FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   "We’re looking forward to welcoming you at London Gatwick next time you fly with us" (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1837882-we-re-looking-forward-welcoming-you-london-gatwick-next-time-you-fly-us.html)

Passmethesickbag Apr 20, 2017 5:54 am

"We’re looking forward to welcoming you at London Gatwick next time you fly with us"

...says the e-mail I just received. It appears that it's meant as a blurb for the South Terminal. But how badly phrased! I immediately went to double-check my next reservation to see if my recollection that it is scheduled out of LHR T5 was correct (it was). But I wonder how many passengers will be heading to the wrong airport in response to this e-mail, and how sympathetic BA will be?

PWOZUK Apr 20, 2017 6:12 am

Well I wont be heading to LGW either, despite receiving this same BA email, as my next flight, clearly identified in MMB, is to Stavanger!

ThatT1Feeling Apr 20, 2017 6:13 am

Exactly my thoughts!! I had a mild panic as my next 3 BA flights are T5, T3 and T3 all during the next 10 days.

I do have an LGW flight in June but I was briefly confused as to whether I had an LGW flight before tomorrow evening when I am off to EWR. They really should re-read these emails with the recipient in mind before they press send :)

710 77345 Apr 20, 2017 6:15 am

Mine was entitled "London Gatwick is having its moment" but said that lounge access is available to "British Airways Gold and Silver Members, Club World business class and First passengers." Glad I'm not a statusless CE passenger :)

rapidex Apr 20, 2017 6:19 am

I received the same e-mail.Perhaps because I have a reservation in July to JER to see Uncle T.Otherwise I try to avoid LGW.

simonrp84 Apr 20, 2017 6:20 am

klmml Apr 20, 2017 6:37 am

I got this, with the "having its moment" subject line, and no mention of how long it has been since I last flew from there (getting on for three years, I reckon).

T8191 Apr 20, 2017 6:43 am

As I went through LGW(S) last week, the email went straight into "Trash" ;)

layz Apr 20, 2017 6:53 am

I got this email today and I'm flying from LGW tomorrow, I thought it was linked to that but it's a coincidence.

South London Bon Viveur Apr 20, 2017 7:01 am

I really want to try the new lounges, but I avoid LGW for any long haul because of the state of the Gatters 777 fleet, and on many of the routes that I fly most often, LHR either offers the best or sometimes the only option.

Lefly Apr 20, 2017 8:09 am

Originally Posted by 710 77345 (Post 28204771)
Mine was entitled "London Gatwick is having its moment"

Mine & Husband one too. Telling us that "Since you last travelled with British Airways from London Gatwick..."
Pity my husband has never been at LGW :rolleyes:

IMetThePieMan Apr 20, 2017 8:14 am

Originally Posted by Lefly (Post 28205211)
Mine & Husband one too. Telling us that "Since you last travelled with British Airways from London Gatwick..."
Pity my husband has never been at LGW :rolleyes:

I've never flown from LGW with BA either, but somehow managed to get this email!

dsf Apr 20, 2017 8:17 am

Originally Posted by BA
You’ll notice a lot has changed. Firstly, we’re closer to Gatwick train station, so you can save time and money with direct access to the airport.

Anyone able to tell me how this will save me money? Does the monorail cost now?

AndreaMD Apr 20, 2017 8:18 am

Hi guys! received that one too this morning.
What really worries me is the "official" comparison to Easyjet and Ryanair at the bottom of it...

< We’re proud to let you know that we were more punctual than Ryanair and Easyjet on short haul departures from London Gatwick in 2016 >

TravellerFrequently Apr 20, 2017 8:23 am

As much as I prefer to avoid LGW, the change to the South terminal and the new lounges will make my RAK trip a little more enjoyable.