Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA American Express 2-4-1 Voucher Discussion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA American Express 2-4-1 Voucher Discussion

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2017, 5:48 am

Originally Posted by pauldb
I would agree with your position, specifically that BA have not reimbursed you all the costs of the return leg. They aren't going to give you half a 241 voucher, so I would push for the equivalent avios: another 20k or go to CEDR for the equivalent money value. (I don't think the Asia value is relevant: you are entitled to reimbursement of what you paid for the KLX trip).

Do you mean you aren't pursuing EU261 cancellation compensation for this? €400 x 4 would surely be a better priority.
I have pursued EU261 and BA have confirmed that they will be paying this at €400 x 4 (though I haven't received the cash yet). As I understand it, this is compensation but I should also be entitled to a refund of the cancelled return flight. I haven't (and don't intend) to claim for Thomas
Cook Airlines flight I had to buy on my own as I would prefer Avios / equivalent cash back / return of Amex 241 voucher.
Old Jun 15, 2017, 5:52 am

Programs: BA, IHG, 5C
Originally Posted by Mergetrip
I have pursued EU261 and BA have confirmed that they will be paying this at €400 x 4 (though I haven't received the cash yet). As I understand it, this is compensation but I should also be entitled to a refund of the cancelled return flight. I haven't (and don't intend) to claim for Thomas
Cook Airlines flight I had to buy on my own as I would prefer Avios / equivalent cash back / return of Amex 241 voucher.
Yes I would agree you are entitled to both - just checking you weren't missing the bigger element!

Interesting question as to whether travel insurance would pick up your replacement flight cost - perhaps not if, in the end, it was your choice to cancel rather than accept BA's rerouting but you could argue it was no a suitable option.
Old Jun 15, 2017, 6:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Originally Posted by LSunbury
Yes, thanks - mea culpa.

I just re-ran it and selected the correct JER flight to ensure an under 24 hour connection and it came back at Ł787.
Remember that on the return you don't need to go back to JER (and you'll save a small amount if you don't).
Old Jun 16, 2017, 8:35 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL & CCR / QF LTG
I thought I read in another thread that non UK offices will no longer add a return leg to an outbound booking that was made 355 days out. I was planning to call Japan / USA at 01:00 BST to ensure I get the seats. Does anyone know if this can still be done?
Old Jun 17, 2017, 12:12 am

I did it about a month ago without any problems.
Old Jun 17, 2017, 2:05 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Hilton Honors Gold
Originally Posted by Jase76
I thought I read in another thread that non UK offices will no longer add a return leg to an outbound booking that was made 355 days out. I was planning to call Japan / USA at 01:00 BST to ensure I get the seats. Does anyone know if this can still be done?
I read something similar (on HFP blog mostly not FT) but I had no problems a couple of weeks ago. I called the toll free US line via Skype and got put through to India I believe. The agent I got was very helpful and friendly and knew what they were doing. Remember no change fees should be charged.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 5:04 am

Programs: BAEC GGL & CCR / QF LTG
Originally Posted by wheatbeer
I read something similar (on HFP blog mostly not FT) but I had no problems a couple of weeks ago. I called the toll free US line via Skype and got put through to India I believe. The agent I got was very helpful and friendly and knew what they were doing. Remember no change fees should be charged.
Called the Japan office at 01:00 BST and all went smoothly. Was able to add the return Avios seats without any issues - very efficient service. Japan could not do the taxes or deduct the Avios and was advised to contact the UK call centre to have this done. Again, all worked fine and it was pointed out that no change fee applies, so I didn't even need to raise that point.
Old Jun 30, 2017, 12:11 pm

My country of residence is US, and I have earned three 241's. One expired, one is about to expire, and one expires in 14 months. My problem is that I live in Romania, and I have no desire to book reward travel from the US.

If I change my country of residence, will I be able to use the 241's earned while under the US country of residence? When I click on "Terms and Conditions" next to each 241 voucher, one condition is, "All travel must originate in and return to the US." Is the country hard-coded to the particular voucher, or is it just a pointer to my current country of residence?

