Is this really First?

Old Apr 14, 2017, 10:48 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by madfish
Secret door is just a term on here. I know it isn't very secretive although it isn't emblazoned with signs either. Besides, it has been widely reported on here and, I think confirmed by BA, that it will be closing if it hasn't already.

The door will always be " secret" to me as I have no idea where it is. ( but I do have detailed instructions on how to find it)
Old Apr 14, 2017, 11:01 am

Programs: Yorkshire Coastliner
Originally Posted by HIDDY
Even in old F I enjoyed my window seat on the 777 better than the 747. I'm surprised when I read people saying the BA F product is little better than CW. I know which cabin I'd prefer to be in.

Me too. The buzz is much better down the back.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 11:02 am

Programs: IHG Spire, CA Gold
Originally Posted by kauppias

ba First: a fine business class product

The only reason I fly ba F is if Im redeeming miles as I want all aisle access which CW does not offer for now atleast...

My first two ba F experiences were so dissappointing that I havenot really seen any point to repeat the experience testing AA F on the 77W thisnsummer so hopefully its not too much worse
Sometimes we call BA F is the best business class in the world^
Old Apr 14, 2017, 11:09 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Edward_YUL
Sometimes we call BA F is the best business class in the world^
Awww did you read that on a travel blog? I guess that makes CX and QR's F seats also the best business class seats in the world. They look pretty similar to other J seats.

I really fail to see any meaningful comparison between BA F and any other airlines' J. Especially on BA's newer aircraft (388/789).
Old Apr 14, 2017, 11:13 am

Originally Posted by TabTraveller
Awww did you read that on a travel blog? I guess that makes CX and QR's F seats also the best business class seats in the world. They look pretty similar to other J seats.

I really fail to see any meaningful comparison between BA F and any other airlines' J. Especially on BA's newer aircraft (388/789).
I didn't experienced QR F so I cannot make any comment on that

BUT I AM 100% SURE that CX's F is one of the best F I has ever been taken until now as well as LH, and better than SQ NH and JL
Old Apr 14, 2017, 11:14 am

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
Personally, I enjoy F on the 777 the most! The A380 is set up so you can't properly see out of the windows!
Old Apr 14, 2017, 11:21 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance

BUT I AM 100% SURE that CX's F is one of the best F I has ever been taken until now as well as LH, and better than SQ NH and JL
Have you tried the SQ Suite though? I think it is much better than CX F.

However, I find that the food is dire in SQ F. I am seriously looking at doing BYO food on my next SQ F! I fail to understand this because the food is by and large great in Singapore. The 2 worst airline meals I have ever had were ex-SIN on different airlines (QF and JL) too. I also used to find that BA food ex-SIN was poorer than other sectors but I found my last ex-SIN on BA that it has improved a lot. Weird...

Saying all that, there is a big element of personal preference, of course.

I have not tried the Apartment yet and I might well prefer it to SQ Suite, however.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 11:21 am

I didn't experienced QR F so I cannot make any comment on that

I agree. Their seat is nearly identical to BA's seat on its A380. BA's bedding is less good and they don't serve [chinese] caviar. The champagne is the same. BA's food tends to be better, especially exLHR. But then you can often get BA F to HKG for less than Ł1000 more return than J in a sale. That never happens on CX.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 11:23 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by V10
The outrageous practice of putting "less premium" cabins on the same aircraft, where there might be lower class oiks sharing the same air supply
Are these the folk that are referred to on AAnother Forum as "Kettles"? I know. There should be a law.
Not entirely sure what it is you're suggesting. The fact that flyeralk does not represent the average flying public? Yep, that is true. It's a forum for frequent travelers, so people here fly more than others, frequent flyers tend to be in the premium cabins more often, and making planes their second homes the things that impress others have worn off on the frequent flyers, instead they realise all the small differences, positive and negative.

Fiddlesticks! The thousands of posts in the BoB thread seem to disprove that. If not, why all the fuss? I couldn't give a hoot as I never fly ET anyway.

