from my account for the 241 redemption is showing as 103,693 but it should be for 124,000

The main advice i would give to anyone would be not to rely on the phone tool. I was bricking it from 1am to 6am thinking availability would be gone by the time the UK helpdesk opened
Old Oct 7, 2017, 7:39 am

Originally Posted by Slliw
Just booked my first 241 redemption following the guides. Would like to thank the community for their support and hard work that has gone into this. I would just like to share some of my experience on the process

1. Booked Club World LHR to LAS for Sept 17th Sept online.No problems there
2. Tried to book the return leg last night but got caught out as the phone tool was down all night and now last time i checked I had saved numbers for Tokoyo and USA but they were both closed. (It seems the trick is to call a few minutes before 1am BST and get the agent to wait ?)
3. In the end i waited till 6am and called the local UK number where they were able to add the return leg
4. The Tax for the return leg worked out to be more than half the price than the outbound which i was surprised by as the BA reward tool calculates them at the same price ( outbound £757.14 / £373 return)
5.The Avios taken from my account for the 241 redemption is showing as 103,693 but it should be for 124,000

The main advice i would give to anyone would be not to rely on the phone tool. I was bricking it from 1am to 6am thinking availability would be gone by the time the UK helpdesk opened
Yes this really is a cumbersome and very inconvenient way of adding a return leg to a 241. I do wish BA would sort this so it can be added to the outbound booking online.
Old Oct 7, 2017, 7:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
I assume the odd number of Avios is from your household account and this is your personal contribution? The other passenger would’ve had the balance deducted from their account?
Old Oct 7, 2017, 10:02 am

Originally Posted by mikeyfly
I assume the odd number of Avios is from your household account and this is your personal contribution? The other passenger would’ve had the balance deducted from their account?
ah! Good spot that would make more sense. Didn’t check my partners account to see what was taken.

edit
Just checked and the remaining avios has been deducted from my partners balance.
SvenAge likes this.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 6:00 am

How often can you change a 2-4-1 booking...

This is for the new twice weekly SEZ route.

What I am thinking is booking the outbound leg, then for the return book the Thursday return when available and changing that to the Sunday return when that becomes available.

My reasoning is I am concerned that it will be a popular route and I might not be the only person going for the seats released...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.