Search

My first ex-EU flight. Baggage question

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2017, 4:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA-GOLD
My first ex-EU flight. Baggage question

Hi there.

I am going to be doing my first ex-EU flight next week, starting in AMS and going to JNB.

As my flight from AMS is to LCY, I don't really want to lug my suitcase all the way across to LHR, I ideally would like AirPortr to come pick it up from my house the night before and take it to LHR for me.

I'm assuming I won't have any issues if I check in in AMS with hand luggage only, but then have a bag to check-in when I get to Heathrow?
Old Apr 15, 2017, 4:08 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
My understanding about how Airportr works is that this is fine: you can't avoid an early check-in under their process, and once your bag is in the system everything else is OK too. I see no problem here.
Old Apr 15, 2017, 4:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA-GOLD
Great. That will save me some hassle. I won't use AirPortr's Check-in facility, but rather just take my bag to Heathrow for me and I will pick it up from them when I arrive and take it to check-in myself.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.