Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Paris check-in counter opening time

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2017, 9:24 am
Original Poster

Paris check-in counter opening time

Anyone know what time the CDG BA counter opens for check-in? Can't find that info anywhere.

We're on the 7:25am flight CDG-LHR. AA (who we've ticketed through) suggests check-in 4 hours prior to departure, which is a bit much, and I'm guessing check-in isn't open at that time anyway.

Was thinking to arrive at 5:15 (need to check a bag). I assume the counter is open at that time?

Thanks.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 9:30 am

Programs: BAEC
If you go to "Manage My Booking", then "Check in", then "Other ways to check in" it should state what time the airport desks open.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 9:30 am

I am not sure what time the check-in desk at CDG opens, but no need to check-in much more than 1hr before departure with luggage. So, anything earlier than 06:25 is just a waste of sleep time
Old Apr 14, 2017, 12:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
In France they tend not to be too interested in checking people in too early.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 1:53 pm
Original Poster

Thanks all.

Can you confirm... is BA check-in located in 2C, or 2A? Seeing conflicting things about this.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 3:37 pm

Programs: OW Emerald (BA), UA*G, Marriott Plat, IC RA, Various others
2A, but downstairs on the arrival level. It is a separate BA area, and there is direct access from it into the immigration and security hall.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 5:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
It's 2A, but downstairs from the arrivals level (and check-in counters of most 2A/2C). There's an escalator towards the right of the terminal when coming from the RER - enregistrement zone 9.
Old Apr 15, 2017, 11:08 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the info... For future reference, I got to check in line around 5:40. Economy line was quite long but priority line only had one person. After check in went right through empty immigration and security checkpoints and was at the Cathay lounge as they opened at 6am.

AA Admirals Club next door opens at 630.

From Cathay lounge, it's about a 5 minute walk to the gate we used (A45).
Old Apr 16, 2017, 5:54 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

SeaTac check-in counter?

Cannot find what time the SeaTac ( Seattle) BA counter opens. Our flight leaves at 1:15PM.

Thanks
Old Apr 16, 2017, 6:02 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by david55
Cannot find what time the SeaTac ( Seattle) BA counter opens. Our flight leaves at 1:15PM.

Thanks
If you can't see it in MMB as indicated by shefgab's posting, you can assume 3 hours on longhaul, 2 hours on shorthaul. In some places it is 3 hrs 30 minutes for longhaul, but that's the general position.
orbitmic likes this.
Old Apr 16, 2017, 6:31 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
If you can't see it in MMB as indicated by shefgab's posting, you can assume 3 hours on longhaul, 2 hours on shorthaul. In some places it is 3 hrs 30 minutes for longhaul, but that's the general position.
Thank you as always.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 7:41 am

Programs: BAEC, AA Exec Plat
I have a similar question to this. What time are the check in counters open for afternoon flights?
I am flying 1630 CDG-LHR but will be CDG around 1200 from another flight. Will I be able to check in baggage and head to the lounge or do they open only 2/3 hours before the flight?
Old Mar 20, 2019, 7:46 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
What happened when you tried the following?

Originally Posted by shefgab
If you go to "Manage My Booking", then "Check in", then "Other ways to check in" it should state what time the airport desks open.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 8:10 am

Programs: BAEC, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
What happened when you tried the following?
Good point - it states 3 hours. I just wondered what policy they stick to in reality - with so many flights I guess the desk is open before, but you may not be able to check in?!
Old Mar 20, 2019, 8:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
yes that's correct. some airports (even large ones) simply don't have capacity to store luggage for long periods and so restrict the times people can drop bags off in advance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.