Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Taking the Highland Spring (glass) bottles from the lounge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2017, 7:21 am
Original Poster

First time I've seen this, a guy picked up a large unopened glass bottle of water, opened it and took a swig from the bottle, then walked out with the whole thing

Acceptable?
Old Apr 17, 2017, 7:23 am

Programs: MUCCI, British Airways Executive Club Gold
Originally Posted by BAflyer90
First time I've seen this, a guy picked up a large unopened glass bottle of water, opened it and took a swig from the bottle, then walked out with the whole thing

Acceptable?
No...I don't think so. Would it be acceptable to fill your own water bottle?
Old Apr 17, 2017, 7:29 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
If he took a swig from the bottle I wouldn't really want him to put it back either!

Seriously though, we have these threads every now and again. Theft is wrong but different people appear to have different views on the definition of 'theft'.

Last edited by golfmad; Apr 17, 2017 at 8:51 am
Old Apr 17, 2017, 7:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
NOT acceptable.
Old Apr 17, 2017, 7:36 am

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Interestingly when I was flying recently, someone whipped one of those out of their bag and my first thought was, "that must come from the lounge!"

I don't think so in this case, but the thought crossed my mind!
Old Apr 17, 2017, 7:40 am
V10

Programs: MUCCI Gold
Not acceptable, and it reflects poorly on the individuals concerned. You never know when paths might cross in future.

Sadly it's reflective of the self-entitled and wholly self-absorbed mindset of many frequent travellers these days.
Old Apr 17, 2017, 7:43 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
No. Not polite at all.

As an aside, in my opinion all lounges should offer small take-away water bottles
Old Apr 17, 2017, 7:45 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold), SPG (Lifetime Plat), Star Alliance, One World, Virgin (Gold)
If it was a small plastic bottle of water that was taken, (and I know there are non in the lounge) would a thread have been created?

I usually take a bag of crisps... and I always say thank you on exiting the lounge...
Old Apr 17, 2017, 7:51 am
Original Poster

Sorry for starting another thread like this

My personal opinion is this behaviour is selfish. A small bottle or can of drink (singular) or a personal snack (e.g crisps) is fair game to be removed from the lounge. But not something in its entirety which is clearly intended to be shared between anyone using the lounge.

I don't think there's anything BA can or should do to prevent it, but as mentioned above it does shows character.
Old Apr 17, 2017, 7:55 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
He probably plans to sell the bottle on eBay.
Old Apr 17, 2017, 7:56 am

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Premier Owl
If it was a small plastic bottle of water that was taken, (and I know there are non in the lounge) would a thread have been created?

I usually take a bag of crisps... and I always say thank you on exiting the lounge...
It would be nice if the lounges provided bottled water to go but even better if there was a bottle filling station. In the meantime there is the c-w-s guide: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ighlight=water
Old Apr 17, 2017, 8:07 am

Programs: BA, TK, HHonours, Le Club, Best Western Rewards
It always struck me that one of those broken would make quite an effective weapon, certainly more so than the nail clippers they confiscate at security.
Old Apr 17, 2017, 8:21 am

Programs: BA BLUE BADGE
Wouldn't do it myself but can understand why others would, rather than pay for water onboard.
Old Apr 17, 2017, 8:30 am

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Lioneye
Wouldn't do it myself but can understand why others would, rather than pay for water onboard.
+1 BOB has a lot to answer for
Old Apr 17, 2017, 8:37 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by binman
+1 BOB has a lot to answer for
Really? The change of commercial terms by an airline is a valid reason for theft?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.