FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   How do I get ... frustrated (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1836935-how-do-i-get-frustrated.html)

khandheria Apr 15, 2017 4:37 pm

How do I get ... frustrated

Gold Status holder with over 1 million miles< trying for redemption flights in first for June to Rome and, December to JNB - No availability .. checking daily
Cabin in first and business is wide open for revenue
Any ideas on how I can get award seats

navylad Apr 15, 2017 4:40 pm

6 Attachment(s)
Ahead of the official welcome party (who you may have catched and will be along shortly or may welcome you in the morning), may I warmly welcome you to FT and to the BAEC forum in particular.

If you are a BA Gold member, you can use double Avios to get a seat...

Originally Posted by BA Gold Benefits
If there is no availability in your chosen cabin or on the flight, with the Gold Priority Reward you have the option of using double the regular Avios to secure a seat of your choice on the flight, providing you book 30 days or more in advance. All you have to do is call us to make the arrangements.

But there seams to be reasonable availability form London to your destinations at the moment if your reasonable flexible.

This is what it is currently showing me for available dates in June to Rome in Economy

Attachment 30779

And in Business

Attachment 30778

And for JNB

Attachment 30780
Attachment 30783
Attachment 30781
Attachment 30783

How many seats are you looking for?

p.s. no idea why FT is displaying one of the JNBs twice, it only shows 4 pictures attached in the script.

FeedbirdNiner Apr 15, 2017 4:42 pm

How many seats, and what dates are you looking at? I put in June 1st +/- 3 days and immediately saw redemption available for LHR-FCO - although I was only searching for 1 seat.

Edited to welcome your first post on FlyerTalk khandheria! I'm not sure if that's a record, 13 years between joining and posting - but it's good to see you've become active!

khandheria Apr 15, 2017 5:05 pm

Thank You

2 seats in first on june 21 using redemption voucher, return on 25 or 26 June

khandheria Apr 15, 2017 5:06 pm

what website is that?

navylad Apr 15, 2017 5:16 pm

Originally Posted by khandheria (Post 28184128)
what website is that?

BA's website

Originally Posted by khandheria (Post 28184122)
2 seats in first on june 21 using redemption voucher, return on 25 or 26 June

There is only Economy (Eurotraveler) or Business (Club Europe) to Rome on BA, no first unless your not travelling from London?

shefgab Apr 15, 2017 5:16 pm

what website is that?

I believe that is www.britishairways.com!

Virazuno Apr 15, 2017 5:57 pm

what website is that?

You have >1 million Avios, and you don't know about the reward calendar? Or what BA.com looks like?! :eek:

Welcome to FT. Your BA life has just gotten a lot, lot better! :D

HilFly Apr 15, 2017 6:18 pm

Originally Posted by Virazuno (Post 28184256)
You have >1 million Avios, and you don't know about the reward calendar? Or what BA.com looks like?! :eek:

Welcome to FT. Your BA life has just gotten a lot, lot better! :D

I've got 1.5 million avios and I've never seen that either. Maybe we see something different when we log in from not UK.

khandheria Apr 15, 2017 6:57 pm

Avios

Have hardly done much with redemption and, through gold line so did not know that the calendar existed

Maluku_Flyer Apr 15, 2017 6:57 pm

Originally Posted by HilFly (Post 28184321)

Welcome to the club. :)

skippythelizard Apr 15, 2017 7:01 pm

I've got 1.5 million avios and I've never seen that either. Maybe we see something different when we log in from not UK.

Yes, you need to manually change your country on the website to UK in order to get to these pages. Your account stays in your current country, you just change the website country option.

CPH-Flyer Apr 15, 2017 7:53 pm

Side question now that we are at the topic of the award calendar, do you need to have the necessary AVIOS in your account to use the search function?

corporate-wage-slave Apr 15, 2017 11:08 pm

So a welcome and a congratulations.

Originally Posted by khandheria (Post 28184049)
Any ideas on how I can get award seats

Welcome to Flyertalk khandheria, and welcome to the BA Board. You have absolutely come to the right place, and if you haven't found a set of dates that works for you by all means consider a Gold Priority Reward. If conventional availability shows up a day or more before departure - and availability in the 2-4 days timeframe is quite common - you can cancel the GPR and book the normal redemption. That said, BA's routes to SA are often very full. Don't overlook the LGW-CPT and the Iberia services too.

And congratulations on 5000 posts, HilFly, your contributions here are always worth reading.

mikeyfly Apr 16, 2017 3:07 am

Welcome OP :) took you 13 years to make post one ;)