Search

Is this really First?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2017, 9:14 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by david55
When will I learn?

I am less than a week away from my first F experience counting the days but when I read threads like this I think "What have I done? Why did I pay the high fuel surcharge and spend all those FFmiles?"

Yes, my expectations are too high and it is too late to temper them. I already fantasize about prancing around the cabin in my PJs and slippers, eating my gourmet dinner with my husband ( I'll even sit in the jumper seat),nibbling on chocolates and putting the ones I don't like back, sleeping soundly with the BA provided bedding and my ambien, and finally on my return, pushing my way through the uninvited standing outside the Concorde Room secret door as I wave my FC boarding pass saying "excuse me. excuse me. I belong"

I have it all planned and have been practicing for months.

I probably should stop reading FT until our return.
Has the secret door now closed with the opening of the F wing? Might be worth double checking,
Old Apr 14, 2017, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by madfish
Has the secret door now closed with the opening of the F wing? Might be worth double checking,
A large number of F pax are connecting pax, so it would be highly surprising if they close that door. And there is nothing secret about it. It is well advertised to transfer pax.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 9:19 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, HH Lifetime Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, Marrriott Silver, SPG, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by david55
When will I learn?

I am less than a week away from my first F experience counting the days but when I read threads like this I think "What have I done? Why did I pay the high fuel surcharge and spend all those FFmiles?"

Yes, my expectations are too high and it is too late to temper them. I already fantasize about prancing around the cabin in my PJs and slippers, eating my gourmet dinner with my husband ( I'll even sit in the jumper seat),nibbling on chocolates and putting the ones I don't like back, sleeping soundly with the BA provided bedding and my ambien, and finally on my return, pushing my way through the uninvited standing outside the Concorde Room secret door as I wave my FC boarding pass saying "excuse me. excuse me. I belong"

I have it all planned and have been practicing for months.

I probably should stop reading FT until our return.
LOL! I too am in the same thought path as We're on a 747 (1A and K) next month from LHR to CPT and then a 380 from JNB back to LHR. Looking forward to it -,has to be much better than the zig zag seating of biz.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 9:21 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by brunos
A large number of F pax are connecting pax, so it would be highly surprising if they close that door. And there is nothing secret about it. It is well advertised to transfer pax.
Secret door is just a term on here. I know it isn't very secretive although it isn't emblazoned with signs either. Besides, it has been widely reported on here and, I think confirmed by BA, that it will be closing if it hasn't already.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Are you confusing airlines? There is a big difference between the First and Club World seats on BA??
I have turned down an opup from Quiet 62K to noisy 5K on the 747. Wifey too.
I would never turn down an opup on A380 or 777.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 9:25 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Radisson VIP, Hertz Gold, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by TabTraveller
I'd perhaps suggest that you go take a look around other areas of FT before suggesting that other airlines manage to live up to expectations in F. Working in a consumer facing industry, people who have unrealistic expectations will find a way to moan regardless of who they eventually use. In my experience this accounts for around 20% of the British public.
20% of all statistics are made up on the spot

I've flown Long Haul J on various airlines and all of them better than my BA F experience, on-board and pre-boarding...

For what BA charge, the product isn't as good as similarly priced alternatives.

Brand loyalty is a mysterious thing. For me it's partly nostalgia, partly that I can earn/redeem avios more easily than any other FF currency, and partly living in hope that it will get better...
Old Apr 14, 2017, 9:26 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by madfish
Secret door is just a term on here. I know it isn't very secretive although it isn't emblazoned with signs either. Besides, it has been widely reported on here and, I think confirmed by BA, that it will be closing if it hasn't already.
There are new signs on the flight connections route advising that the CCR is accessible downstairs by following signs to south lounges. However, the guardians suggested that the door might not close as it is still being used a lot so was under review...
Old Apr 14, 2017, 9:27 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

I'd perhaps suggest that you go take a look around other areas of FT before suggesting that other airlines manage to live up to expectations in F. Working in a consumer facing industry, people who have unrealistic expectations will find a way to moan regardless of who they eventually use. In my experience this accounts for around 20% of the British public.
As an EK ambassador, I can say that there are not many complaints about EK F.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 9:31 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE

I wonder what we will be complaining about in another 10 years time?
Old age.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 9:32 am

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
As an EK ambassador, I can say that there are not many complaints about EK F.
Ah yes. Perhaps HMG should subsidise BA to the tune of billions of dollars to ensure that the F experience better meets expectations...
Old Apr 14, 2017, 9:33 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Ah yes. Perhaps HMG should subsidise BA to the tune of billions of dollars to ensure that the F experience better meets expectations...
Yawn... try better next time.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 10:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by V10
The outrageous practice of putting "less premium" cabins on the same aircraft, where there might be lower class oiks sharing the same air supply
I feel faint!
Old Apr 14, 2017, 10:19 am

Programs: BA Gold
Same with my experience in the F seats (albeit with CW service) to ANU earlier this year. VIIW outbound was in a dreadful state, flared carpets and a filthy seat, also with scuffs and spillage marks all over the cabin plastics. VIIX on the return was a bit better, but still not in a good state. Had I paid a full F fare I'd be absolutely furious.

In comparison to the immaculate state of the QR aircraft I flew on last week (in J), the state of these LGW birds is fairly shameful.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 10:45 am

Originally Posted by phoneticduck
20% of all statistics are made up on the spot

I've flown Long Haul J on various airlines and all of them better than my BA F experience, on-board and pre-boarding...

For what BA charge, the product isn't as good as similarly priced alternatives.

Brand loyalty is a mysterious thing. For me it's partly nostalgia, partly that I can earn/redeem avios more easily than any other FF currency, and partly living in hope that it will get better...
I cannot think of a single major carrier's J that, on any objective criteria, is better than BA F. Would love to hear your thoughts and reasons?
Old Apr 14, 2017, 10:46 am

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Yawn... try better next time.
Standards of discourse really do reach dizzying heights over on the EK forum then

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.