Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA American Express 2-4-1 Voucher Discussion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA American Express 2-4-1 Voucher Discussion

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2020, 4:01 am

I have found reward flights I'd like to use in March 2021 using a 2-4-1 voucher. On the BA website they show up as available when I click through the "redeem" for my voucher, then search for reward flights from London airports. I'm based in Edinburgh though, and when I select Edinburgh as the "From" it fails with "There was a problem with your request, please try again later." - I've tried again for a few days and it doesn't change. The BA silver line is not operational, and the other number they say to phone is only for travel in the next 72 hours. Should I just book it from London and call them in a few months to add the Edinburgh connections and if so will they be able to combine the journeys so that luggage goes straight through, or is there a better option?
Old Mar 27, 2020, 8:16 am

Programs: BA Gold
Does anyone know how to contact BA to add on the return sector of a 2-4-1 ticket (they are only accepting calls for urgent matters). I managed to book the outbound easily enough but now I need to book the return. Normally I would ring in and sort it out. If I book 2 seats for my return on the their website how quickly do I need to contact BA and adjust the number of points. I have plenty of points so I can wait if needs be. I was just wondering if there is a time limit.
Old Mar 27, 2020, 8:23 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by heb999
Does anyone know how to contact BA to add on the return sector of a 2-4-1 ticket (they are only accepting calls for urgent matters). I managed to book the outbound easily enough but now I need to book the return. Normally I would ring in and sort it out. If I book 2 seats for my return on the their website how quickly do I need to contact BA and adjust the number of points. I have plenty of points so I can wait if needs be. I was just wondering if there is a time limit.
Can't say for definite but I'm sure flexibility will be shown to refund the Avios for the return booking at a later date if you have the points book it was a one way back and call in a few weeks or when its a bit quieter to get the pts refunded back
Steve in Olympia likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2020, 8:55 am

Thanks for that. Will do.
Old Mar 27, 2020, 9:02 am

Programs: BA, Emirates, IHG, Accor, Marriott, Hilton
Originally Posted by heb999
Where is it to? You can book online using Avios and then call BA to get the voucher applied for the return. They would be on 2 separate bookings - it all depends on the taxes as doing it this way for the US costs you more in taxes, whereas some places it makes no difference.
Old Mar 27, 2020, 10:42 am

Originally Posted by parklife
Where is it to? You can book online using Avios and then call BA to get the voucher applied for the return. They would be on 2 separate bookings - it all depends on the taxes as doing it this way for the US costs you more in taxes, whereas some places it makes no difference.
South Africa
Old Mar 27, 2020, 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by angusws
I have found reward flights I'd like to use in March 2021 using a 2-4-1 voucher. On the BA website they show up as available when I click through the "redeem" for my voucher, then search for reward flights from London airports. I'm based in Edinburgh though, and when I select Edinburgh as the "From" it fails with "There was a problem with your request, please try again later." - I've tried again for a few days and it doesn't change. The BA silver line is not operational, and the other number they say to phone is only for travel in the next 72 hours. Should I just book it from London and call them in a few months to add the Edinburgh connections and if so will they be able to combine the journeys so that luggage goes straight through, or is there a better option?

Apologies for replying to my own thread but does anyone know? I'm concerned I"m going to miss out on the flights as there is only one day left that J is available for March 2021 and the dates work well, someone else is going to grab it! Should I just book the London part and add Edinburgh flights once I can speak to someone at BA?
Old Mar 27, 2020, 3:55 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Apologies for replying to my own thread but does anyone know? I'm concerned I"m going to miss out on the flights as there is only one day left that J is available for March 2021 and the dates work well, someone else is going to grab it! Should I just book the London part and add Edinburgh flights once I can speak to someone at BA?
I would go for it, lock it in and then sort it out when they are quieter.
Old Mar 27, 2020, 3:59 pm

Programs: BA Plastic. HH Diamond. Speedwell Bar Lifetime Platinum.
Can't really give an answer for the current difficult situation, but I've had issue booking the domestics in the past, and Revenue opened up seats after calling.
Are there connections available from other Scottish airports as a back up?
Old Mar 27, 2020, 5:48 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club Silver, IHG Platinum Elite, Qatar Privilege Club
I’m in Edinburgh and last week booked on line an EDI - kUL return in January next year using a 2-4-1 without any difficulty
Old Mar 28, 2020, 12:59 am

Thanks all for the advice, I've gone ahead and booked the LGW -> CPT return in J and once things settle down I will see if BA can get me connecting flights from EDI. If not I can always do a separate booking and deal with collecting and checking in luggage at LGW, or get a train from Edinburgh. Was keen to take advantage of a route that usually has low availability for points (2-4-1) bookings.
Old Mar 28, 2020, 5:04 am
Suspended

Thanks all for the advice, I've gone ahead and booked the LGW -> CPT return in J and once things settle down I will see if BA can get me connecting flights from EDI. If not I can always do a separate booking and deal with collecting and checking in luggage at LGW, or get a train from Edinburgh. Was keen to take advantage of a route that usually has low availability for points (2-4-1) bookings.
I'm fairly sure you'll be better doing it separate anyway as if you do it as one journey you are charged the tax on Edi lgw flights where as if it's seperate you'll be charged the rfs obviously you have the risks with it being seperate of no protection if edi flight delayed etc
Old Mar 29, 2020, 5:18 am

Programs: BA, M&M
Hi can someone sense check what's I'm planning to do.

I have a companion voucher due to expire Jan 1st 2021 (extended by 6 months). I want to use my voucher alongside a GUF2 for a flight to Sydney in march next year (after expiry date). Can I book a domestic flight say MAN-LHR for December 31st (before expiry by date) followed by LHR-SYD in March (after voucher expires) and then follow up with a SYD-LHR booking using the same voucher again when availability opens up?

If the scenario above works what's the best way to call ba as last night at midnight I could not get through to any phone lines as all offices seemed to be closed (including USA and Australia). Thanks!
Old Mar 29, 2020, 5:24 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by londonbusflyer
Hi can someone sense check what's I'm planning to do.

I have a companion voucher due to expire Jan 1st 2021 (extended by 6 months). I want to use my voucher alongside a GUF2 for a flight to Sydney in march next year (after expiry date). Can I book a domestic flight say MAN-LHR for December 31st (before expiry by date) followed by LHR-SYD in March (after voucher expires) and then follow up with a SYD-LHR booking using the same voucher again when availability opens up?

If the scenario above works what's the best way to call ba as last night at midnight I could not get through to any phone lines as all offices seemed to be closed (including USA and Australia). Thanks!
On a 2-4-1 voucher all your outbound flights need to take place prior the voucher expiry date, so all MAN-LHR-SYD needs to be before 1 Jan
Old Mar 29, 2020, 5:32 am

Programs: BA, VA
Same thing happening with myself. Have been keeping tabs on MAN-LHR-SYD flights, and up until Friday is would show me plenty of options to book this routing. However, from yesterday, the system would not let me book the same routing with the 2-4-1 voucher, but would let me book the full route without the voucher, or book LHR-SYD with the voucher.

Strangely, it also kept defaulting to the “break your journey” option, but even putting this in wouldn’t let me book with the voucher.

Like the OP, I will mor Ethan likely book the LHR-SYD leg as soon as the seats are released, then either get the BAEC call centre to add on the MAN-LHR flight, or given that it is adding on around Ł200 for the MAN leg, book a one-way car rental to LHR.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.