Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA American Express 2-4-1 Voucher Discussion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA American Express 2-4-1 Voucher Discussion

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2019, 9:55 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by wilsnunn
In the T&Cs in the wiki it says:

Sorry if I have misinterpreted this?
Oh, has that changed? On the ba site it still says

https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...redit-cards/uk

21. All Companion Voucher bookings must originate and return to the UK.
Old Dec 4, 2019, 10:05 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
Originally Posted by KARFA
Oh, has that changed? On the ba site it still says

https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...redit-cards/uk
It seems as though the T&Cs in the wiki are out of date then? On BA.com it says in a few places exactly as you quoted.

https://www.britishairways.com/trave...club/_gf/en_gb
https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...onditions.html
Old Dec 7, 2019, 7:08 pm

I've got a 241 booking with the return JFK-LHR-MAN. 2 seats have just opened on an earlier flight out of JFK. If I want to change to this flight and also to an earlier LHR-MAN flight would this be £35 per person per flight?

Also, would it just be a swap or would the flights need to be cancelled, avios refunded and then new flight booked? Would this be instant or would I need enough avios to cover the new flights while waiting for the original flights to be refunded?

Many Thanks
Old Dec 7, 2019, 8:17 pm

Originally Posted by tom31
I've got a 241 booking with the return JFK-LHR-MAN. 2 seats have just opened on an earlier flight out of JFK. If I want to change to this flight and also to an earlier LHR-MAN flight would this be £35 per person per flight?

Also, would it just be a swap or would the flights need to be cancelled, avios refunded and then new flight booked? Would this be instant or would I need enough avios to cover the new flights while waiting for the original flights to be refunded?

Many Thanks
The change fee is per ticket, not per flight.

And there is no cancel/refund involved. You are simply modifying your ticket, so you will owe any increase in avios and/or taxes/fees.
Old Dec 11, 2019, 7:01 am

Is anyone elses BA app (and availability checker online) showing an abundance of First availability? Mine is so I excitedly phoned BA to upgrade an existing CW booking to LAS only to find out there is no availability (and rather patronisingly told they only release a maximum of 2 first seats per flight so it's very rare to see availability).

I've since gone back to the BA website and, despite it still showing a load of First availability, when you actually click in to a particular date it does then say 'No Availability'. Sigh!
Old Dec 11, 2019, 7:43 am

Programs: BA, Hilton
Originally Posted by MH1981
Is anyone elses BA app (and availability checker online) showing an abundance of First availability? Mine is so I excitedly phoned BA to upgrade an existing CW booking to LAS only to find out there is no availability (and rather patronisingly told they only release a maximum of 2 first seats per flight so it's very rare to see availability).

I've since gone back to the BA website and, despite it still showing a load of First availability, when you actually click in to a particular date it does then say 'No Availability'. Sigh!
Had a quick look in the App (Android version) It's definitely "glitchy" to put it mildly. Broken might be more accurate

I was able to trivially reproduce your LAS case on arbitrary dates in April, showed as available in App but click through and dates have no avail.

Other random oddities include:

- BOS, which recently has had amongst the best F avail for North America, currently showing 0 return flights avail for even 1xF, despite 304 claimed outbound

- YUL claiming 80 outbound and 224 inbound days with at least 2xF seats. Impressive for a 3 class route (A number of 3 class routes seem to be showing F)

So it's not just you.
Old Dec 11, 2019, 7:53 am

Originally Posted by BertieBadger
Had a quick look in the App (Android version) It's definitely "glitchy" to put it mildly. Broken might be more accurate

I was able to trivially reproduce your LAS case on arbitrary dates in April, showed as available in App but click through and dates have no avail.

Other random oddities include:

- BOS, which recently has had amongst the best F avail for North America, currently showing 0 return flights avail for even 1xF, despite 304 claimed outbound

- YUL claiming 80 outbound and 224 inbound days with at least 2xF seats. Impressive for a 3 class route (A number of 3 class routes seem to be showing F)

So it's not just you.
Thanks for the quick reply and confirming I'm not going mad. I've got 62 J/K reserved so I'll settle for that and hope for a refurbished bird.
BertieBadger likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2019, 6:13 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by MH1981

I'm having this problem too, trying to use up a 2-4-1 before it expires and the reward finder is showing lots of F availability but then when I select the dates only CW is actually available.
Old Dec 13, 2019, 6:16 am

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by Tiffywren
I'm having this problem too, trying to use up a 2-4-1 before it expires and the reward finder is showing lots of F availability but then when I select the dates only CW is actually available.

This is a known issue at the moment - I use Reward Flight Finder and they sent an email out to their entire mailing list to explain a mass of F availability emails were sent out for seats which don't exist. This is a problem with BA's IT (no surprise) but they don't seem to have made any swift fixes...
Tiffywren likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2019, 4:07 am

Contact details for Japanese Call Centre

I hope to add a return flight this evening to an existing outbound and aim to try calling Japan at midnight GMT as per the Wiki. Do I just phone the booking line ir dies it have to be a specific number. Any advice on which number to call would be greatly appreciated
Old Dec 14, 2019, 4:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
T-355 and just bravely booked an outbound leg only (CE/CW, JER-UK-CPT). Now to chew my fingernails for a couple of weeks to try to book the return! I do like to have things sewn up neatly ... this is an alien process!!
Old Dec 14, 2019, 4:53 am

Originally Posted by T8191
T-355 and just bravely booked an outbound leg only (CE/CW, JER-UK-CPT). Now to chew my fingernails for a couple of weeks to try to book the return! I do like to have things sewn up neatly ... this is an alien process!!
I was in the same boat.

I was not able to get a CPT return on the date I wanted but was able to book return from Joburg which would have involved buying a CPT - Joburg ticket. I them patiently waited for 2 CPT Club seats to pop up on the date I wanted and after 2 months they finally surfaced. A quick call to BA resulted in them cancelling my Joburg return and getting us on the CPT return for a charge of £35/ticket.

Could be worth considering if you are not able to get your CPT return.
T8191 likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2019, 4:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
marcro, thanks for that thought. We're fairly flexible on the return, so if we have to stay in the Western Cape for a few extra days we'll just put up with it.
Old Dec 15, 2019, 3:16 am

Return Flight Added

Originally Posted by Definitas
I hope to add a return flight this evening to an existing outbound and aim to try calling Japan at midnight GMT as per the Wiki. Do I just phone the booking line ir dies it have to be a specific number. Any advice on which number to call would be greatly appreciated
I couldn’t phone Japan because, according to the BA contact page, the office is closed at weekends. I phoned the US office at midnight GMT and was on hold for a few minutes. When the agent answered, I explained what I wanted to do and she said I had to be transferred. After a brief period of silence I was transferred to the call centre in India. The Indian agent was extremely efficient and knew exactly what to do to add the return to my 2-4-1. She said she would “grab” the seats immediately to secure them and then we would go through the details. She took me through security questions, confirmed flight details, recalculated taxes (correctly), gave me all of the necessary information about e-ticket re-issue and the whole process took just a few minutes. I have been critical of the call centre in the past (with just cause) but on this occasion it was faultless
toothy likes this.
Old Dec 28, 2019, 4:48 am

I have a question regard the possible use of 2-4-1 voucher for LHR-LAX-HNL-LAX-LHR.
Can I use the 2-4-1 on the LHR-LAX and LAX-LHR sectors. There is availability for my dates and then use points to the sectors on AA (there is a BA codeshare ref).
I know I could separate the bookings but with connecting at LAX I would prefer both BA and AA flights on the same PNR.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.