Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA American Express 2-4-1 Voucher Discussion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA American Express 2-4-1 Voucher Discussion

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2017, 1:13 pm

Help, I've had a scan through this thread but can't find an answer.

I have a 2-4-1 companion voucher that expires on the 24th December this year.

Just wondering if there is any easier way to search for available seats that fly out from London preferably on the 23rd, I know a few of you have mentioned the best thing is to be flexible but I've left it tooooo late

I would prefer some winter sun if anyone's got any suggestions on searching for available seats or destinations.

Thank you in advance, any help would be appreciated
Old Jul 17, 2017, 1:28 pm

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
Originally Posted by Lenny80
I would prefer some winter sun if anyone's got any suggestions on searching for available seats or destinations.
You could look at https://baredemptionfinder.com/

good luck
Old Jul 17, 2017, 2:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by sunshinebob
You could look at https://baredemptionfinder.com/

good luck
I see its back to phantom availability
Old Jul 17, 2017, 2:40 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
I see its back to phantom availability
Yes, it seems from recent comments on this thread that the results are not accurate http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...om-down-2.html
Old Jul 18, 2017, 7:27 am

Programs: British Airways, Hilton
Hi all, been a user of the forum for a while so thanks for all the useful advice so far. First post so be kind!
I've used BA for a number of years now flying club world with work usually out to IAH from NCL so a bit of experience.
Have an amex black so managed to get a 241 first redemption on the BA273 to SAN last Sep and have another booked into ATL and back from AUS this Sep. Thanks for all the advice so far that has allowed me and the other half to enjoy ourselves across the atlantic!

Anyway - question...
We have enough points and almost another 241 to travel next year and want to go to Washington and Orlando on the same trip (clubworld)

We will use the 241 to go NCL-LHR-IAD out, but it looks like MCO-LHR availability is limited home. We can connect in the US, but can anyone tell me if we went say MCO-IAD-LHR-NCL, can we book the IAD-NCL part using the 241 and then add the MCO-IAD with American Airlines after, paying cash but use the same booking so our bags go through all the way (given it is oneworld)?
Hope this makes sense, couldn't find the answer so far.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 8:58 am

Programs: BA, IHG, 5C
Originally Posted by Lenny80
Help, I've had a scan through this thread but can't find an answer.

I have a 2-4-1 companion voucher that expires on the 24th December this year.

Just wondering if there is any easier way to search for available seats that fly out from London preferably on the 23rd, I know a few of you have mentioned the best thing is to be flexible but I've left it tooooo late

Thank you in advance, any help would be appreciated
I'm a broken record, but recommend AA's map for this: https://www.aa.com/awardMap/home.do

How about SAN on 23/12, MIA on 24/12, or MCT on either day (assuming J).
Old Jul 18, 2017, 9:03 am

Originally Posted by NCLBen
We will use the 241 to go NCL-LHR-IAD out, but it looks like MCO-LHR availability is limited home. We can connect in the US, but can anyone tell me if we went say MCO-IAD-LHR-NCL, can we book the IAD-NCL part using the 241 and then add the MCO-IAD with American Airlines after, paying cash but use the same booking so our bags go through all the way (given it is oneworld)?
Hope this makes sense, couldn't find the answer so far.
You won't be able to get the AA flight on the same reference. As I understand it, AA's old policy of protecting your connection in these circumstances still stands, though somewhat bizarrely they won't through-check your luggage.

That may be defunct though as I don't believe AA fly MCO-IAD: they fly MCO-DCA. Better to connect in ORD/PHL/JFK if you aren't able to stop.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 9:52 am

Programs: British Airways, Hilton
Originally Posted by pauldb
You won't be able to get the AA flight on the same reference. As I understand it, AA's old policy of protecting your connection in these circumstances still stands, though somewhat bizarrely they won't through-check your luggage.

