BA Lounge access 16 year old

Old Apr 20, 2017, 4:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Ex Marco Polo Club
BA Lounge access 16 year old

Hi, I have a 16 year old travelling in business alone but he looks quite old for his age. I was wondering how strict they are on the age and how often they ask for proof of age when trying to access the lounge?
Old Apr 20, 2017, 4:25 am

My son is 2 months from his 18th,and looks 18 and got in.When he was 16 he was denied entry.His answer was to find an adult downstairs and guest him in.He did come clean to said person and told him he would need to supervise,but he wasn't going to drink alcohol so it was a non issue.

Ba is very strict if they find out.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 4:29 am

Programs: BA Exec Gold , Qatar Priviledge Club Plat
All depends where the lounge is located , certain lounges are very strict within the BA network and other could not care less if he was 12 and got smashed with Vodka. My son is 17 and travels alone a lot , only place he has trouble getting into lounges is in the Middle East , especially Dubai.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 4:29 am

Programs: BA GGL
My daughter couldn't get in to GF in T5 when she was 16 (they were very strict about it), but had no problem at the regional airports she tried (Glasgow and Edinburgh).
Old Apr 20, 2017, 4:47 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Depends on the airport. Don't even think about it in the USA, the walls of civilisation will surely tumble. However at Kennedy T7 they may get a CCR invite instead. Other places may or may not be more relaxed about it, depending on the perceived maturity of the passenger.
IAMORGAN likes this.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 4:58 am

Programs: BA, TK, HHonours, Le Club, Best Western Rewards
Originally Posted by rapidex
My son is 2 months from his 18th,and looks 18 and got in.When he was 16 he was denied entry.His answer was to find an adult downstairs and guest him in.He did come clean to said person and told him he would need to supervise,but he wasn't going to drink alcohol so it was a non issue.

Clever lad, he will go far (if you will excuse the pun).
Old Apr 20, 2017, 5:50 am

Originally Posted by Worcester
Clever lad, he will go far (if you will excuse the pun).
Sheffield University he hopesOn his recent CE flight to NCE when some DYK muttered about row 1 being for golds(B767) he whipped out his gold card and replied "Golds like this" before settling in his seat and accepting a "stiffener* from the cc.Well,he was of to meet his French girlfriends parents for the first time.^
RockyRobin likes this.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 6:41 am

Programs: BAEC - Gold, IHG - Spire Ambassador
My eldest son is 14 and looks it. They let him into the lounge in Madrid on his own in January.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 6:44 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM

To me, this is scary. When teens are traveling alone, they shouldn't be approaching random adults to ask for a favor. If they pick the wrong adult, bad things could happen.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 6:49 am

Programs: BAEC Blue, Flying Blue Silver, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
To me, this is scary. When teens are traveling alone, they shouldn't be approaching random adults to ask for a favor. If they pick the wrong adult, bad things could happen.
I can't see a huge amount going wrong in a busy airport lounge, where the only way to exit the building is by aircraft?
Old Apr 20, 2017, 7:02 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
He can handle himself without any problem.He is captain of diving,a ski leader and a climbing instructor.if someone tried something on him they would come off worst.There are few weapons in the secure are and lots of police.
RockyRobin likes this.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 8:25 am

Programs: not a lot
He can handle himself without any problem.He is captain of diving,a ski leader and a climbing instructor.if someone tried something on him they would come off worst.There are few weapons in the secure are and lots of police.
Airports (especially Lounges) seem to be full of absolute weapons.
nancypants and The Geek like this.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 8:31 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
Equally, if the OP puts the date and departure airport, if someone was feeling charitable on here they may meet and accompany him in, with parents knowing who they are.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 8:38 am

Originally Posted by LiviLion
Airports (especially Lounges) seem to be full of absolute weapons.
Indeed,as fast as security removes them,lounge staff pass out alternatives.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 8:53 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
Indeed,as fast as security removes them,lounge staff pass out alternatives.
Indeed, I once took a flight straight from work and had left my knife and fork in my bag without thinking about it, went through LHR security where they were removed as 'dangerous weapons, to be given a knife and fork in the CCR ⌗Ironic

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.