Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

"We’re looking forward to welcoming you at London Gatwick next time you fly with us"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"We’re looking forward to welcoming you at London Gatwick next time you fly with us"

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2017, 12:20 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, Accor Gold
I got the "Since you last travelled with British Airways from London Gatwick, we’ve moved to the South terminal and invested a great deal to improve your journey through the airport."

Pretty amazing given that I last travelled through Gatwick on Monday and it's only Thursday now. Had to have some coffee before re-reading!
Old Apr 20, 2017, 2:10 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Originally Posted by TravellerFrequently
As much as I prefer to avoid LGW, the change to the South terminal and the new lounges will make my RAK trip a little more enjoyable.
RAK is a bit nicer too (jet bridges) and a new lounge opposite the gate but still a poor lounge..

LGW has gone from my one to avoid list to good for departing only..
Old Apr 20, 2017, 4:09 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club Gold
I use Gatwick every 6-8 weeks and have now done my 3rd flight since the move to the South terminal. Next Departure is beginning of May.

But I never got the email - is it of any interest? Worth posting in full?
Old Apr 21, 2017, 2:50 am

Programs: BA Silver, * Alliance Gold, Emirates Gold AMEX Plat'm, Marriott Titan'm, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by AndreaMD
Hi guys! received that one too this morning.
What really worries me is the "official" comparison to Easyjet and Ryanair at the bottom of it...

< We’re proud to let you know that we were more punctual than Ryanair and Easyjet on short haul departures from London Gatwick in 2016 >
At least it's better than saying <we've turned BA into a LLC like Easyjet & Ryanair and we're proud to let you know we're still more expensive than them>
Old Apr 21, 2017, 4:42 am
Suspended

Programs: BAEC, IHG, HH, AZ MilleMiglia, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by ComputerCommuter
At least it's better than saying <we've turned BA into a LLC like Easyjet & Ryanair and we're proud to let you know we're still more expensive than them>
ahahah fair enough!! I am afraid the more Alex Cruz stays the more we will see such comparisons though...
Old Apr 23, 2017, 7:27 am

The reason my wife and I stopped using LGW is that BA, in their wisdom
, stopped all flights from MAN To LGW.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 4:43 am

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Amusingly, the e-mail managed to find its way into my spam folder.

Originally Posted by dmsmith70
But I never got the email - is it of any interest? Worth posting in full?
No and probably not, but:

We’re looking forward to welcoming you at London Gatwick next time you fly with us.

You’ll notice a lot has changed, now that we’ve moved to the South Terminal. We’re closer to the train station if you choose to arrive directly into the terminal.

Come and try our new stylish and discreet premium check-in. If you’ve already checked in, you can beat the queues by choosing to use one of our new self-service bag drop machines - tag and drop your bags quickly and easily, then head through Fast Track Security.

Make your way to our new luxurious lounges and get busy relaxing. With sweeping views of the runway, the larger and more spacious First and Club Lounges feature improved dining, a bar, complimentary Wi-Fi, showers, washrooms and a kids’ zone.

We have lots of new and exciting destinations that you can fly to from Gatwick, such as Fort Lauderdale, Oakland, Cape Town, Lima, Costa Rica and Limoges, plus extra services to Mauritius.

We’re proud to let you know that we were more punctual than Ryanair and Easyjet on short haul departures from London Gatwick in 2016.*

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.