Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Taking the Highland Spring (glass) bottles from the lounge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Taking the Highland Spring (glass) bottles from the lounge

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2017, 7:42 am

Programs: I am a lowly ant
Originally Posted by HIDDY
I've heard no reports of economy passengers with no status dropping like flies through malnutrition or dehydration on arrival at their destination.
I have one. Charter flight to Cancun, middle-aged lady in front of me, presumably dehydrated and disoriented, fell down the stairs on arrival. We found out on the return flight that she had died.
Old May 3, 2017, 7:47 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by meester69
I have one. Charter flight to Cancun, middle-aged lady in front of me, presumably dehydrated and disoriented, fell down the stairs on arrival. We found out on the return flight that she had died.
She died because of dehydration on the flight? Was there nothing to drink onboard at all?
Old May 3, 2017, 7:49 am

Programs: I am a lowly ant
Originally Posted by KARFA
She died because of dehydration on the flight? Was there nothing to drink onboard at all?
BOB. I suspect lots of people drink less than they should when water is Ł10/litre.
Old May 3, 2017, 9:19 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by meester69
More likely to have been pissed if you ask me.
Old May 7, 2017, 11:28 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold), SPG (Lifetime Plat), Star Alliance, One World, Virgin (Gold)
I am seeing more people bringing there own food, drinks and alcohol on board.
Old May 7, 2017, 11:31 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold), SPG (Lifetime Plat), Star Alliance, One World, Virgin (Gold)
I have seen more passengers bring their own food, drink and alcohol on board since BOB.
Old May 7, 2017, 11:33 am

Programs: KLM Flying Blue Platinum for Life.. BA Gold , oh and some other shiny bits of plastic ...
Originally Posted by Premier Owl
I am seeing more people bringing their own food, drinks and alcohol on board.
same here ... and the rubbish they leave is filling the seatback pockets for the return leg ..
Old May 7, 2017, 11:34 am

Programs: Hilton HHonors, BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by Premier Owl
I have seen more passengers bring their own food, drink and alcohol on board since BOB.
Don't think that's an exclusive observation mind
Old May 7, 2017, 11:59 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by psollitt
same here ... and the rubbish they leave is filling the seatback pockets for the return leg ..
Of course in FT code that means its not BA's responsibility to clean their planes between flights and these offenders should be banned etc etc.
Old May 7, 2017, 12:29 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
I heard recently that the extra rubbish (from people bringing their own stuff / meals etc) to take off planes is costing BA quite a bit.
Old May 7, 2017, 1:38 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, United 1K, BA Blue, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by chris1979
I heard recently that the extra rubbish (from people bringing their own stuff / meals etc) to take off planes is costing BA quite a bit.
Alex Cruz said that customers like the choice and they are choosing to bring stuff on instead of buying M&S grub BA is peddling. Who wudda thunk it
Old May 7, 2017, 1:46 pm

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze
When I fly BA again I will be taking a picture of all my T5 buys on board. Should look more interesting than BA food uploads = )
Old May 8, 2017, 4:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
As seen very recently in the BHX Aspire lounge by a fellow FT-er ...

Attached Images  
Old May 8, 2017, 7:46 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, United 1K, BA Blue, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by T8191
As seen very recently in the BHX Aspire lounge by a fellow FT-er ....
You can remove them from the lounge, but only in your stomach
Old May 8, 2017, 8:05 am

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze
Originally Posted by T8191
As seen very recently in the BHX Aspire lounge by a fellow FT-er ...

I guess it is best to binge in the lounge so you don't get hungry or thirsty on the plane!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.