How do I get ... frustrated

Old Apr 16, 2017, 3:12 am

Programs: BA Gold, *A Gold, IHG Platinum
Its pretty annoying that when the Exec Club was enhanced a couple of years back, the only benefit they could come up with was they were making more reward seats available.... yet fast forward to now and there doesn't appear to be any more availability than before.
Old Apr 16, 2017, 3:20 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by jwhite9185
Its pretty annoying that when the Exec Club was enhanced a couple of years back, the only benefit they could come up with was they were making more reward seats available.... yet fast forward to now and there doesn't appear to be any more availability than before.
As a GCH reward availability is excellent on SH. Never book LH on miles so can't comment there.
Old Apr 16, 2017, 8:08 am
Original Poster

Thank You all
I live in the USA, have 1.9 million avoids point and, several companion redemption. I will try the GP route
Old Apr 16, 2017, 8:43 am

Question

Originally Posted by jwhite9185
Really? RFS redemption are plentiful for Golds - even travelling a couple of hours before. I booked a ZRH-LHR on Friday at 17:30 and flew it at 19:40, and it was Easter weekend also ^

Originally Posted by TabTraveller
As a GCH reward availability is excellent on SH. Never book LH on miles so can't comment there.
Agreed. Even I find if you can be a little flexible, availability is there. Of course, I wouldn't even try on the SYD, SFO, MIAs etc, but usually I can get something to work. QR award availability is usually good, and CX shorthaul I find excellent.
Old Apr 16, 2017, 5:36 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
Sorry OP, I wasn't aware you were in the US, the flights I searched where from the UK

If you message me with airports that you can fly from to get to either, happy to search for you. Alternatively, it might be worth phoning the Gold line as they will also be able to search partner availability too.
Old Apr 17, 2017, 11:31 am

Programs: BA Silver, Mucci
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
So a welcome and a congratulations.

Welcome to Flyertalk khandheria, and welcome to the BA Board. You have absolutely come to the right place, and if you haven't found a set of dates that works for you by all means consider a Gold Priority Reward. If conventional availability shows up a day or more before departure - and availability in the 2-4 days timeframe is quite common - you can cancel the GPR and book the normal redemption. That said, BA's routes to SA are often very full. Don't overlook the LGW-CPT and the Iberia services too.

And congratulations on 5000 posts, HilFly, your contributions here are always worth reading.
Thank you for your kind words, c-w-s. My post count would have been a lot higher but I could never get a word in edgeways for T8191 & Hiddy!

I don't know why I started to put the number at the bottom of the significant number posts - maybe ready for the day that I put all my posts into bestselling book form
Old Apr 17, 2017, 11:36 am

Programs: Mucci Petit Four de Pucci, RedVee's Navigator Badge, BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by HilFly
Well done HilFly. Hope all's well and you may certainly have a piece of cake for that!
Old Apr 18, 2017, 2:02 am

Programs: BA Silver, Mucci
Originally Posted by Fruitcake
Well done HilFly. Hope all's well and you may certainly have a piece of cake for that!
As it happens, I had a piece of tres leches cake tonight. Delicious as it was, it cannot compare to fruitcake.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 4:37 pm
Original Poster

Looking for ord-fco or dfw-fco June 21 and rtn on june 26

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.