Last edited by mhaines94108; Jun 30, 2017 at 12:20 pm
Old Jun 30, 2017, 1:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by mhaines94108
My country of residence is US, and I have earned three 241's. One expired, one is about to expire, and one expires in 14 months. My problem is that I live in Romania, and I have no desire to book reward travel from the US.

If I change my country of residence, will I be able to use the 241's earned while under the US country of residence? When I click on "Terms and Conditions" next to each 241 voucher, one condition is, "All travel must originate in and return to the US." Is the country hard-coded to the particular voucher, or is it just a pointer to my current country of residence?
If they are Chase vouchers then travel must begin in the US. If they are Chase vouchers and you change countries you will find that the vouchers will be grayed out and not selectable.
See also:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...l#post28429780
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...-accounts.html
Old Jul 2, 2017, 1:39 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton HHonors Gold
Quick question regarding open jaws...

I want to use a 241 voucher flying in to Las Vegas but fly out of another west coast city.

Do I read the FAQ rightly by saying that if I was to fly in to Vegas I would have to fly out of somewhere closer to London than Vegas, so Seattle or Vancouver would be ok but San Fran or LA would not?
Old Jul 2, 2017, 2:47 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by dalbyl
Quick question regarding open jaws...

I want to use a 241 voucher flying in to Las Vegas but fly out of another west coast city.

Do I read the FAQ rightly by saying that if I was to fly in to Vegas I would have to fly out of somewhere closer to London than Vegas, so Seattle or Vancouver would be ok but San Fran or LA would not?
For an open jaw with an amex voucher the restriction is that the jaw cannot be longer than any of the flights, so for example for LHR-XXX/YYY-LHR the distance for XXX to YYY must be shorter than each of LHR-XXX and YYY-LHR.
Old Jul 2, 2017, 3:08 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by KARFA
For an open jaw with an amex voucher the restriction is that the jaw cannot be longer than any of the flights, so for example for LHR-XXX/YYY-LHR the distance for XXX to YYY must be shorter than each of LHR-XXX and YYY-LHR.
Ahh! Got you, wonderful news! Thanks.
Old Jul 3, 2017, 3:41 am

Another random question -- I have read previously that, if you are Avios-rich, you can:
  • Book the outbound at T-355 at midnight online, using the 2-4-1 voucher
  • Book return leg tickets at T-355 at midnight online as a separate booking (note: this uses twice as much Avios as booking the outbound, as at this stage there is no 2-4-1 applied to the booking)
  • Call up BA later in the day once the UK call centre is open to have the two return tickets 'moved' to the 2-4-1 booking. This results in a partial Avios refund and a recalculation of the taxes payable (since there is now a return booking, rather than two one-way bookings).
Does anyone have any experience of having made this work?

Thanks in advance
Old Jul 3, 2017, 3:43 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by hearingdouble
Another random question -- I have read previously that, if you are Avios-rich, you can:
  • Book the outbound at T-355 at midnight online, using the 2-4-1 voucher
  • Book return leg tickets at T-355 at midnight online as a separate booking (note: this uses twice as much Avios as booking the outbound, as at this stage there is no 2-4-1 applied to the booking)
  • Call up BA later in the day once the UK call centre is open to have the two return tickets 'moved' to the 2-4-1 booking. This results in a partial Avios refund and a recalculation of the taxes payable (since there is now a return booking, rather than two one-way bookings).
Does anyone have any experience of having made this work?

Thanks in advance
In your second step why not just add them in to the 2-4-1 at that stage? This is what most people do.
Old Jul 3, 2017, 3:51 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
In your second step why not just add them in to the 2-4-1 at that stage? This is what most people do.
The logic here is that you aren't a hostage to fortune of getting a good telephone agent at midnight. You can bag the return seats online yourself by 12:01. You can then speak to the agent to sort it out later in the day, when there's no urgency.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.