If you're suggesting that people are complaining a lot or even too much about BA First, well I think they/we should. People pay lots of money and/or avios, expecting the product to be what it advertises and being comparable to what they have on other airlines, and then they are disapppointed. RIghtly so

I am suggesting nothing - I am saying that the majority of people will never get the opportunity to complain. I am really unsure that people do pay lots of money. I expect that they would like us to think that they had, but I have long been convinced that it is other people's (their employer's) money. Even Merry was in F paid for by his employer and with Avios generated by those flights. Why do I think that they do not pay themselves? What sane person goes on paying for something that they know to be better elsewhere?
BA is far from perfect, but away from this Forum where people are people and not handles on a Chatboard, I hear very varying views.

Posh? Of course I'm posh. I flew for BCAL.

Right - after that little chat, it is time to collect the G&T, put on my I-don't-care shoes and finish "Fortitude" once and for all. HI can wait for dinner. So there!
Old Apr 14, 2017, 11:38 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by patgarrett
Me too. The buzz is much better down the back.
Agreed.

I used to really enjoy travelling long haul in Y. Since finding Flyertalk I've changed...now even the thought of it brings me out in a cold sweat. The wife tells me to stop behaving like a spoilt child.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 11:41 am

Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
Have you tried the SQ Suite though? I think it is much better than CX F.

However, I find that the food is dire in SQ F. I am seriously looking at doing BYO food on my next SQ F! I fail to understand this because the food is by and large great in Singapore. The 2 worst airline meals I have ever had were ex-SIN on different airlines (QF and JL) too. I also used to find that BA food ex-SIN was poorer than other sectors but I found my last ex-SIN on BA that it has improved a lot. Weird...

Saying all that, there is a big element of personal preference, of course.

I have not tried the Apartment yet and I might well prefer it to SQ Suite, however.
I mean F an previous 747 and some config 777-300

Suite in SQ classification mean R NOT F
Old Apr 14, 2017, 11:54 am

Programs: MUCCI, British Airways Executive Club Gold
I doubt BA would have invested in a new First lounge at LGW were to lose its First product. They wouldn't do it just for Gold EC members I'm sure.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 12:12 pm

I've never been fortunate enough, yet, to fly F on any airline! Well It's not exactly true but I was less than 8 yrs old and flat beds didn't exist, so I don't contribute this or any experience to my judgement. But I have seen F on BA. Both in person and in photos of course.

To compare F and CW just ceases to amuse me. I've done a few CW trips, which help my Silver status of course. I like to think I'm not in the Premium majority who are very much accustomed to F and it's intricacies or CW for that matter. However, to compare the 2 on just hard product really makes me wonder if people are blinded by their experiences. The F Cabin has a fantastic look and style that out shines and differentiates from CW. CW on the older craft (747,777) is just a very beige look and sometimes very dated in its appearance (ex-LGW 777 for example).

The blue/purple led lightening and dark colours are very different. The fact that F has blinds! And windows that are aligned to the seat. Small side lamps. There are, from the little I've seen in reality, obvious differences in Product. This is just aesthetics but there's clearly a difference and I know where I would rather sit!

I guess the biggest factor...no one is stepping over your legs!! Do come down to earth sometimes and appreciate the things we have rather than the things we don't. I apply that to all not just the OP.

I hope F was better than the start of the journey and I hope one day to have the fortune to fly in F!
Old Apr 14, 2017, 12:28 pm

Programs: Some

I'm aware a significant percentage of your posts seem to be pro-BA diatribes against anyone who disparages BA, so I'm taking this post with the pinch of salt it deserves, but I'd nevertheless be interested to hear which J you think looks like CX F.

Unfortunately the majority of BA F seats aren't on BA's 388s or 789s though, are they?
Old Apr 14, 2017, 12:33 pm

Programs: Some
I agree. Their seat is nearly identical to BA's seat on its A380. BA's bedding is less good and they don't serve [chinese] caviar. The champagne is the same. BA's food tends to be better, especially exLHR. But then you can often get BA F to HKG for less than Ł1000 more return than J in a sale. That never happens on CX.
The fact that you claim the BA A380 F seat is nearly identical to the CX F seat says it all.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.