Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Earliest Time To Check Bag in LHR Terminal 3

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2017, 8:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite

All,

Is there an earliest time before a flight (same day) that you can check a bag at LHR T3? CE/OWE if it matters.

I am arriving from JFK in the early AM and continuing to WAW in the afternoon. I am batting 0% at having my bag make the AA to BA connection at T3, so I am now resorting to only checking my bag to LHR and checking it in myself. Would like to get it checked in about 6 hours before flight time.

Thanks!
Old Apr 17, 2017, 8:37 am

Programs: BA Gold & HH Silver
If it's all on one ticket, check it through, I don't see any issues with that particular connection, but as OWE in CE you can check in at anytime the same day.
Old Apr 17, 2017, 8:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by BLHD
If it's all on one ticket, check it through, I don't see any issues with that particular connection, but as OWE in CE you can check in at anytime the same day.
I have no confidence in the AA to BA T3 to T3 bag transfer. I have done this connection five times in the past year and my bag has never made the connection. Frankly, I am tired of visiting the lost baggage office in WAW. Although, in fairness, the bag always arrives the next day, I don't need that level of stress in my life.
Old Apr 17, 2017, 8:44 am

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Tesco Blue, TK Elite (*G), Oyster Diamond Jubilee edition
You can check your bag in at any time in CE from 05:00 onwards.
Old Apr 17, 2017, 8:46 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
This of course assumes you can get AA to actually short check the bag to LHR only, they're pretty strict from most places in the US these days it seems.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.