Wiki Posts
Search

Bloody ballet exams

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2017, 11:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: I am a lowly ant
Bloody ballet exams

Had to book separate flights for my son & daughter from London to Indonesia. Son: £510 return (out on 6th July, last possible day before prices double). Daughter can't go with him, because she has a ballet exam considerately scheduled during (private) school holidays, so she has to wait at least 10 days later, when the price would be £1853, returning the same day as her brother.

Or wait 3 days more and the price falls to 'only' £1104 return, which I believe is the lowest fare till some time in August.
Old Apr 16, 2017, 11:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Leave the kid, reschedule the exam, or use miles for the trip.
Old Apr 16, 2017, 11:20 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Any overseas test centre nearer to Indonesia for your daughter's ballet exam you can use?
Old Apr 16, 2017, 11:20 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Is there a question?
Old Apr 16, 2017, 11:23 am

Programs: BAEC
I presume these are economy class prices? I don't know where you're headed in Indonesia but check Google flights. You should certainly be able to find something for sub £1k in Y.
Old Apr 16, 2017, 11:25 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LondonElite
Is there a question?
Is there supposed to be?
Old Apr 16, 2017, 11:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by shefgab
I presume these are economy class prices? I don't know where you're headed in Indonesia but check Google flights. You should certainly be able to find something for sub £1k in Y.
Yeah it's actually slightly more complicated as she would be UAM without her brother so she can basically only fly on SQ (or with her brother, or her mother, who is flying the week later), because BA enhanced away their UAM service a while ago. But basically £1k is pretty much the standard price from past experience once you get past the first very few days of July.
Old Apr 16, 2017, 11:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
What's this got to do with BA? There's some MH flights around £1k to DPS
Old Apr 16, 2017, 11:45 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by meester69
Yeah it's actually slightly more complicated as she would be UAM without her brother so she can basically only fly on SQ (or with her brother, or her mother, who is flying the week later), because BA enhanced away their UAM service a while ago. But basically £1k is pretty much the standard price from past experience once you get past the first very few days of July.
So this isn't even a BA issue? Or are you trying to stay on oneworld, and want some advice on how to reduce the cost whilst maintaining OW benefits? As others have said, what's the question you need help with or is this just an observation on generic airline pricing?
Old Apr 16, 2017, 11:47 am

Do the ballet exam at a later date. They are regularly held and even if she is on track for a professional career it will make no difference at all.
Old Apr 16, 2017, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Reschedule/cancel exam, both fly out on the 6th.
Old Apr 16, 2017, 12:19 pm
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
See if you can find a fare with QR for less - they offer an UAM service I believe.

M
Old Apr 16, 2017, 12:20 pm

Programs: BA silver
They must be used to having children being on holiday when they schedule the ballet exams. Just tell them you are away.
Old Apr 16, 2017, 12:22 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Maybe post #1 should be moved here?

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...thread-50.html
Old Apr 16, 2017, 12:43 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by meester69
Cathay also do a UM service.

The other thing you can do is put the dates and fares on to see if the assembled congregation can improve on it. However I couldn't guarantee that the young lady won't face suggestions involving HNL or SVG.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.