Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA American Express 2-4-1 Voucher Discussion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA American Express 2-4-1 Voucher Discussion

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2020, 2:25 pm

Programs: BA, IHG, 5C
I’m afraid they can restrict you. Your son’s additional card and the HHA are irrelevant here: they are your vouchers. The voucher is for You+1 but as a special term two vouchers can be used for You+3 - all on the same booking and all in the same class.

Even if someone was trying to use discretion, it’s not possible to have split cabins in the same booking. Two of your group would have to be split into a second booking, and you the cardholder would not be on that booking.
Old Sep 4, 2020, 12:29 am

Has anyone else disputed with BA how their collection year has been disrupted due to COVID, and now they've not been able to hit the required spend to collect their companion voucher?

Due to a BA holiday getting cancelled right in the middle of lockdown, and various other reasons (all the shops shut essentially!), we *just* missed out on hitting our Ł10,000 spend in a year, to earn our companion voucher. I would have thought BA would give some flexibility on this, but instead my new collection year has been started - 2020s potential voucher now gone, with my yearly spend just being reset to zero, in order to spend another 10k now in the next 12 months to earn a voucher. Seems slightly unfair? I've raised a complaint with BA but keen to know if anyone has had similar experiences.
Old Sep 4, 2020, 1:03 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by chris_2020
Has anyone else disputed with BA how their collection year has been disrupted due to COVID, and now they've not been able to hit the required spend to collect their companion voucher?

Due to a BA holiday getting cancelled right in the middle of lockdown, and various other reasons (all the shops shut essentially!), we *just* missed out on hitting our Ł10,000 spend in a year, to earn our companion voucher. I would have thought BA would give some flexibility on this, but instead my new collection year has been started - 2020s potential voucher now gone, with my yearly spend just being reset to zero, in order to spend another 10k now in the next 12 months to earn a voucher. Seems slightly unfair? I've raised a complaint with BA but keen to know if anyone has had similar experiences.
would this not be an Amex issue as opposed to a BA one?
T8191, spursdebs and KARFA like this.
Old Sep 4, 2020, 4:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
"Earn a reward flight for your companion by spending Ł10,000.00 on your Card by 27/02/2021 So far, you have -Ł2,952.20 of qualifying spend, so spend just Ł12,952.20 to receive your voucher."

It was all looking good back at the beginning of March, before my refunds started flowing in. But why should I get credit for Amex spend that didn't happen?
Old Sep 4, 2020, 4:13 am

Programs: BAEC (Silver), IHG (Plat Elite)
Originally Posted by LBA_flyer
would this not be an Amex issue as opposed to a BA one?
That's what I would have thought. It's no use to the OP now, but there could have been some manufactured spend to take them over the limit, got the voucher, then returned what ever purchase took them there.
Depending on how short they were, AMEX may issue the voucher by way of good will. Worth a try.
Old Sep 4, 2020, 4:16 am

Originally Posted by chris1922Mk2
That's what I would have thought. It's no use to the OP now, but there could have been some manufactured spend to take them over the limit, got the voucher, then returned what ever purchase took them there.
Depending on how short they were, AMEX may issue the voucher by way of good will. Worth a try.
Thanks, I'll give it a try with AMEX.
chris1922Mk2 likes this.
Old Sep 7, 2020, 3:40 pm

Can anyone advise me as to which office is best to call when flights are released at 1am?
Thanks
Old Sep 7, 2020, 5:04 pm

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold
Originally Posted by tom31
Can anyone advise me as to which office is best to call when flights are released at 1am?
Thanks
japan opens at 1am U.K. time 9 am Japan. Unless it’s a Fri/Sat
tom31 likes this.
Old Sep 10, 2020, 3:22 am

I have the BA Premium Plus card.

I read recently that companion vouchers issued in August and September are being given an extra 6 months validity on top of the normal 2 years.

Can anyone confirm that this is indeed happening in practice please?
Old Sep 10, 2020, 3:37 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Originally Posted by Flyerbunny

I read recently that companion vouchers issued in August and September are being given an extra 6 months validity on top of the normal 2 years.

It is what Raffles reported on HfP yes. It currently ends on 30th September.

https://www.headforpoints.com/2020/0...her-extension/
Flyerbunny likes this.
Old Sep 10, 2020, 3:46 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
Originally Posted by Flyerbunny

Here is my voucher:

Flyerbunny likes this.
Old Sep 10, 2020, 7:45 am

Originally Posted by wilsnunn
Here is my voucher:

Thank you very much!
Keystone and wilsnunn like this.
Old Sep 13, 2020, 12:10 am

We booked a flight to Athens with a companion voucher 3 months ago and as soon as the return flight became available phoned to have it added to our booking. This flight is showing on our account but we have never had an email confirmation for the return flight nor can we reserve our seats. I have phoned several times and told something different each time. Last time they said it was sent to an office in India for ticketing and had got stuck there as the office had been closed because of the pandemic but now they had found this out it would be ticketed straight away. Other times they have said it would be ticketed soon or to be more patient.I know this is not urgent as we aren’t flying until next year but does anyone have any advice how we can get this ticketed and reserve our seats?
Old Sep 13, 2020, 2:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by malcliz
... but does anyone have any advice how we can get this ticketed and reserve our seats?
If getting seats pre-allocated is the primary reason for wanting the ticketing to be done, have you asked on the phone for this to be done? ISTR that call centres can sort out seating even if tickets have not yet been issued.
Old Sep 15, 2020, 1:15 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Gold
Cancellation

Wondering if anyone has experience on how long it takes at the moment for a 241 voucher to credit back to Exec club account when a 241 booking is cancelled please? We have a SIN/HKG booked for November that we want to cancel, and option is to either call them and ask them to rebook for next year (so a date change), or wait for the voucher to credit and then book online again. Any advice on which of these is the best way to do it also appreciated!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.