Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

No drinks apart from coffee and tea [proactively offered] in CE? [breakfast service]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No drinks apart from coffee and tea [proactively offered] in CE? [breakfast service]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2017, 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
.. which is where this all started. It is there - ask for it!
I never have a problem asking for champagne! If I remember rightly a couple of others asked after they saw me indulging in a champagne breakfast.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 4:17 pm

Programs: BA Silver, VS Silver
Just veering slightly OT but I've recently been rebutted at the CCR bar at breakfast time. Upon asking for the cocktail menu I was told that they couldn't serve any alcoholic cocktails at that time of the morning (8am approx) because of their license! I was happy with a non alcoholic cocktail but I wonder if this is entirely true as (a) licensing laws are different airside, (b) 24 hour licensing is normal in England!
Old Apr 21, 2017, 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by bd95
Just veering slightly OT but I've recently been rebutted at the CCR bar at breakfast time. Upon asking for the cocktail menu I was told that they couldn't serve any alcoholic cocktails at that time of the morning (8am approx) because of their license! I was happy with a non alcoholic cocktail but I wonder if this is entirely true as (a) licensing laws are different airside, (b) 24 hour licensing is normal in England!
I had an expresso martini at approximately 9.30am

They made a little smile on it with 2 coffee beans for eyes
Old Apr 22, 2017, 1:42 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
This is wrong in a number of ways. I can only presume you were served by a very new staff member who was unfamiliar with how things are done. Alcohol is available at all times the CCR is open.
Old Apr 22, 2017, 1:44 am

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
This is wrong in a number of ways. I can only presume you were served by a very new staff member who was unfamiliar with how things are done. Alcohol is available at all times the CCR is open.
And that is from the expert^
Old Apr 22, 2017, 3:16 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Just veering slightly OT but I've recently been rebutted at the CCR bar at breakfast time.
This wasn't Good Friday was it?
Old Apr 22, 2017, 4:04 am

Programs: I don't fly enough
Different in so far as they don't exist!
Old Apr 22, 2017, 4:14 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by Leeski
Different in so far as they don't exist!
Are you referring to the cocktail menu? If so, there is a cocktail menu. Ask a waiter or go to the bar.
Old Apr 22, 2017, 4:25 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
A total abstainer writes:

I am loving all these helpful tips on how to ask for a drink. Never thought it was so complicated!
+1 ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.