That may be defunct though as I don't believe AA fly MCO-IAD: they fly MCO-DCA. Better to connect in ORD/PHL/JFK if you aren't able to stop.
Thanks - I'm not precious about going back via IAD so any of the other will suit. Shame about not being able to get bags through but flying MCO to one of these US airports then to LHR is almost as quick as MCO-LGW-LHR on the national express!
Old Jul 18, 2017, 2:30 pm

Programs: BAEC: Bronze. Skywards: Silver
Please don't shoot me, tried to use search but to no avail.

If I book using my 2-4-1 for a date at 365+ out, how do I then select the inbound as it hasn't yet been loaded into the system?

E.g 18/07/2018 outbound
Inbound 25/08/18
Old Jul 19, 2017, 1:04 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Round the World Open Jaw possible in practice?

I understand that open jaw trips are permissible (by phone) using the Amex 241 as long as the length of the open jaw is less than each of the two flights.

At least in theory that means that RTW trips such as LON-TYO / SFO-LON or LON-SYD / SCL-LON should be possible (according to a online great circle distance calculator - not sure how BA calculate the distances).

Wondering if anyone has tried this successfully or alternatively run into any unpublished rules or 'computer says no' problems trying to book these kinds of trips?

Thanks for any tips.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 1:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Melia Gold, Shangri-La Jade, BA Amex PP, Iberia+, Nandos Card
Originally Posted by dood125
Please don't shoot me, tried to use search but to no avail.

If I book using my 2-4-1 for a date at 365+ out, how do I then select the inbound as it hasn't yet been loaded into the system?

E.g 18/07/2018 outbound
Inbound 25/08/18
You need to call up as per the Wiki - it can't be done online. Also worth noting you can only book at T-355 not T-365.

Q: Can I book my outbound flight at 355 days and call back to add the return booking?
A: Yes, but you will need to call BA. Once availability shows, you can call to add the return leg – the BA policy is to waive the £35 change fee per passenger if the return was beyond the booking window when you booked the outbound, i.e. that you booked your outbound leg when seats became available at T-355.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 12:17 pm

Programs: BAEC, Flying Blue
Just a quickie to convey my thanks to all on FT, and specifically this thread as we are now all booked up via our 241. Out on our first first to San Diego, back in business from San Jose.
Cue 9 months of research and reading to maximise the experience.
Cheers all.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 7:23 am

Help please

It seems that while I have spent over £10k in the last 12 months, the dates for the BA voucher qualification don't match up exactly with my statement dates by about a week, so I was a few hundred £ short. Amex are now saying I will not get my 241 this year. Had they matched with the statement date / card anniversary I would have been fine.

Does anyone have any idea what to do here? Seems very unfair.

Thanks.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 7:31 am

Originally Posted by ba bob
Help please

It seems that while I have spent over £10k in the last 12 months, the dates for the BA voucher qualification don't match up exactly with my statement dates by about a week, so I was a few hundred £ short. Amex are now saying I will not get my 241 this year. Had they matched with the statement date / card anniversary I would have been fine.

Does anyone have any idea what to do here? Seems very unfair.

Thanks.
That is typical: my statement date is around the 27th but my card anniversary is May 3rd.

The website always shows: "spend another £xxx by dd-mmm-yy". Was this date shown consistent with the anniversary date they are now giving you (it presumably now shows the same date for your new card year.

If the information was correct online, I think unfortunately they are applying the T&Cs correctly and you aren't going to get around it.

Is there any chance that you refunded "last year" anything material from the prior year? If you had a refund of £100 of prior-year spend and then spent a fresh £10,050 then I expect their system (and the date-adjusted sum of your statements) would total to £9,950 but I think you might then have something to argue with them.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 8:26 am

I have a redemption booking for next month for four people using two Amex 241 vouchers which expire in August 2017 and August 2018 respectively.

I now intend to cancel this booking as we can no longer go.

However my Amex 241 for this year has triggered already (expires July 2019).

I know I cant have 3 vouchers on my account and I assume one of the three things will happen

The exp Aug 2017 voucher will disappear (no problem)
The exp Aug 2018 voucher will disappear (this would be a problem)
The exp Jul 2019 voucher will disappear (possibly to reappear when the exp Aug 2017 voucher expires?)

Should I worry? Do I need to do anything or just cancel the booking and see what happens?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.