Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA American Express 2-4-1 Voucher Discussion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA American Express 2-4-1 Voucher Discussion

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2020, 5:31 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, then a handful of points on everything else.
Originally Posted by Oli Venn
Wife's voucher issued today only has 24 months
Ditto (for exactly the same dates, 23/3/20-23/3/22).

Currently have a 241 booked for the end of June to JNB. Let's see what happens to that in a couple of months or so.
Old Mar 24, 2020, 5:31 am
Jed

Programs: BA Gold, AA 1MM lifetime gold, Starwood gold, Marriott Gold Elite
Excellent proactivity from BA.
My 2 for 1 vouchers have been extended too.
Old Mar 24, 2020, 6:14 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by internetplumber

Currently have a 241 booked for the end of June to JNB. Let's see what happens to that in a couple of months or so.
new ones just issued not being given Extention as they haven't been impacted by current situation if issued by 01 March2020 no Extention

the one currently in June will have 6 month Extention
internetplumber likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2020, 6:17 am

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by Hawk777
new ones just issued not being given Extention as they haven't been impacted by current situation if issued by 01 March2020 no Extention

the one currently in June will have 6 month Extention
Hawk my voucher issued on the 11th March 2020 has been extended (see screenshot above).
Old Mar 24, 2020, 6:31 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Oli Venn
Hawk my voucher issued on the 11th March 2020 has been extended (see screenshot above).
yes anything just issued from 1 march onwards not being extended currently as plenty time to use so not impacted by this current situation
Old Mar 24, 2020, 7:47 am

My voucher which was supposed to expire March 2021 has been extended to September 2021. No email from BA or AMEX regarding this. Problem is how to make use of the voucher. Despite the crisi, Avios seats don't have better availability in the popular periods once you go past September.
Old Mar 24, 2020, 8:29 am

Programs: BA Gold
Incredible response from BA. Got through (to Gold Line) with only a very short hold, companion voucher instantly back in account & rebooked J returns with returned companion voucher to Male for December. Shame not to be able to do the cancellation myself online, but outstanding service in a testing environment
Jed likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2020, 12:29 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum BAEC Silver
Just an FYI for US based Chase Bank BA cardholders where we also get companion passes - my companion pass has not been extended. Maybe it’s just a UK Amex only thing or maybe they just haven’t got round to us Chase folk yet. Didn’t want to start a separate thread as this Amex thread is where I went for info so maybe other Chase cardholders will do the same. Will update if they do extend.

Edit: Typical - as soon as I post that..
Chase companion/Travel Together vouchers have also been extended by 6 months too. At least mine have anyway. Normally 2 years but they’ve been extended by 6 months in my BAEC account.
Jed likes this.

Last edited by kc1174; Mar 24, 2020 at 12:43 pm
Old Mar 24, 2020, 12:59 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AF/KL Gold, Marriott Gold
Excellent news from BA, my voucher has been extended too (Date issued 09-Dec-2019, expiry 09-Jun-2022)
Old Mar 24, 2020, 1:01 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, AA 4MM Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
The expiry dates on four 2-4-1s held by my wife and me have all been extended 6 months. However we have already used the first leg of two of them, leaving the return flights to be booked at a later date. According to the rules the return leg normally has to be flown within 355 days of the outward leg. Does anyone know if, under these circumstances, the return date will also be extended by six months. If not, having a new expiration date is of no advantage.
Old Mar 24, 2020, 1:05 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, AA 4MM Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by kc1174
Just an FYI for US based Chase Bank BA cardholders where we also get companion passes - my companion pass has not been extended.....
We have a Chase 2-4-1 originally issued on Dec 6, 2018 which HAS been extended. Maybe it's only recent ones that have not.
Old Mar 25, 2020, 1:14 am

Programs: AA Exec Platinum BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by Full Score
We have a Chase 2-4-1 originally issued on Dec 6, 2018 which HAS been extended. Maybe it's only recent ones that have not.
Yeah I edited my post a few mins later - one of mine is June 2018, now expires Dec 2020 so all’s good.
Old Mar 26, 2020, 12:10 pm

Just received an email that says:
Your Vouchers
To ensure that you still have the opportunity to use any Companion Vouchers or Travel Together Tickets earned through your British Airways credit card, we’re applying a six-month expiration extension to the current vouchers in your account. You can view any existing vouchers you may have here.
Nothing on the voucher received on 23/3/20 yet though, so I don't know if it's not been updated yet, or there's an exception not mentioned in the email.
Old Mar 26, 2020, 12:12 pm

Just received an email that says:
Your Vouchers
To ensure that you still have the opportunity to use any Companion Vouchers or Travel Together Tickets earned through your British Airways credit card, we’re applying a six-month expiration extension to the current vouchers in your account. You can view any existing vouchers you may have here.
Nothing on the voucher received on 23/3/20 yet though, so I don't know if it's not been updated yet, or there's an exception not mentioned in the email.
They don't seem to be extending those earned in this month, because they already have a decent validity period.
Old Mar 26, 2020, 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by flashware
They don't seem to be extending those earned in this month, because they already have a decent validity period.
Following the link to the FAQ, it says:
We want to maximise the opportunity for Members to use their well earned vouchers. If your Companion Voucher, or Travel Together Ticket, earned via a British Airways credit card is issued during March, April, May or June, we will be automatically applying a 6-month extension. This may take some time to reflect in your account, however there is no need to contact us.
This does not currently apply to Gold Upgrade Vouchers.
So I'm assuming it will appear sooner or later.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.